Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Accepted Ban Appeal - 36s

Status
Not open for further replies.

36s

Member Name 36s

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: 36s

Length of Ban: perm mute

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : minecraft perm mute

Staff who banned you : spalw

Staff who dealt with you : spalw

Staff who have warned you previously : none

Reason for ban on record : extensive history of being toxic/ disrespecting the community.

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : i was being toxic, not agreeing with spalw's decisions.

What is your explanation of this reason? Pohsix got perm muted, then lurnn comes on and shoves it in his face, so i say "seriously spalw? This is who you're defending?" and get perm muted.

Why should we unban you? I was not warned about a perm mute nor was i expecting one after saying that. I just wanted to say that's who you are defending? I haven't been toxic to anyone in months and i feel i dont deserve this mute. People get perm muted for sexually harrassing staff members that are underage, yet im here getting perm muted for saying "this is who you're defending?". I would've perferred a verbal or even a /warn about it first.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I won't jump in when spalw is talking to another player.

How can we trust you again? My history of me being "toxic" was 85 days ago. Keep in mind ive only played this game for like 90-95 days total. 99% of my time playing this server i haven't been muted or banned, then out of nowhere, a perm mute.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Spalw, I'm sorry for jumping in when you were mad, I hope you come to a realization that my mute wasn't really deserved, as i said before, people get perm muted for serious stuff, not just saying dumb shit on kitpvp.

36s

these are the logs of where i got muted btw.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 1.23.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 1.23.05 PM.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 83

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hello,
Before I begin - I have removed your mute from your history. The mute reason was incredibly innapropriate for you, and I apologize.
However,

There is a systemic issue with how we handle toxicity on MCDrugs. To be clear, I am more so speaking about Pohsix's mute, rather than yours.
From banning VZL & Sky recently, we saw a very real and measurable improvement to the community in general.

MCDrugs has been running for seven years now, and we thought that players like these were just an unfortunate reality of the server. I would like to point out, that no matter what certain factions say, MCDrugs is one of the fairest servers you can play on. We have thousands of publicly available appeals, that anyone can scrutinize - and we tolerate just about anything. We are lenient with first time cheaters, as we like to give opportunity for them to enjoy the server once they realize what they have done is not accpetable, and that they will be caught. We do not take into account donations when considering bans, we never have, and never will - and we hold our Admins accountable, Dakota and I have both demoted many of our good friends from admin positions for abusing their power. We have seven years of accountable history, which is why it is so utterly insulting to be told by someone with over 1,000OT that "[11:01:29] [CHAT] pohsix: spalw 36 thinks it would matter because he believes lurnn would try to twist a video's evidence to present an argument that lance is hacking", we aren't idiots, we aren't children. We know how to handle a hacking ban. We know how to seperatate evidence, and personal opinion, and influence from outside sources. That ban was based completely on the evidence provided by a player, and independant evidence individually gathered by admins, and was entirely legitimate, I am 100% certain, as are the other four staff members that dicussed it - also, if you or any other player submitted hacking evidence and you were in teamspeak, we would likely discuss it with you as well. This is absolutely not abnormal what so ever. (Even though, this was not the case regarding Lance's appeal, the player who reported the hacking was not present when we discussed it, my point is that it is irrelevant whether he was, or not).

From speaking directly with server owners from similar sized communities in recent days, Dakota and I concluded that it is decididaly not normal for us to put up with levels of inceccsant toxicty that we do from players like Sky, Pohsix & VZL.

Players who perpetually deliberately insult the server and are endlessly toxic while expecting us to put up with it, will no longer be tolerated.
We are going to be making changes to our chat rules, and moderation guidlines next map to prevent the incubation of players like this - we will be moderating excessive racism and toxicity with more consicentcy and clarity.

This does not mean that we will be banning players randomly for saying the server is shit, or that I personally, or any of staff are assholes. It does however mean, that players who make a habbit of contriubting nothing what so ever to the community, other than incessant toxicty, specifically towards the server itself, will be removed.

As for our situation, I immeditely spoke to lurn, before you even typed your message, telling him to stop flaming you or pohsix about this issue. It was my mistake not doing it visibily to you. However, your attitude was the same as VZL, Sky or Pohsix. All three of us said dumb shit, but at the end of the day, if you distrust myself, or other staff, why do you play here? I wouldn't play on a server if I disliked the staff as much as you guys seem to. Also - here is the full log, for clarity sake.

I hope this makes our position clear.
Thanks,
Spalw.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online