Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Assigned Helpers

Support this suggestion?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeoum

MVP
Suggestion: I believe it would be an applicable suggestion for new players to have an assigned helper to ask questions and potentially help with tasks. How this system would work is when a new player joins, they would be assigned a Helper based on all the current Helpers toggled availability.

My idea would be an assigned Helper lasting about as long as PVP Protection (maybe 30mins to an hour) which would definitely enforce the Helpers cannot raid or harm rule. A separate idea would allow players to request a Helper if they need one and how long they need one.

I would believe this system would give Helpers a new opportunity and more requirement. The system could work as the staff ticket system and be very helpful.

-MasonYT

*Contact me via site message or in game mail, this would probably require a custom plugin but I think it could be great*

redbaaron

MVP+
I like this idea, I believe there should be boundaries on what the helper should help with or not such as raids. I also think that helpers can give suggestions and tell what the players to do and not actually help build their base or farm. I think a solid list of rules should be enforced with this :)

Xeoum

MVP
I like this idea, I believe there should be boundaries on what the helper should help with or not such as raids. I also think that helpers can give suggestions and tell what the players to do and not actually help build their base or farm. I think a solid list of rules should be enforced with this :)
I agree I like your reason and believed prior that restrictions should exist. Thank you!

Xeoum

MVP
Obviously any Helpers not willing to participate can opt out via a toggle, and participating Helpers can feel free to refuse certain requests. In the future this could evolve to be available to any players needing an assigned helper.

*Note: maybe an edit of the ticket system plugin could be used for this?*

Ziexd

2017 Map Founder
Contributor II
MVP+
DrugPass I
This sounds like it would be very, very hard.

In my opinion there is just too much that would need to be done for this. Also, with the amount of new players we get, I just don't think it would work.

Xeoum

MVP
This sounds like it would be very, very hard.

In my opinion there is just too much that would need to be done for this. Also, with the amount of new players we get, I just don't think it would work.
I understand that but it could definitely start smaller and simpler and work its way up, also with all the new players the option of only if you request it takes part.

Xeoum

MVP
A new alternative idea would be to edit the Welcome message so that it includes something such as "Ask (randomized name of online helper) if you have any questions!" which I know is possible.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
A new alternative idea would be to edit the Welcome message so that it includes something such as "Ask (randomized name of online helper) if you have any questions!" which I know is possible.
This is definitely not possible without using a different plugin for welcome messages, and it's just illogical to single out a random helper online for many reasons; they could be AFK, not knowledgable on the subject, etc. The way it works right now is fine.

Xeoum

MVP
This is definitely not possible without using a different plugin for welcome messages, and it's just illogical to single out a random helper online for many reasons; they could be AFK, not knowledgable on the subject, etc. The way it works right now is fine.
Alright Dakotaa, I understand, just future consideration. I just wondered if this would be a neat addition to our features, I do understand the hardship this, as you pointed out, could potentially cause; this system was just my quick mind creation that could greatly suit me and I guess my methods, maybe it was a little to farfetched, but I think it could be appropriate for future development. Maybe I could work on something like this. ;)

Edit: As I did mention there could be an availability toggle but I understand that is more in-depth than needed, also as Helper's, were always learning, the answers to some questions we will and won't know; uncertainty can always be an answer, along with looking towards higher staff. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online