Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Issues with Player Shops

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00fle

Hi all,

I've enjoyed playing mc-drugs a ton in the past 7 days ive gotten from zero to grower and i'm really getting a kick out of playing on the server.

however, the player shops are unusable and dragging the potential of this server down.

issues:
1. player shops are out of the way for players to go to. why would you go to a player shop? they are too far away and checking each individual shop currently takes around 10 minutes. why cant the admins put the shops in a straight line? There should be player shops that are convenient for a user travelling from spawn to jamal, etc. horrible layout in the existing alotted space for player shops.
2. there aren't enough player shops. Before you start saying how some of them are empty, the reason for this is outlined in #1. If you move the player shops to a common location then i promise they will be sold out 24/7.
3. Tyrone owns D1, the best real estate on the server, yet has not been online this week or last week, only to renew his shop and disconnect. he does not sell any items, he does not change his shop, he simply renews it and disconnects for weeks.
4. for the reasons listed above, the player shops are too unreliable for a player of any rank to spend the time going to and reading all the signs. the player 95% of the time is ending up empty-handed even if they do put the time into finding and arriving and looking at all of the horribly placed shops, and this is only because nobody takes the player shops seriously because of people like TYRYONE'S REAL NIGGA VAPE SHOP and others who don't keep their inventory fresh because no players are going to their shop.

many of you will argue about which came first, the chicken or the egg, the shitty shops or the players not going to/renting the shops. to me, coming from intoxicated drug server back in beta 1.7 which i believe to be the most successful drug server on minecraft to date, i immediately recognized how shitty the placement of the shops are and how much of a toll it takes on the players who are missing out on positive experiences because admins see "oh not all player shops are rented, that means they have room to grow!" very incorrect the player shops that are not rented are because NOBODY EVEN KNOWS about the row in which they exist. seriously, can we at least have an ENTRANCE to each row??

at the very least please kick tyrone out of his shop he has not sold anything in his shop, or even been online ONCE in my entire time on the server and has always owned the best real estate. admins, fix pls.

z00

z00fle

your customer base requires long-term retention of successful players. sure, some players love the ranks that cost millions of dollars but for others, which i suspect you are currently losing, they seek other ways of growing with their server, and that should be 100% through player shops.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Tyrone does not "own" D1. And Tyrone can do what the fuck he wants.

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
I don't understand how Tyrone's player shop is better than any of the other one's anyway. I can only think of two things really. The first is the location. In which case it's only 5 blocks closer that the other ones And the second is the design. In which case all the corner shops are designed in that way.

z00fle

do you guys not realize the entire back row is empty right? unaccessable to anyone new to the server. and even if you know about it, forget it, too much time to go there and check the shops anyway.

BROKEN SHOPS ARE BROKEN. dont play yourself kids.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
I don't understand how Tyrone's player shop is better than any of the other one's anyway. I can only think of two things really. The first is the location. In which case it's only 5 blocks closer that the other ones And the second is the design. In which case all the corner shops are designed in that way.
The location is the main reason why he wants it removed. If it was in the back of the playershops no one would give a fuck.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
1. They're not very out of the way, they're on one of the most used drug selling paths, both to the drug house and the prison. There's really no other place in spawn to move markets to, as that would require moving/removing other important parts of spawn. I don't know where you got the 10 minute thing from, of course it's going to be a long process to check each shop, it would be the same if they were in a better area. The shops take less than 30 seconds to get to from spawn.

2. There are definitely enough spots, many markets are unrented/unused and expiring soon. When designing the markets, we did not intend for there to always be stalls open, players are supposed to scout the markets and watch/wait a market they want to rent.

3. I just checked, Tyrone is in fact selling beef in his shop. Players are free to own any shop as long as they are able to pay rent.

4. Once again, moving/redesigning the markets would not change how long it takes to "read the signs". Players will find a couple shops for the itmes they need and use those regularly. Some shops may not restock their inventory, they will lose money and eventually stop renting it.

There's obvious entrances to each row, I have no idea how you had trouble finding them. There's 3 rows of markets, with the center being the larger opening, as it is on the road.

Tyrone was on the server 5 hours ago, myself and other staff see him multiple times a week.

z00fle

The location is the main reason why he wants it removed. If it was in the back of the playershops no one would give a fuck.

AYY proved my point. NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE BACK PLAYER SHOPS, THEY NEED TO BE RELOCATED.
and dude you are really simple minded did you really only read the part i wrote about tyrone? i dont give a fuck about tyrone or the D1 shop space, i want to fix the fucking server which is broken because we have REAL NIGGA TYRONE renting a shop for weeks at a time when he is not online and hasnt sold anything since before i joined the server (?)

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Holy shit, you're arrogant. Please stop complaining. You're blatantly contradicting yourself and making no sense on many points. The markets are fine how they are, many players agree. You're the first person to make mostly all of these complaints. Insulting our staff team isn't going to get you very far. The redstone is obviously the most used path, as all new players use it when selling for the first time, and usually after that, too. Also, it's not very useful to compare our markets to those of a server that's not even online.

z00fle

1. They're not very out of the way, they're on one of the most used drug selling paths, both to the drug house and the prison. There's really no other place in spawn to move markets to, as that would require moving/removing other important parts of spawn. I don't know where you got the 10 minute thing from, of course it's going to be a long process to check each shop, it would be the same if they were in a better area. The shops take less than 30 seconds to get to from spawn.

2. There are definitely enough spots, many markets are unrented/unused and expiring soon. When designing the markets, we did not intend for there to always be stalls open, players are supposed to scout the markets and watch/wait a market they want to rent.

3. I just checked, Tyrone is in fact selling beef in his shop. Players are free to own any shop as long as they are able to pay rent.

4. Once again, moving/redesigning the markets would not change how long it takes to "read the signs". Players will find a couple shops for the itmes they need and use those regularly. Some shops may not restock their inventory, they will lose money and eventually stop renting it.

There's obvious entrances to each row, I have no idea how you had trouble finding them. There's 3 rows of markets, with the center being the larger opening, as it is on the road.

Tyrone was on the server 5 hours ago, myself and other staff see him multiple times a week.

1. they are very out of the way, you are not a player on the server so you may not understand, after a noob joins the server he follows the redstone the first time and MAYBE a second or third but nobody else on the server follows the fucking redstone.

2. please read my post, they are unused spots because they are in real estate that is very very undesirable, i mean i didnt even know the player shops had multiple rows up until yesterday! wtf i am grower.

3. i thought one of the rules was no storage? tyrone got how many double chests and he is selling 1 piece of beef at 15 bucks each is that a fucking joke talk about shop abuse.

4. dude if you moved the player shops to the perimeter of the fountain area outside of jamal's drug house it would be FUCKING PERFECT! EVERYONE WOULD READ SIGNS as they ran to sell drugs to jamal.

obvious entrances? dude some of them are diagonal entrances and none of them have signs or the large walkway in the middle shop

this is the problem with having admins who dont play the game make decisions for players like this.

z00fle

Holy shit, you're arrogant. Please stop complaining. You're blatantly contradicting yourself and making no sense on many points. The markets are fine how they are, many players agree. You're the first person to make mostly all of these complaints. Insulting our staff team isn't going to get you very far. The redstone is obviously the most used path, as all new players use it when selling for the first time, and usually after that, too. Also, it's not very useful to compare our markets to those of a server that's not even online.

obviously the most used path? do you have data to back that up? please observe as i have before making a post.

z00fle

teenager admins i have very little patience you will have to excuse my cursing etc but it is very frustrating i am bringing up a valid point which needs to be addressed and talked about within your admin group instead of just SHUT DOWN in a DICK SIZE competition on the forum.

i regret posting about tyrone because that is not the point of this thread, i wish i had left him unnamed any maybe less of you would be offended lol

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Please calm down. I've given you a counter to all your points, yet you go to insult me and my staff. If you continue this, you will be temporarily denied the use of the forums. I'm going to lock this thread, as it seems it will just escalate from here. Once again, none of these changes will be made to the markets.

Devtato

MVP
however, the player shops are unusable and dragging the potential of this server down.
How exactly are they dragging the potential oft he server down?

dude you are really simple minded
Kind of an ironic statement considering you do not even bother to try and use proper grammar.

did you really only read the part i wrote about tyrone?
He obviously read the rest of you'r shit post if he provided a counter argument to every other point you made.

NOBODY GIVES A FUCK ABOUT THE BACK PLAYER SHOPS, THEY NEED TO BE RELOCATED.
I give a fuck and relocating them would accomplish nothing.

if you have any admins that arent 13 year olds if you guys did that.
There are no admins that are 13 years old.

do you guys not realize the entire back row is empty right? unaccessable to anyone new to the server.
How is it inaccessible.
unaccessable
inaccessible
Tyrone hasn't sold anything in 2 weeks please remove his shop thanks
I just bought a steak from him.

intoxicated drug server back in beta 1.7 which i believe to be the most successful drug server on minecraft to date
Their site is not up nor is their server.

why would you go to a player shop?
Tyrone's steak feeds my family

they are too far away and checking each individual shop currently takes around 10 minutes
I just ran from /spawn to the player shops and it took me about 9 seconds. If you don't have the time to check them then don't check them.

why cant the admins put the shops in a straight line?
Do you realize that would put the "unaccessible", "empty back row" shops farther away from spawn?

There should be player shops that are convenient for a user travelling from spawn to jamal
If you are running to Jamal why in the world would you want to stop at a player shop.

i have very little patience
This didn't need to be stated.

i am bringing up a valid point
Look at the rest of my post.

needs to be addressed and talked about within your admin group instead of just SHUT DOWN in a DICK SIZE competition on the forum.
If its a dick size competition people that don't have one shouldn't be allowed to participate.

obviously the most used path? do you have data to back that up?
Do you have the data to back up the point that you made about junkies not able to walk to the back row of shops?

please observe as i have before making a post.
Look at the rest of my post.

after a noob joins the server he follows the redstone the first time and MAYBE a second or third but nobody else on the server follows the fucking redstone.
do you have data to back that up?

EVERYONE WOULD READ SIGNS as they ran to sell drugs to jamal.
I believe you meant to say "EVERYONE WOULD GET JAILED as they ran to sell drugs to jamal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online