Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Accepted Ban Appeal - xForerunner

Status
Not open for further replies.

xForerunner

Member Name xForerunner

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: xForerunner

Length of Ban: 7 days

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Minecraft temp-ban

Staff who banned you : ThaCandyMan

Staff who dealt with you : ThaCandyMan

Staff who have warned you previously : None

Reason for ban on record : X-raying

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : The tunnels xChet and I dug to break into an unclaimed sugar cane base appeared as though they were the result of X-raying.

Why what is your explanation of this reason? The farm we were leeching off of had 3 different levels of sugar cane, and the highest one went up to around y 20. Normally we wouldn't have been able to pick up on it at bedrock, but since someone was harvesting on the 3rd level that was a dead giveaway as their tag was close enough to show up.

My friend chet was out scouting around for bases and spotted a moving nametag in the ground. He sethome at the surface initially and waited for it to disappear before tunneling down towards where he saw the tag and discovered the sugar cane farm.

He informed me of the base the following day and we went to check it out so I could see for myself. We ended up making a 2nd tunnel since he couldn't find the initial one he made.

I replaced some of the blocks with smooth stone that way we could effectively minimize our footprint in the area so as to avoid exposing ourselves that we had found the base. Reason being, if they found out their base was compromised, we risked them claiming the base or refraining from depositing their valuables in the chests there any more.

Secondarily due to the nature of our entry, it would have looked highly suspicious if we had tunnels that led to their base so patching them up was the best way to kill two birds with one stone and avoid finding ourselves in this sort of predicament in the first place.

I didn't have VIP at the time for the extra homes so when I went back to gear up and get some more blocks I found the initial tunnel he made and placed a water bucket down there that way I wouldn't die
from fall damage.

I found myself in the same cave system we were originally in as we tunneled towards the base and dug through the roof of the 3rd floor. That's how I found my way in and was able to sethome, since during all this I decided I should go ahead and purchase VIP right then for the extra homes.

Since then, we exclusively accessed the base to leech off the sugar cane farm and loot the chests they had placed inside.

Why should we unban you? The forum states that appeals are for when a mistake was made during the ban, and I feel I have provided sufficient evidence that proves the absence of foul play on our behalf in this situation.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? To be frank, I'm not sure how I could do things differently and in such a way that makes it clear any tunnels I make are not the product of foul play, since in situations like these it's easy to see how those forms of entry could be mistaken for X-ray. If you have anything in mind that I should do differently please let me know since at this point I'll just be avoiding tunneling entirely so as not to end up in this situation again.

How can we trust you again? I hope that you'll hear me out with an open mind willing to understand and see things from my perspective. Although I've felt pretty anxious throughout this, I can see how this situation presents itself as one of many others where the perpetrator is blatantly X-raying. However I'm confident that if absolved of my ban, I can prove myself to be the trustworthy and loyal player I set out to be.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? I sincerely apologize for whatever inconvenience I've caused as a result of this.

And also for making you read my lengthy appeal :^)

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I had another staff member help me and went to see if we could see name tags from the surface of the base in question. And name tags are not visible from the top layer of the farm which is located at 16 not 20. I even had the staff member helping me move around like a normal person would and jump around and no name tag was ever seen.

xForerunner

Ahh I see, so, I went ahead and conducted some tests of my own with a friend and produced a few interesting results. One of those is that for some reason nametags can be seen slightly farther with Optifine. Why that is and what settings are involved, I'm not sure, but I switched back and forth from vanilla to Optifine and there was a clear difference in the range at which nametags show up. Were you using Optifine when you tested it with the other staff member? If not, consider repeating it with Optifine and see how it affects the results.

The second thing I discovered is that, although inconsistent, nametags show up and disappear depending on the amount of blocks between you and the other player. What that means is that nametags may disappear and reappear depending on the area you're looking as a result of the terrain (which includes other variables like caves, ravines, ceiling height, etc). I had my friend Storm head over to the surface above the base and see if he could spot the tags from above and grab some screenies if so, and was able to capture these here:

He was able to spot my faction member kunal along with ImHog's faction member LadyEvilhead from the surface. The nametags show up through the water and other areas around the coast of the swamp/body of water. Which makes sense since when I brought it up with chet he confirmed that when he initially saw the tags, it was by the water on the surface above their base. Also worth noting that although the tags are a little difficult to pick out through the default texture pack shown here, chet uses the MC OCD pack which has flat, single colored block textures that make things like nametags pop out significantly more than other texture packs. Hopefully this should clear up how we were able to spot their nametags, if you have any further questions let me know. Additionally if you would like to confirm this for yourself in game, feel free to message kunal1234 or stormx_ about recreating it and they'll guide you to where the screenshots were taken.

ImHog

MVP+
I would like to confirm that he found this base legit, nothing done wrong from his end

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Due to recent proof, I will unban and clear history from you. Sorry for the trouble and time away from MCD. Appeal Accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.