Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Fly command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey

Now, I know what you guys are thinking by the title of this thread. "That's such a stupid idea, its way too over powered" And yes I do agree but. I think it would be a nice addition to the server. I think that this command could be sold in the donation shop of course. I feel like it would bring a lot of attention, and of course sales! I myself would like to see this implemented in the server as its a nice command. I also know what you're thinking "In the middle of a fight, someone could just initiate the fly command and fly away unharmed." Which is also very true, but I am sure with some configuration, you could make the command disabled when in combat so this would get rid of that issue. I hope you take the time to take this command into consideration as even I would love to see this on the server. It makes building, and a whole lot of other things very easy. I know if I myself saw this command in the donation shop, I would buy it in a snap!

PROS:
Building is easier
Good form of transportation
Finding hard to reach resources IE quartz in the nether

CONS:
Can fly away from fights
Easy for hackers with X-ray to fly up to unclaimed vaults, bases

Like I said I hope you take the time to read over this thread and take this into consideration, it would be a very nice addition to the donation shop in my opinion :)

-Mikey

S

SquareAngle

Yea, you're right. It's a pretty fucking stupid idea. Don't want to burst your bubble, but it's add ons like these that end up ruining the server. You'd just see people flying around everywhere, yea, it would be to OP, can and will be used to get away from flights or to run from someone - ruins the fun, and most of all, defeats the "survival" mode of MCD.

What I'm trying to say is that you're trying to add something which really is only used in creative, into a survival server? What?

As you stated, "I would buy it in a snap", well so would everyone else. Why? Because everyone would know that they would be at such a disadvantage to others if they don't, so you get this loop of people constantly buying. Yes, you would get money from it, but then the server would go to shit. Imagine joining a drug survival server, and seeing people flying everywhere? I for one would most likely leave on the spot. I joined a survival server to play survival. If you want to play on creative, do /creative and to get back do /mcdrugs.

"Why don't we just give it a try?". No. After it went all to shit, the owners would have to remove it. Then what? Riots. People cursing ect that they paid "top money" for the command, and to remove it is a "scam". The owners would know that this would happen, and they would be forced to keep it at the expense of the players not leaving the server. Then what you ask? The server is fucked forever. You can't remove fly, as that would go to even more shit, but if you keep it, it just keeps making the server shittier. Nice dilemma.

Sorry if I sounded like a dick, but it's things like this that ruin servers.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Mikey, when I first joined this server I posted a nearly identical thread. I suggested that max ranked people should get /fly. However after having played the server for quite a while I've found that it would, as squarebagels said, ruin the server. The allure of this server is its relative vanilla style. Fly, especially in the buycraft, is pay-to-win garbage found on servers more interested in money than actual gameplay. I've played my fair share of servers with the fly command, and all of those servers are garbage. If you stay around and play the server a bit, you'll start to appreciate that it doesn't have /fly. I see where you are coming from, but it just isn't a fit for this server.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.