Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

A Few Plugin Suggestions that Promote an Ease of Use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ched

I've got a few suggestions that may be beneficial. I do not have the exact plugin names, but I can provide a description of them.
One of the annoying things about farming is that the items sometimes spread out, meaning that you do not get to collect all of them. To prevent this, a plugin that, when harvesting crops, puts the items directly into your inventory rather than spreads them on the ground. This would have a few pros:
- Increases Frame Rate
- Decreases stress on server due to an abundance items on the ground
- Makes farming much easier, and efficient
Another problem that many face is that selling drugs such as sugar, paper, bread, etc... requires a lot of "aimless crafting." Whether it be a donor perk or a perk for all people on the server, a plugin that will automatically convert all of your specified crops into the drug form of your choice would be very beneficial.
For example, if I have an inventory of sugarcane, I can run the command to convert it into either paper or sugar. Same goes for hay bales, bread, etc...
The benefits of such a plugin would:
- Make farming more fast-paced and interesting
- Waist less time
- Be a possible source of money for the server (e.g. buy the command)
Finally, a great idea which, if moderated, could be highly beneficial for the server is backpacks. No, not like /pv or an enderchest, these would be required to be held by the person. The backpacks would also only be allowed to be filled by crops, not items such as armor/spawners so that people could abuse enderchests for more space. A backpack could either be given by a donor perk, or purchasable. Each backpack would have a given number of spaces, say 500 items to begin with (that is items, not stacks. So 500 sugar cane not 500 stacks). These backpacks could also be upgradable, so people can choose to spend money on making farming more efficient. When I say they can be upgraded, I mean that someone can pay for extra item spaces. For example, if i am harvesting my sugar cane farm, I could just harvest it one time instead of having to empty my inventory countless times. This would also make drug selling more efficient; however, users take a bigger risk (as guards are still able to confiscate items held in backpacks). These backpacks are a physical item in your inventory, say represented by a chest, that will drop when you die. Also, you don't need to put drugs into the backpacks, they act as an inventory space and automatically fill up.
Benefits:
- Faster farming, no needless drug-storing
- More money to both players AND guards, because guards can profit significantly more if someone has a lot of drugs in their backpack
- Good source of revenue for the server (again, could be purchasable)
- A valuable item that players who may already be maxed out can work on upgrading
- Increases productivity on server, makes it more interesting

Well, those are a few suggestions. If you have any critiques or questions, feel free to ask. I myself have played on a server with said plugins (prison not drug, however), and I found for them to be very fun and useful.

theodor488

Hey Ched!

Holy shit, I haven't seen anyone post such in-depth suggestions before, complete with benefits and thorough explanations for each suggestion.

See, I have an opinion on all of these suggestions, as I think through my expertise, and time playing the server, I see how these plugins can impact game to game play, and how it would affect the very delicate balance of the server. Firstly, I think that your first suggestion, with putting the drugs directly into your inventory upon harvest is an amazing suggestion, and I would like to see this implemented if possible. Your benefits of it perfectly both shows how smoothly it can be added, and it won't change anyone's play style (from what I can see) except improving it reducing entity lag.

Though for your other suggestion, I have a lot of mixed feelings about those. Firstly a big part of what makes drugs either more expensive or cheaper is how difficult it is to get it from point A, planting the drug to point B, selling it at the drughouse/prison. Crafting the drugs is an extra step, to add more complexity to the selling process, and adding a way to craft a drug instantly would make it far too easy, as if someone were to find a stash of cane, they could just instantly craft it all into sugar, and sell it at the drughouse, instead of taking the time to craft it. Not only does it help with pricing, it can also help with selling the drug in bulk, as if you craft wheat into haybales, and sell it into the drughouse instead, your chances exponentially lower as instead of making 9 runs of wheat, you can make 1 run of haybales. (Of course with the cost of if you are arrested, it would be extraordinarily devastating). It just ruin the economy for any craftable drugs, making it unnecessarily cheap due to laziness, when you could instead have many added benefits with hand crafting it. And I think that MCD did have this feature a while ago, but it probably didn't work out because of the reasons I have listed.

For the backpack, I think that it would simply be pointless, as we already have /ec and /pv donor perks, and having a backpack wouldn't make any difference except having access to it at spawn (which would just make drug runs simpler, making drugs cheaper, continuing the cycle). In the wild it would be useless, as /ec and /pv have a way that your items can stay secure upon death, and I think is ultimately a contributor to the laziness of players, and creating less goals in the process (more drug runs, p2w, etc.)

I still think it is amazing that you even came out with suggestions, and gave such an in depth look at them, and I would really like to see the first one implemented, as I think it could only cause good to the server!

Remember, these are only my opinions though.

-theodor488

Ched

Hey Ched!

Holy shit, I haven't seen anyone post such in-depth suggestions before, complete with benefits and thorough explanations for each suggestion.

See, I have an opinion on all of these suggestions, as I think through my expertise, and time playing the server, I see how these plugins can impact game to game play, and how it would affect the very delicate balance of the server. Firstly, I think that your first suggestion, with putting the drugs directly into your inventory upon harvest is an amazing suggestion, and I would like to see this implemented if possible. Your benefits of it perfectly both shows how smoothly it can be added, and it won't change anyone's play style (from what I can see) except improving it reducing entity lag.

Though for your other suggestion, I have a lot of mixed feelings about those. Firstly a big part of what makes drugs either more expensive or cheaper is how difficult it is to get it from point A, planting the drug to point B, selling it at the drughouse/prison. Crafting the drugs is an extra step, to add more complexity to the selling process, and adding a way to craft a drug instantly would make it far too easy, as if someone were to find a stash of cane, they could just instantly craft it all into sugar, and sell it at the drughouse, instead of taking the time to craft it. Not only does it help with pricing, it can also help with selling the drug in bulk, as if you craft wheat into haybales, and sell it into the drughouse instead, your chances exponentially lower as instead of making 9 runs of wheat, you can make 1 run of haybales. (Of course with the cost of if you are arrested, it would be extraordinarily devastating). It just ruin the economy for any craftable drugs, making it unnecessarily cheap due to laziness, when you could instead have many added benefits with hand crafting it. And I think that MCD did have this feature a while ago, but it probably didn't work out because of the reasons I have listed.

For the backpack, I think that it would simply be pointless, as we already have /ec and /pv donor perks, and having a backpack wouldn't make any difference except having access to it at spawn (which would just make drug runs simpler, making drugs cheaper, continuing the cycle). In the wild it would be useless, as /ec and /pv have a way that your items can stay secure upon death, and I think is ultimately a contributor to the laziness of players, and creating less goals in the process (more drug runs, p2w, etc.)

I still think it is amazing that you even came out with suggestions, and gave such an in depth look at them, and I would really like to see the first one implemented, as I think it could only cause good to the server!

-theodor488
I undestand concerns with #2. But for #3, I am not sure if you are understanding the idea behind it.
A backpack is not like /pv. It stays in your inventory (kinda like those new things you get in the end, I forget the name). The point of a backpack is basically adding inventory space, but only for drugs. So say my farm gives me 60 stacks of sugar cane per harvest. I can then effectively harvest my 60 stacks of sugar cane in 1 harvest instead of 2. I've seen it implemented on a server, and it is very popular. People spend millions of dollars upgrading their backpacks, making it a fun form of progression with useful benefits. Again, they are essentially extra space to hold drugs. It makes harvesting much more efficient. I guess the "lazy factor" does come into play as you said with crafting, but this is a bit different. It helps you farm your drugs faster, and sell them in larger quantities, but with a bigger risk (just like with hay bales).

Ched

Hey Ched!

-theodor488
BTW, he reason my suggestion is so long is because I feel that these plugins would be very helpful. Because I don't have the plugin names, I had to describe them myself. Also, if I had just written to add the plugin without an explanation, some may not see the benefits that urged me to write that post, and disregard it completely. Additionally, it helps to improve my use of persuasion/argumentative writing :)

StephenTheHero

VIP+
I really like these ideas but I think with the backpacks, while might be really fun to upgrade them etc. I feel they will hurt cops a lot since you're doing less runs to sell your drugs. I agree with Theo's post 100% :)

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
These have all been suggested, some many times, and I'll tell you why we never go through with any of these suggestions:

1. The "item merging" on the server is already higher than vanilla minecraft. You will notice that items merge into one stack at ~1-4 blocks from eachother. The miniscule amount of item drops on the ground at any time don't really cause any noticable impact to server performance. If a player has FPS trouble from some drops, they should not break so many crops at once. As to your statement on making farming more easy and efficient, that's not what we want. Current drug prices are balanced around the difficulty of farming and processing each drug, so drugs like wheat are priced accordingly to their difficulty to harvest and plant.

2. We get this one the most, and it simply will never be a feature of the server. As I said for the first suggestion, drugs are priced based on their process. If we had an autocraft command, drugs that already have few steps to process (sugar cane, pumpkins, melons, etc.) would be so much easier to make into sellable drugs.

3. The backpack system you suggest is a bit different from what others have suggested of backpacks. In the end, we don't want to be giving people who are able to donate advantages to make selling easier (this is why the donator drug stores are at the same place as the normal one, and the prison sells for more than MVP+). Even if this was not a donator-exclusive feature, it would just make selling too easy. For example, players would be able to sell ~9 more stacks per run. This may not seem like a lot, but that is about a 25% increase per trip, and with boosters on, would make a big difference in the amount the player can sell in that time.

You said that you have played on prison servers with these plugins, and that's why I think you are mistaken to think they would work on MCDrugs. Here, we strive to not be an "OP", "easy" server, like many prison servers. We want players to have to work, and not add any artifical, automated processes to replace the steps in growing and selling drugs.

Sorry if I came off as an asshole rejecting all your suggestions, but we do appreciate them. Please feel free to keep making suggestions, and we will be sure to implement any one that is balanced and useful.

Last edited:

Ched

These have all been suggested, some many times, and I'll tell you why we never go through with any of these suggestions:

1. The "item merging" on the server is already higher than vanilla minecraft. You will notice that items merge into one stack at ~1-4 blocks from eachother. The miniscule amount of item drops on the ground at any time don't really cause any noticable impact to server performance. If a player has FPS trouble from some drops, they should not break so many crops at once. As to your statement on making farming more easy and efficient, that's not what we want. Current drug prices are balanced around the difficulty of farming and processing each drug, so drugs like wheat are priced accordingly to their difficulty to harvest and plant.

2. We get this one the most, and it simply will never be a feature of the server. As I said for the first suggestion, drugs are priced based on their process. If we had an autocraft command, drugs that already have few steps to process (sugar cane, pumpkins, melons, etc.) would be so much easier to make into sellable drugs.

3. The backpack system you suggest is a bit different from what others have suggested of backpacks. In the end, we don't want to be giving people who are able to donate advantages to make selling easier (this is why the donator drug stores are at the same place as the normal one, and the prison sells for more than MVP+). Even if this was not a donator-exclusive feature, it would just make selling too easy. For example, players would be able to sell ~9 more stacks per run. This may not seem like a lot, but that is about a 25% increase per trip, and with boosters on, would make a big difference in the amount the player can sell in that time.

You said that you have played on prison servers with these plugins, and that's why I think you are mistaken to think they would work on MCDrugs. Here, we strive to not be an "OP", "easy" server, like many prison servers. We want players to have to work, and not add any artifical, automated processes to replace the steps in growing and selling drugs.

Sorry if I came off as an asshole rejecting all your suggestions, but we do appreciate them. Please feel free to keep making suggestions, and we will be sure to implement any one that is balanced and useful.
Thanks for the response.
I don't see it as you coming off as an asshole, rather you arguing a fair position. I can see how these could be problematic. If every suggestion was implemented, the server would be a shit show, so arguing against them is a more than reasonable response.
Thanks Again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online