Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Been fun... sort of

BDM

MVP+
Well time to demote me. No real benefit to being a helper other than shutting up annoying people. Also appears to be a buddy system so not sure I will make it any further.... unless I joined KOTN.....

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Thanks for doing what you've been doing.
However, we want to make it very clear that we do not give any special attention to any faction, there are many staff members that are not in KoTN.

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
The point of being a helper is not to benefit yourself, you are simply dedicating your time to help the server, it is not supposed to be helpful to you. I have been a helper for over a year, not counting the month I left for inactivity. I do this because I like to help the server, not because I have any idea's of a promotion or benefits to myself, to resign simply because you won't get promoted, in my opinion shows that you would not deserve to get promoted in the first place. Just my thoughts on the matter.

jrd3044

AsstToTheOwner
Staff member
AsstToTheOwner
I will be honest with you. The staff team has had a hard time for the past few maps with helper promotions. Spalw, Dakotaa, and I are usually the ones who have the final say in a tmod promotion. It has recently been harder for us to watch helpers and promote them because we are so busy helping others. This is why we added 3 more admins to our staff team last weekend. I have recently been trying to work on a system to get helpers promoted in a timely manner. We are aware some people have waited almost up to a year for a tmod spot. This is something we plan on fixing in the near future. I am sorry you feel like it's a buddy system to get promoted, because that's not the case. I will gladly talk to you if you wish. Thanks for dedicating time to our server, we really appreciate it!

Last edited:

BDM

MVP+
Thanks however all I have is observations to go from and that is what led me to this conclusion. I hope this new system works out for those in the future.

BDM

MVP+
Latenix,
At my company I would call you a floater, someone who just floats through taking whatever came their way... The purpose of ranks is to advance, if no clear path is set OR you are not meeting them then it is a sign to move on, which is what I have done.

Remember you can never improve if you just stay the same so I do hope you get a promo on the next weekend and I would gladly recommend you even though you would not do the same. Best of luck!

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I would just like to clarify something.

We do not give special treatment to any given "faction", it's very simple how this all works - we promote who we(The high staff team) see fit to be promoted. We do not have any given time or goal for a player to be promoted, each and every player has a unique path that allows them to be as useful as possible for the server.

If you're an active player and communicate with myself, Jon & Dakota often you have a much higher chance of being promoted. We then rely on other staff members opinions on who else should be promoted - for players that we don't know much about and rarely see or hear from due to time zone or lack of Teamspeak use. I would also like to stress that when you're in a situation like this, it is important that you speak up and let us know what's going on - this applies to all of our helpers and staff team.

I hope this helped.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.