Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Do dark room mob grinders work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
I know that mob spawning varies from server to server due to configuration of mob caps, spawning requirements, etc. Have any of you attempted to create a dark room mob grinder? If so, has it worked out?

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Hi,
I'm not sure if they work, but mobs do naturally spawn in the dark. I would recommend trying it yourself. You'll want to claim your grinder to protect it so others can not break it, which will require them to cannon it, maybe even having to use advanced triangle cannon tech (which, as it has been brought to our attention by a helpful and respected player of the community, may be a game breaking exploit.) to get in. One problem is that claiming land costs $250 per chunk, per day, which in some players' opinions, is not affordable. I wouldn't worry about being raided though, because raiding is apparently a joke on MCDrugs.

Hope this helps :)
Your buddy,
Dakota

Last edited:

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Hi,
I'm not sure if they work, but mobs do naturally spawn in the dark. I would recommend trying it yourself. You'll want to claim your grinder to protect it so others can not break it, which will require them to cannon it, maybe even having to use advanced triangle cannon tech (which, as it has been brought to our attention by a helpful and respected player of the community, may be a game breaking exploit.) to get in. One problem is that claiming land costs $250 per chunk, per day, which in some players' opinions, is not affordable. I wouldn't worry about being raided though, because raiding is apparently a joke on MCDrugs.

Your buddy,
Dakota
Why are you so fucking stupid?

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Excuse me? I replied to your question with an honest response about the pros and cons of a grinder like that, and the details about keeping it protected.
You are an adult who chooses to spend his time trolling teenagers in a block game. At what point do you think you should seek treatment? Get something better to do than troll forum threads. If you can't find something, you could start with figuring out what fucking version of Spigot your server runs on. Thanks :)

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
You are an adult who chooses to spend his time trolling teenagers in a block game. At what point do you think you should seek treatment? Get something better to do than troll forum threads. If you can't find something, you could start with figuring out what fucking version of Spigot your server runs on. Thanks :)

Can you please calm down? I don't know what I did to make you triggered, but you might want to look into anger management. When your first resort is to start calling names and making fun of someone, without even knowing anything about them, instead of trying to be civil, you have a problem.

Last edited:

Ninoriff

VIP+
Dakotaa is only 15 not an "adult", and he doesn't "troll" anyone I don't know why you come on the forums to start fights with staff and other players.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
You're a child who spends all his time yelling at people more experienced than you in a block game about things you don't understand.
We aren't going to ban you from the forums as long as you remain civil and respectful.

The way you're acting is not an acceptable way to act, what so ever.
This is your final warning. This is completely unacceptable.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Sorry, I'll admit I got pretty triggered quickly. It's just that believe it or not, I am making somewhat of an effort to be less toxic. I try to make friendly discussion on the forums, but it always ends up being locked for flaming. I'll try to take your jokes a bit better :)

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
You're a child who spends all his time yelling at people more experienced than you in a block game about things you don't understand.
We aren't going to ban you from the forums as long as you remain civil and respectful.

The way you're acting is not an acceptable way to act, what so ever.
This is your final warning. This is completely unacceptable.
Sorry, I guess thinking that an admin wouldn't harass me on forums was expecting too much. I'll just ignore the two of you from now on.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I was not aware I came across as harassing. I have not sad anything bad about you, I just answered your question.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Dakotaa is only 15 not an "adult", and he doesn't "troll" anyone I don't know why you come on the forums to start fights with staff and other players.
His forum profile info was the only thing I had to go off of. Regardless, it doesn't change the fact that an admin went out of their way to provoke a player.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Dakotaa, I really am trying to ignore it and move on. I don't see why you insist on playing dumb about it. I'm not really even sure why you replied to the forum in the first place, unless you have built a mob grinder and would like to share info about it.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Sorry, next time I will not answer your questions, but I can assure you that normal players will not be as polite as I was.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Come on, I'm so close!
dnaW5Ia.png

MarKeeys

2017 Map Founder
MVP+
Hello,

Dark room mob spawners do work in the server, but in order for it to work you'll need to leave it unclaimed as claiming areas disables monsters to spawn in the claimed territory. Thank you.

Badkuip

VIP+
Hello,

Dark room mob spawners do work in the server, but in order for it to work you'll need to leave it unclaimed as claiming areas disables monsters to spawn in the claimed territory. Thank you.
I think you can enable mob-spawning in claimed land but if you're in a big faction they'll probably leave it disabled as they have no need for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.