Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Shortened Banned for giving out personal info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_VhizyHD_

MVP
In Game Name : _VhizyHD_
Length of Ban : 7 days
Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Minecraft temp-ban
Staff who banned you : MarKeeys
Staff who dealt with you : MarKeeys
Staff who have warned you previously : None
Reason for ban on record : Posting personal info in main chat
Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I think they thought I was posting someones personal info, yet I was posting mine for fun.
Why what is your explanation of this reason? : I posted personal info in chat, but I didn't say that it was mine.
Why should we unban you : It was my personal info and I am only putting myself at risk, even though there is little to none because I said my state, city, highschool, and area code.
What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? : I will make sure not to post personal info anymore or I will make sure to state its mine before posting and if thats not allowed I won't post this at all.
How can we trust you again? : I will not post anything stupid like that again.
What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? : Im sorry, if you'd like to skype about this add me simon lytle.

MarKeeys

2017 Map Founder
MVP+
Greetings!

Personal information may or may not be yours from the start. Even though they were yours. We, the server, are not responsible for any dangers and/ or risks that may come from posting your own personal information. And if it wasn't not yours it would be considered as acquiring an individual's information.

I will let my Admin, @14Squared, have his decision.

Thank you.

Last edited:

_VhizyHD_

MVP
@Marquise Alright, You even said, "Its not our responsibility for any dangers/risks" and I understand this. I also stated this was mine I said, "Come find me." I will also prove that this was my personal if you want. Thanks :)
- VhizyHD

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Ban shortened to 75% of the original length, this is a complete waste of our time and doing shit like this "for fun" is ridiculous and we have no time for it.

I hope this helped.

TrapNation

VIP
Ban shortened to 75% of the original length, this is a complete waste of our time and doing shit like this "for fun" is ridiculous and we have no time for it.

I hope this helped.
It was a mistake on markeys part, vhizy said his own info and markeys thought he was exposing someone else, banning him at all is rediculous

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
It was a mistake on markeys part, vhizy said his own info and markeys thought he was exposing someone else, banning him at all is rediculous

I respectfully disagree, we teach our staff in this situation to enact a tertiary ban for the case to be reviewed by a higher staff member.
If this was found to be someone else's personal information - a permanent ban would have been issued, however it is clear that this was simply just because someone was being completely stupid and being a dumb ass "just for fun".

There are many reasons we are harsh on this topic, the main being that we despise the fact that this is how the "culture" works in this environment - that just because you don't like someone, it is often accepted that you're simply able to just dos/dox them in communities like ours, however we have always intended to make it very clear that we are not one of these places and personally - myself and Dakota disagree entirely with this mindset from an administration and player point of view.

I hope this helped clear this up, after speaking to the player I have decided to lower the ban to two days - but intend to make all players aware that this is what will occur if this kind of behaviour is applied again.

I hope this helped! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online