play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Chat Notifications With Nicknames

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenTheHero

VIP+
Hey,

We have the current nice notification plugin where your name turns red & bold when said in chat but can it be changed so it works with nicknames as well? Because everyone calls me Hero in chat and obviously is the same for everyone else that has a nickname and we don't get the notifications.

FactionsTasty

MVP+
This does sound like it would make a great addition because everyone calls me Tasty and I don't hear that when I am in another browser or do I something else.
That's just my opinion though.

theodor488

I could see a problem with this as I have seen players with similar names as other players notioning them to call them by a nickname similar to the others.

For example I have seen a total of 3 Theodor's on this server, and all of them are abbreviated as Theo. Therefore, if someone says Theo in chat, it would be red for the person with the nickname, but the person saying 'Theo' wouldn't necessarily be talking to the correct Theo.

To sum up what I just said, I think it would be confusing if it were to happen, but if you could find a way around that I honestly think its a super good suggestion!

-theodor488

S

SquareAngle

That would cause too much annoyance. The whole point of the red and bold letters to your IGN is that no one is gunna say "Squarebagels" unless they are talking to YOU. However, in your case, "Hero" could easily be used in a sentence unrelated to you.

Burrito2

MVP
You can do this yourself using 5zig. You can highlight particular words, download 5zig and search up how to do it on youtube

S

SquareAngle

This does sound like it would make a great addition because everyone calls me Tasty and I don't hear that when I am in another browser or do I something else.
That's just my opinion though.
"Just went to Nandos, and man, those chicken wings were Tasty!"

Ziexd

2017 Map Founder
Contributor II
MVP+
DrugPass I
Idk if its any correlation but its really annoying when people spam your name in their Party Chat in or /msg to another player because it still dings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.