Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - misfitss

Status
Not open for further replies.

misfitss

Member Name misfitss

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: misfitss

Length of Ban: 7D

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : temp banned

Staff who banned you : spalw

Staff who dealt with you : None

Staff who have warned you previously : None

Reason for ban on record : Hacking / Farming Macros.

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : Based off the reason for my ban, I believe one of the admins thought I was using a harvesting macro or hacked client.

What is your explanation of this reason? Based off the reason for my ban, I believe one of the admins thought I was using a harvesting macro or hacked client.
Last night, during a discord call in the Smash faction discord, I engaged in sarcastic conversation about hacked clients and macros. I imagine someone in that discord conversation either failed to understand the sarcastic nature of our comments or was off put by my extensive knowledge of macros and hacked clients. As someone enrolled in AP Computer Science A, I have a deep interest in computer programming, especially Java, which is the language most hacked clients are written in. Another member of that discord, DrGlu, also has similar interests. This is why my jokes displayed an adept understanding of these illegal modifications

Why should we unban you? I did not intended for my sarcastic demeanor to suggest to the server administration that I use any of these illegal modifications to gain an unfair advantage on MC Drugs. I think that it is illogical for you to ban someone simply for joking about the topic, as my jokes in no way validate these accusations.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? It is promise to you that I will refrain entirely from joking about macros and hacked clients when in the presence of members of the MC Drugs community.

How can we trust you again? As my jokes should not constitute a ban, I believe that there still a sturdy bridge on which we can continue a honest relationship.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? To my understanding, a staff member was in the discord channel when I was discussing hacked clients and macros. If he was the one who reported me for hacking and use of farming macros, I invite him to screen share me and have a look around my computer. What you will find is neither any hacked clients or software that would enable me to create macros.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The discord call was not the reason I issued the ban.

Myself and other admins watched you crafting sugar cane into paper. You held a pattern for about 2 minutes of crafting, which is totally fine. Even if every inventory you did took exactly the same amount of time, nothing overly suspicious about that.

Except when you made a mistake, and your inventory was full before you finished crafting a whole inventory - you closed your inventory and when you left the screen your mouse went in a specific pattern, shifting at specific times, repeatedly - which exactly matched the timings of your previous crafting.

I would like to remind you, and other players, that we often do not discriminate between players “joking” about hacking, and actually hacking. If players say that they’re hacking in game, we issue a ban, and let them prove otherwise with an appeal. It is best not to joke about hacking, on or off the server, due to the lack of context we might have as staff.

misfitss

I think that’s fair. I will say that I was using a macro and it was a shit one I just made, I only made a appeal to see if it was you guys really getting me or the stuff I was talking about in discord. I will take my 7 days and thank you for clearing it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.