Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Ios & Android Web Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

red_knife

I was wondering if we could get a web app for ios and android that lets us talk even tho where offline. I am a web developer as well as computer programmer. I wanted to know if I could create a plugin that would allow a web app to login to there mc-drugs account allowing them to see and chat using there phones.

The plugin would work by sending only player messages from console to the users. When the user talks it would show a tag next to there username saying chat-only. Using this people could continue the conversation or talk to friends telling them what to do without having to be there.

The console can do this by sending messages as the console but with a fake name associated to it. Minecraft would allow you to set up fake names by using |username to tell the console you want to send a message to a chat-only user.

Thanks just a suggestion.

red_knife

Forgot to mention that this would be a web app, meaning it acts like an app but its not really. Would also work on any other device that has a browser.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
We do not tend to hire players on the server that know how to program for many reasons. There are already many apps for android and ios that already provide this feature such as PickaxeChat(Android) or MineChat(IOS). This means that another one doesn't really need to be specially made for the server as I believe more players would like to use one app for speaking on many servers at once instead of having an individual app for one server. What you are speaking about works similar to these apps and they both require the same things. Many players throughout the server already use these and they may not want to change.

Warm regards,
i7e

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.