A fluctuating drug market

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
In light of the recent nerfs, I have been thinking a lot about how the drug market could change for the better. I propose that a bit of luck be introduced into the life of a drug runner. Each week, perhaps there could be one or two drugs that double in price, and the rest of the drugs sell for 80% of their price. The selection of the drug of the week would be totally random, and no warning whatsoever would be given other than the time at which the drug of the week would be chosen. This gives some major advantages to the server, as it would force players to start growing more than a single megafarm of a single drug. (Drug-growing diversity was a server quality mentioned by one of the owners in a previous post) It would make the druggie business a far more diverse one. Also, it would give certain types of players their time to shine. People with big auto-farms could prosper greatly on a cactus or pumpkin week, and manual farmers could prosper greatly on a carrot or a wheat week. Perhaps even cane farmers like my current self could for once make more than 20k per inventory. I believe this addition would add a great deal of challenge, prosperity, and variation to the server. Thanks for considering it

Sick

VIP+
This sounds like a pretty interesting idea... this should be looked at. I don't agree with them lowering the drug prices so much and this would make farming so much different.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The drug market has always been fluctuating, however - we use some actual logic behind it as opposed to "random selections".
The most popular drugs get nerfed, and the least get buffed. We do this every week if necessary, and strive for a balanced economy.

What none of you guys seem to ever understand is that we don't just lower drug prices, often if we lower one by 4cents or so we would increase another by at least 4cents. What we do now, forces people to make "more than one mega farm", I don't understand how this would change that.

Just because we lower the drug that you're all growing, it's at that point you all complain and go "wtf why are all the drugs being lowered the fuck".
We aren't looking for a random chance to balance our economy, there is a lot involved and we try to balance it as good as we possibly can.

I hope this helped.

matthiasss_

VIP+
Hey Harbey,

As Spalw said they are checking what drugs get farmed the most and wich ones don't get farmed at all. The whole plan to the adjusting prices of the drugs is just to make them all balanced and see that players grow every drug or atleast the same amount of farms (Ex: 5 players doing wheat, 5 players doing sugarcane).

By adjusting the prices we also push the players into changing farms or making new ones. To gain more money we already have the prison to sell for 25% more u can do at the drughouse. By making the drugprices more "random" it would undo the drug adjusting prices the owners did. And we would just have the same problem again: 1 type of crops being farmed. You may say the drug that gets a boosted price is "random" but people could just save 100's of chests of there drug untill the drug they farm gets boosted.

Have a nice day,
Matthias

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Matthias that makes sense to me. However as someone who farmed sugarcane up until now, I will say that sugarcane is incredibly underpriced. For cane to balance with the rest of the drugs, it would need to be more like 800 or 850 per stack rather than what it is now

The reason why cane is priced the way it is isn't decided only because of how much it's farmed, but the difficulty of farming it. Although pumpkins had the biggest nerf recently, it wasn't because everyone farmed it. It was because of how easy it was to farm (automatic to a point where sandman could be at his base for a few seconds and have a full inventory again). Sugarcane is very easy to farm as you don't need to replant it again. I'm sure everyone has a wheat farm, which you'd think would make it worth less, especially if you could bring an inventory of hay bales. That's not the story here as replanting wheat farms is a pain in the ass. Same goes for cocoa beans.

- Darkwolf4747

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online