play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Littledewey moderating chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your IGN : jordythecat
Player to be reported : Little_dewey_JR
Player being reported Rank :producer
Describe your issue in detail : Little_dewey_JR always trys to moderate the chat when he isnt helper or other staff and he has been told to stop multiple times
Why do you feel this is worth a report : Little_dewey_JR takes the staffs job away by trying to moderate the chat
Attached Evidence here :
2016-07-04_16.02.41.png

14Squared

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
I'm not understanding the problem here, you're reporting someone for try harding?
If someone else wants to help out in chat, that's a bonus for us staff, no disadvantage there

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Although he is trying to help I also see the issue myself in game... Players are not going to respond to a player trying to control issues... This is why we have so many helpers and mods etc. If it starts going too far when they are trying to handle issues it needs to be stopped... Helping is fine... Moderating chat isn't.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
+1, he is quite a nuisance when he is trying to moderate chat. When one or two helpers say something to someone, we don't need him echo'ing them at every opportunity.

Murican_panda007

As @AnemoneSpotted said, he's constantly saying in chat "person x don't use caps, Person x that's bad." This is now how players are to enforce rules. Players enforce rules by notifying staff of a rulebreaker and reporting on forums. It's staff's jobs to monitor chat and say "hey you, stop braking rule 1, last warn!" We shouldn't have to deal with these "minmodders."

"Oh, he's just trying to help!" He's not helping chat at all, he's just bothering random people and acts like staff when he clearly isn't.
"Someone said, you don't need a helper tag to be a helper!" 'Helping' as a player is to guide people through problems(i.e can't find where to buid). Helping as a Helper(Staff) is to enforce rules and keep the peace in the community. This quote is sometimes misunderstood. He wasn't talking about rule enforcement at all.

Ace42986

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Contributor III
MVP+
i know dewey is not staff (helper) but he is trying to become one from the conversations i have had with him. He is just trying to show the admin and owners that he is dedicated to the server and the rules. just saying

Murican_panda007

If he was dedicated to the server, he would be helping new players and becoming a remodel. Not becoming a 'self appointed' staff member and policing chat, and bugging people. As I stated before, his job to enforce the rules is to report rule breakers on the forums, or notifying staff members in game. What he is doing is just plain annoying. We have tons of staff to monitor chat and enforce rules. We don't need this minimodding bullshit.

Murican_panda007

Not to be rude, but I don't believe that we're talking about you, are we?

Besides that, I don't believe you do the same as him....

What you do is more like "Hey, please stop, it's getting a little annoying." Not "Stop using caps right now person x"

NoodlyApendage

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
2017 Map Founder
MVP+
I understand him wanting to become a helper, and yes the best way to do that is to help in chat although... Moderating and helping are very different. If players are acting as moderators it is more a a hindrance then helpful. it is fine if you guys are telling people where to go for stuff, but a line must be drawn when it comes to patrolling players.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Well said, Noodly. The distinction between helping and moderating is important in seeing how much of a nuisance he is being. If an admin could explain this to him, that would be great. I don't believe anyone is asking for him to be punished, just told to stop (since he won't listen until an admin tells him what he's doing is wrong).

cheecob123

VIP+
I propose a new rule should be added. Rule would state: "Any non-player mini modding to an large extent would be given a warning for the day." (Or at least something like that) I understand that the topic of this rule is pretty large to all players so I also propose the rule couldn't be stacked. For an example, as if "x" player gets a mute for mini modding after a warning, the next day it would reset to another warning and not stack.

Just an idea!
-Cheecob123

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
This will be discussed at the next meeting, however specific "rules" are certainly not necessary for this issue.
Thank you all for the concern, this will be discussed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online