Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Crazy Enchanter on Regular MC-Drugs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
So one of the coolest things that the rush server has to offer, are the custom enchants that are obtainable through just grinding. I don't like the rush server overall, but this feature is awesome. Last map, the server tried runes towards the end of the map, and some of them happened to be too over powered, and it required donating or points to get them.

With this plugin, it is all grinding in game, so if you had to remove any half way through the map, you arn't scamming people for the money, if you even would have to do that since the ideal thing would be to have all the damage boost enchants removed. Some of those enchants like Splice (chance to do triple damage), Double Damage, Crushing, Fast Turn, or any of those that give strength 1 2 or 3 while fighting.

Since the OG MC-Drugs server is still the main server, and has double the players than Rush, I thought this would be an amazing addition to have on MC-Drugs, it would have to be heavily configured to be viable on regular MCD.

Also noticed that getting custom enchants on the Rush server is already very hard, even the common ones (I'm legitimately saying it's way too hard, I would recommend trying it and you will see what I'm talking about).
Possibly lower the levels to be 40-60-100 would make a lot more sense if you planned on adding it to OG MCD.

Final note, it would add another grinding aspect on MC-Drugs for players who are already Drug Lord or are tired of farming.

Thanks for reading, leave feedback, and let me know what you think. (not putting a poll on this since it is owner's decision at the end of the day)

Example of an OP Enchant
50747bd27cbfcc070264be3e3f682939.png

Last edited:

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
I'm not sure about this. When I originally was helping PS configure I thought this same thing, however the best way to look at this is to think through the perspective of the average player.

Zhihu, you're at a point in the game that few other players are at. You're in what was one of the best factions before all major factions decided to stop playing. You have assets like money, mob grinders, and gear at your disposal.

In my opinion, adding this would actually make a gap between the rich players and the poor players who still can afford the gear to PvP like everybody else. Anybody can get their hands on a set of Protection 4 armor, but not every player can get their hands on a Crazy-Enchanted piece of decked out gear.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
I'm not sure about this. When I originally was helping PS configure I thought this same thing, however the best way to look at this is to think through the perspective of the average player.

Zhihu, you're at a point in the game that few other players are at. You're in what was one of the best factions before all major factions decided to stop playing. You have assets like money, mob grinders, and gear at your disposal.

In my opinion, adding this would actually make a gap between the rich players and the poor players who still can afford the gear to PvP like everybody else. Anybody can get their hands on a set of Protection 4 armor, but not every player can get their hands on a Crazy-Enchanted piece of decked out gear.
Well that is why I am saying to get rid of any custom enchants that give damage boosts, I'm talking about the fun ones like lightning for the bow, inquisitive, skill swipe (steals xp), gears, springs, pull (bow enchant that pulls enemy towards you), venom (gives poison for 1,2, or 3 sec), haste, freeze, necromancer (spawns a zombie when you are close to death), tamer (spawns a wolf when you are close to death).

I don't want anything that will give others a huge advantage over me, and neither do the staff. There is only about 1/10th of the enchants that would even be considerable to be on the real MCD server.

The average player would still be able to out PVP another player if they had the custom enchants, that is the ideal config.

Last edited:

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
Well that is why I am saying to get rid of any custom enchants that give damage boosts, I'm talking about the fun ones like lightning for the bow, inquisitive, skill swipe (steals xp), gears, springs, pull (bow enchant that pulls enemy towards you), venom (gives poison for 1,2, or 3 sec), haste, freeze, necromancer (spawns a zombie when you are close to death), tamer (spawns a wolf when you are close to death).

I don't want anything that will give others a huge advantage over me, and neither do the staff. There is only about 1/10th of the enchants that would even be considerable to be on the real MCD server.

The average player would still be able to out PVP another player if they had the custom enchants, that is the ideal config.
So you're saying you would rather just have the custom enchantments that add utility?

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
So you're saying you would rather just have the custom enchantments that add utility?
Not all of those are utility, some of those are PVP enchants, but they arn't OP enough where it would give a significant advantage over other players. And even if it was only the utility enchants, that would even support your point about the "average player" helping lower the gap between the richest players and the new players.

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
Not all of those are utility, some of those are PVP enchants, but they arn't OP enough where it would give a significant advantage over other players. And even if it was only the utility enchants, that would even support your point about the "average player" helping lower the gap between the richest players and the new players.
Yeah.. I think if all of the utility enchantments were added and only the small ones like Nutrition, SkillSwipe, Inquisitive; things like that might definitely be balanced. I think some of those infringe on being too unfair for other players, but some of them look like they would definitely add a fun aspect (especially Gears, Springs, etc.)

Like you said, though, it is up to the discretion of the owners. Good suggestion overall, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.