Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Resolved _Kitteh muted me

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing the game, chatting with people like I usually do and I accidently typed a sentence with caps lock on. It was an accident and I said sorry and everything, because I'm sure everyone had made that mistake before. Four seconds later, _Kitteh mutes me for 10 minutes because of it. I was muted for 5 minutes like 8 minutes before but this was an actual mistake. The reason I make the mistake is usually because I press caps lock to type the capital letter, then press it again. I'm not used to holding shift. Sometimes I'll fuck it up like this "hELLO" or "hOW IS YOUR DAY?" but what pisses me off the most is that I missed a reaction. It took the kid 18 seconds to type in the sentence, when I could of typed it in 7. It kept just saying "You are muted (9 minutes left)" or something like that. I think _Kitteh is mute happy. Thanks for reading this.

_Kitteh

1. I never saw a sorry in the chat after you typed in the capital letters and I read the whole chat before muting you. Even if you did say sorry, then I apologized myself in msg when you told me you were going to report me.

2. A reaction is a reaction. Once you're unmuted, you can get the next one.

3. I was never "mute happy." I was just doing my job. Even though I hadn't gotten a mute until today, I still just did it because I'm a helper and that's basically what I do.

Any admins/owners reading this, you may check the logs and see if he said sorry. If he did, then again, I apologize. The chat was going so fast that I tried to read the whole chat before muting KillingSpree to make sure I wasn't making a mistake. But I guess I did (Or did not, if you come up with your decision).

Again, @KillingSpree225 , I apologize for muting you if you ever said sorry before I muted you.

I saw the sorry, but I do agree the chat went by fairly quickly, in kitteh's defense.
But in killingspree's defense, killingspree does a lot of the reactions and wins a lot as well, so it can be seen as one of the primary incomes for them.

Just felt like I should let you guys know!

- Darkwolf4747 (Wolfie)

14Squared

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
So both of you are saying, he should be allowed to break the rules so he can do a reaction? Even if it was just a joke/accident

damian_2010

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I think this is a bit of a silly report.

There was no need for _Kitteh to apologize, as she was simply doing her job. If you had gotten muted 8 minutes before, for the exact same reason, it is not weird for her to mute you, even if the caps was on accident or not. It is you who is responsible for what you say in chat.

We have our rules, and the members of our staff team execute their commands when these are broken. This is exactly what _Kitteh did, and so there is nothing wrong with it. It also does not mean she is "Mute happy". Just because you missed a reaction ( which there are enough of ) because of your own mistake, does not mean you have to report her for doing her job.

And just a tip, especially if you did get muted before, you should maybe check twice before pressing enter.

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I entirely agree with Damian, but feel I may have something small to add, I want to help you all understand why we have the certain rules we do for chat.

Specifically things related to caps - there are a few situations this is applied.

There are two specific types of people who are muted for caps, the genuinely obnoxious people who type in caps for no real reason, and those who do it by accident. We still have to enforce the rules on both occasions, as the end result is the same for the chat, especially if it is constant.

This is a very important difference to us, when we look at how Helpers and other staff are doing with regards to muting and overusing commands. I think it's a good idea at this point to close out this report as resolved, as we will be taking no further action.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online