Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Change the activation for police abilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inexity

As it stands, police abilities require to you both crouch and right click in order to use them. This is not only annoying to use, you also get slowed considerably by having to crouch, when, say, an invisible person in front of you has to be revealed. Furthermore, the activation itself seems delayed; I find I have to at times press it a couple times before it actually activates.

Please fix cop abilities so they're easier to use and not so much of a headache.

This might be one of the few things that protects people who are evading police. The abilities are overpowered in a sense (especially with seeing invisible people, or leaping forward onto people).
This is like the only thing that gives runners a slight better chance at selling drugs instead of losing their drugs every time. It’s a fact of balance and not of just giving you cops a headache.

Inexity

This might be one of the few things that protects people who are evading police. The abilities are overpowered in a sense (especially with seeing invisible people, or leaping forward onto people).
This is like the only thing that gives runners a slight better chance at selling drugs instead of losing their drugs every time. It’s a fact of balance and not of just giving you cops a headache.

Seeing 5 blocks in front of you is hardly overpowered. That's close to the length at which cops, players, can reach. If you're able to get that close to someone invisible, arrest is usually imminent. You're not going to be able to make use of your ability if you have to crouch to use it, because the invis person could very well break away from the possibility of you reaching him. Druggies have many options of their own to avoid cops. Space boots allow them to be more mobile at the cost of revealing their feet while invisible. They also have speed boosting potions and boots. Not to mention multiple selling points which only increase as druggies rank up or acquire donator status. To say balance favours drug-runners this map would be an understatement. Only thing which I see as possibly imbalanced is horses on cops. But then again, drug-runners can rent them, too. How often do you see people "lose their drugs all the time" from poor-play and reusing the same route, rather than just cop abilities being OP? Consider that.

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
I don't know much about the balance this map as I stopped playing actively but "allow them to be more mobile at the cost of revealing their feet while invisible" was a quote from your post, you mention it helps at a cost, just like revealing invisible players is an ability At the cost of having to crouch. If the druggie abilities have drawbacks the cop abilities should have them as well.

Inexity

I don't know much about the balance this map as I stopped playing actively but "allow them to be more mobile at the cost of revealing their feet while invisible" was a quote from your post, you mention it helps at a cost, just like revealing invisible players is an ability At the cost of having to crouch. If the druggie abilities have drawbacks the cop abilities should have them as well.
The problem is the drawbacks are menial for druggies with how many other options they have at their disposal. I am arguing this point because the cop abilities are necessary for cops to be able to compete with runners, and activating them seems more trouble than just focusing on chasing the person a cop has to catch. If you noticed how big the map is this time around and how many drug sell points are possible, police are at a serious disadvantage. Again, this is a minor change that would help cops out so they can actually make meaningful use of their ability when it matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.