Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

How long does wheat take to grow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshualbutton

Just wondering;

Does the server have a growing speed reduction or not? As I feel as crops grow really slow or is this just me? As wheat takes 62 minutes to grow full (aprox 3 minecraft days)

I haven't counted but it feels more.

- Just something to talk about.

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
Forgive me if i'm wrong, i'm not a expert at coding, but I believe wheat grows using something called a random tick speed, changing to the next stage of wheat growing after a certain amount of ticks have been reached. I do not believe it is a exact value. This is probably why it feels longer as the server doesn't run at 20tps all the time like a single player server, due to the amount of people and stuff on it causing the tps to be lower than 20.

Joshualbutton

Forgive me if i'm wrong, i'm not a expert at coding, but I believe wheat grows using something called a random tick speed, changing to the next stage of wheat growing after a certain amount of ticks have been reached. I do not believe it is a exact value. This is probably why it feels longer as the server doesn't run at 20tps all the time like a single player server, due to the amount of people and stuff on it causing the tps to be lower than 20.
Ah okay! Thank you very much for the information.

Badkuip

VIP+
Most of the time with a lot of players online it will grow a bit slower. If you can manage to get online when there is about 0-40 / 50 people then you shouldn't experience this issue.

jrd3044

AsstToTheOwner
Staff member
AsstToTheOwner
For the crops to grow the chunk needs to be loaded, which means you need to be near the farm for the crops to grow. The speed of the crops growing doesn't change much even if there is lag. Lag will really not make a huge change.

Joshualbutton

For the crops to grow the chunk needs to be loaded, which means you need to be near the farm for the crops to grow. The speed of the crops growing doesn't change much even if there is lag. Lag will really not make a huge change.
Ah Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.