Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

BobTheWolf's County Court

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobTheWolf

VIP+
After reading a suggestion and recently being involved in a few legal troubles myself a few weeks back about one of my novels, I have decided to create this:

BobTheWolf's County Court

Private court cases will be held in a different undisclosed location each time.
Public court cases will be held somewhere around spawn, I have yet to find a suitable place.

If you would like to submit a case, simply reply to this thread, giving details of the person you are claiming against and what the claim is about.

My crack team of County Court Officers will get into touch with the potential defendant.

A date and time will be agreed on. The claimant is the one who decides whether the court hearing will be held in public or in private.

The judge will most likely be me.

If your case gets accepted then you are to pay a one time payment of $5000. You will get this back if you win the case. If the amount of money you are claiming for is less than $10000, then you will only have to pay $100.

If you win the case, the defendant is required to pay 17% more than the original amount. This extra money is paid to the courts.

Upon winning a case:

If the defendant still does not pay within 2 irl days, then BobTheWolf's County Court Bailiffs will be sent out.
The bailiffs will be dedicated to finding the corresponding faction/player's base and will take any and all goods up to the claimed value. These goods will be sold and the amount claimed for will be paid straight to the claimant. If the bailiffs do get sent out, the amount required for the defendant to pay will go up by another 15%. This will cover the costs of the bailiff's wages.

Extra Info

• If either party does not show up to court at the correct time, the court case will be awarded in the other's favor.
  • Lawyers are optional. If you choose to have a lawyer, please choose someone who will represent you well, as the court will not be liable for a bad lawyer.
  • Court hearings can be held within the MC-Drugs team-speak server, whether this be a private or a public room.
I'm not sure if I have covered everything so if anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

This may be a temporary thing. I literally have no clue how this will go.

Last edited:

BobTheWolf

VIP+
New Case - Details:
Claimant - VDD
Defendant - DeizziHD
Amount asked for - $50,000
Reason - False scamming accusations causing emotional distress and loss of sales.

Case won or lost: Won
Amount Awarded: $50,000
Reason for award: DeizziHD failed to show up to court

Money paid after 48 hours?: No
Further action taken: Bailiffs sent out to collect the amount owed in assets. These assets could be from Mystic's claimed land or from DeizziHD's items when dropped from being killed. The assets collected will then be sold.
Amount now outstanding: $67,275
  • Amount owed to VDD: $50,000
  • Amount owed to County Court: $17,275
Please note: The only way to now stop the bailiff's from collecting on this debt is for the amount to be paid in full by either DeizziHD or a member of his faction (Mystic) The payment should be made to either BobTheWolf or VDD.

Any information from now on the whereabouts of any assets that may belong to DeizziHD or Mystic will be rewarded.

This information will help the bailiffs collect on the debt. If no information is given, the bailiffs will continue to collect on the debt and more assets may be taken.

UPDATE:
County Court bailiffs have seized assets worth the amount owed from a Mystic Claim. The defendant now has 1 week to appeal this debt before the assets get sold and $50,000 gets paid to the claimant.

Last edited:

BobTheWolf

VIP+
New Case - Details (VDD vs Thinkplay)
Claimant - VDD
Defendant - Thinkplay
Amount asked for - $50,000
Reason - Attempting to raid VDD's base

Case won or lost:
Won
Amount Awarded: $50,000
Reason for award: Thinkplay admitted that he in fact did attempt to raid VDD

Money paid after 48 hours?:
N/A
Further action taken: N/A
Amount now outstanding: $58,500
  • Amount owed to VDD: $50,000
  • Amount owed to County Court: $8,500
Bailiffs have recovered items worth $5000.
Due to thinkplay's lack of assets, he is unable to maintain a farm meaning that there isn't much there for bailiffs to take.

Last edited:

BobTheWolf

VIP+
New Case - Details (GotEdit vs Ethenhunter)
Claimant -
GotEdit
Defendant - Ethenhunter
Amount asked for - $1
Reason - Sexual Harrasement

Case won or lost:
Case Aquitted
Amount Awarded: N/A
Reason for award: N/A

Money paid after 48 hours?:
N/A
Further action taken: N/A
Amount now outstanding: N/A
  • Amount owed to claimant: N/A
  • Amount owed to County Court: N/A

Last edited:

BobTheWolf

VIP+
New Case - Details (GotEdit vs Arknado)
Claimant -
GotEdit
Defendant - Arknado
Amount asked for - $5000
Reason - Sexual Harassment

Case won or lost: Won in Arknado's favor
Amount Awarded: $2500
Reason for award: Jury found Arknado innocent, and accepted his counter-claim of $2500

Money paid within 48 hours?: Yes
Further action taken: None Needed
Amount now outstanding: $0

BobTheWolf

VIP+
New Case - Details (PabloEscobar69 vs 14Squared)
Claimant -
PabloEscobar69
Defendant - 14Squared
Amount asked for - $10,000 and Pablo's truck to have a name change.
Reason - PabloEscobar69 allegedly lost sales due to Pablo's truck not being named correctly. Apparently Pablo's truck is supposed to belong to PabloEscobar69

Case won or lost: Won in 14Squared's favor
Amount Awarded: $20,000
Reason for award: Judge came to a decision and found 14Squared to have nothing to do with Pablo's truck, and accepted his counter-claim.

Money paid within 48 hours?: Yes
Further action taken: None Needed
Amount now outstanding: $0

BobTheWolf

VIP+
New case - Details (PabloEscabar69 vs Imawreckya)
Claimant -
PabloEscabar69
Claimant's Lawyer - Damian
Defendant - Imawreckya
Defendant's Lawyer - The_Other_Todd
Amount asked for - $250,000
Reason - Imawreckya allegedly destroyed Pablo's shed.

Judges involved -
GotEdit, BobTheWolf, Ethenhunter

Case won or lost: Won in PabloEscobar69's favor
Amount Awarded: $250,000
Reason for award: The jury of 7 people had come to a decision and found Imawreckya guilty.

Money paid within 48 hours? No
Further action taken: Bailiffs have been sent out.
Amount outstanding: $336,375
  • Amount owed to claimant - $250,000
  • Amount owed to CountyCourt - $86,375 (17% of the claimed amount and 15% on top to cover the bailiffs.)
CountyCourt's trained bailiffs have now been sent out. The only way to stop them collecting upon this debt is to pay in full. Assets can be seized from any claimed land belonging to Imawreckya's faction, or from land which is proven to be owned by Imawreckya. (E.g. His personal vault)

Last edited:

BobTheWolf

VIP+
CountyCourt is now recruiting!

These are the roles within CountyCourt which you can be, along with the amounts you will be paid:

Judge -
$1500 per case
  • Judges will keep the order in the court and call upon people to speak. They will also look through each individual Juror's verdict and tally up the results. Once the result has been confirmed, the judges will then state the final verdict and come to a decision of how much money the winner will be paid. In effect, they are the heads of the court.
Juror - $300 per case - (This role is not open for recruitment. Juror's will randomly be picked)
  • Depending on how many people are online at the time, the amount of jurors will vary. The jurors make up the jury and the jury will be presented each side of the story. At the end of the case, each Juror will write and sign a book stating their final verdict. These verdicts will then be handed into the Judges.
Court Usher - $400 per case
  • A Court Usher helps to keep the order in court. They make sure evidence is given to the Judges safely and make sure no one is carrying anything they shouldn't be whilst in the courthouse.
Bailiff - Bailiffs working on each case will split the 15% of the money gained from seizing assets. (The 15% put aside to cover bailiff costs)
  • If a claim isn't paid within 48 hours bailiffs will get sent out. These Bailiffs will work together as a team to find bases of debtors. They will gather any intelligence on the whereabouts of any assets owned by the debtor, and seize said assets. Once seized, the Bailiffs will then safely transfer these assets into a vault, ready to be sold. Bailiffs may also kill debtors to gather any assets the debtors may have in their inventory.
Lawyer - Price to be discussed with either the claimant or the defendant.
  • Hired lawyers are certified lawyers which are available to be used by the public. Other lawyers may be used, but certified lawyers are the best lawyers to use within the CountyCourt Courthouse. Lawyers will effectively represent claimants and defendants.
Evidence Collector - $1000 per case
  • Evidence Collectors will go out to crime-scenes or places of concern to see if there is any potential evidence there, or to see if the said place backs up a claimant or defendant's story. Evidence Collectors may not always be needed.
Please write a reply to this thread using this template to apply:

In-game name:
Role applying for (Please make a separate application for each role you want to apply for):
Why should we hire you? (100 characters minimum):
Have you got any experience in this area? If yes, please expand:
What is your in-game rank?:
When online, are you able to always be on call for any court cases which will pop up?:

Any successful applications will be subject to an interview and if successful with the interview, you will undergo mandatory training, depending on the role you applied for. This is so that we hire the best people for the job. We look forward to seeing your applications!

Montagnesse

In-game name: Montagnesse
Role applying for (Please make a separate application for each role you want to apply for): Lawyer
Why should we hire you? (100 characters minimum): Alright. I'm a fair, righteous person, and will not let my personal opinions/viewpoints interfere with my judgement. I have previous experience as a juror, and i therefore know how to act in a courtroom.
Have you got any experience in this area? If yes, please expand: I have watched all the seasons of "Suits" twice, so i know a lot about practicing law, and the correct terms for everything.
What is your in-game rank?: MassProducer
When online, are you able to always be on call for any court cases which will pop up?: Heck yeah.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
In-game name: GotEdit
Role applying for (Please make a separate application for each role you want to apply for): Judge
Why should we hire you? (100 characters minimum): You should accept me because it would make the possibilities for more court cases to go on when the other judge might not be on.
Have you got any experience in this area? If yes, please expand: I was a judge in the Imawreckya v PabloEscobar69 case.
What is your in-game rank?: HeadMod / VIP+ / ***Cook
When online, are you able to always be on call for any court cases which will pop up?: I am online most of the time, I am on most of the time every day. I'd be able to go to court at any time.

Last edited:

BobTheWolf

VIP+
In-game name: GotEdit
Role applying for (Please make a separate application for each role you want to apply for): Judge
Why should we hire you? (100 characters minimum): You should accept me because it would make the possibilities for more court cases to go on when the other judge might not be on.
Have you got any experience in this area? If yes, please expand: I was a judge in the Imawreckya v PabloEscobar69 case.
What is your in-game rank?: HeadMod / VIP+ / ***Cook
When online, are you able to always be on call for any court cases which will pop up?: I am online most of the time, I am on most of the time every day. I'd be able to go to court at any time.

Sorry for the delayed reply - I would like to invite you to an in-game interview! /msg me when you're next on.

ANormalTopaz

In-game name: ANormalTopaz

Role applying for (Please make a separate application for each role you want to apply for): Evidence Finder

Why should we hire you? (100 characters minimum): 1. I am in your faction. 2. I am very trustworthy and will not fake any evidence.

Have you got any experience in this area? If yes, please expand: No

What is your in-game rank?: Grower

When online, are you able to always be on call for any court cases which will pop up?: Yes, and also if you need me hit me up on skype if needed.

Any successful applications will be subject to an interview and if successful with the interview, you will undergo mandatory training, depending on the role you applied for. This is so that we hire the best people for the job. We look forward to seeing your applications!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online