Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastaboii

Contributor III
MVP+
MVP++
2023 Gold Founder
Hi guys!

I was recently playing on the server when I noticed a lot of players using chat to search for a faction/ a faction member. I know that there is a forum section dedicated to this and it is running really good but I just tought of a system that is perhaps handier / nicer to use. (Not saying the current system is bad. I just wan't to help wherever I can with possible idea's)

The idea:

(It is divided in 3 different aspects. they can be implemented as 1 wholesome or as single aspects)

1:
A new command : /recruit
This will be the main command used by:
(1) Faction leaders /officers to find new members
(2) Members who are searching for a (new) faction

When you run the command (/recruit) you will be given a GUI (I love gui's but it would aslo be possible with plain chat commands :)) where you can choose if you are:
(1) Recruiting members to your faction
(2) Searching for a (new) faction

In case you are recruiting and you click option (1) you will be send to anoter GUI where you have the option to control a few different variables. You will be able to add a small description that is relevant to people who are thinking about joining your faction. you are able to add rules / ranks / benefits / requirements / ... When done you click on an icon to update your recruitment status. When this is all done and you run the command /recruit again (as a faction leader/ officer) you will be given a GUI with all the information that you can update and another button to lead you to a GUI where players are searching for a faction (this will be aspect 3)

Now, when a player runs the /recruit command and chooses to search for a (new) faction he is send to a GUI where there is a list of factions that are searching new members. Every faction would be the head of the faction leader with the short description when hoverd over it. When you click the head it will take you to a GUI where all the faction information is listed like: faction name, faction members and variables the owner has added to the recruitment page.

This GUI will also have 2 buttons, 1 will be a button to go back to the faction list GUI and the other one will send you to a webpage that is about the faction (this is also part 2, if you don't like this but like part 1 you can change this button to 1 that goes to a forum recruitment page)

2:
This idea is based upon another server (for obvious reasons this server will not be named and I will just refer to it as server X ) Server X has implemented this with guilds but I think it works great with factions.

All factions will be given a faction page on the website (it is managed by the faction leader / officer) where you can add a faction banner, faction rules, faction ranks, faction chat, faction recruitment form (just like a helper application form) and so on. This is also the place where you will be send when you use the GUI in-game to apply for the faction.

All faction related things can be handles here (perhaps even a small faction forum or so). This page is only to be used for the faction!

3:
On the website there will be a page where players can add information about themself that is relavant to faction owners. This can be your faction power, your mcmmo levels, your playtime on the server, your donator rank, your ability's etc. when your information is all correct you publish it on the website. This will also add your head to the in-game GUI that faction owners / officers can acces (see step 1).

This is just the basic idea I had about it and I am willing to help improve on it if this seems like a good / fun idea. Feel free to contact me either private or as a comment on this thread if you have further questions / or remarks.

I am already looking forward to receive some feedback from every one on this idea!

Greetings,
Bastaboii

Grow, sell and excel!

Broccollie

VIP+
Hay Basta

it's a great idea. that would really be a lot easier for factions to use commands etc .... I hope they add this to the server.

Greetz Broccie

Pyco7

I like this idea, but there IS one flaw, code, Not code like when Boolion is != Do bla bla bla, but the fac's are constantly being created on the server. I thin a tweak needs to be added to this post, the faction LEADER must create a post on the fac recruitment. then they must type something like /f recruit (Enter Some random fac's URL here) and then, when someone clicks on it, they are sent to the page, we cant have admins working on this thing 24/7.

I LOVE the idea of this feature, its a cool concept and i would LOVE to see this be implemented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.