Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Need more shops!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zarembo

The amount of shops available compared to the amount of actual daily players is a flippin' joke. The rules that apply to the shops is a flippin' joke. It 's bad enough that there are way too few shops for people to rent ( next map double it at least), but a good portion of the current shops violate rules ( either completely empty or all chests are out of stock). So the limited spaces are being wasted. Even a perma-banned player has a shop rented until April and is still there. WTF people, the shop system is a joke......

Add more shops! or get rid of them all together. This half ass shit won't fly.....

While your post is a bit ranty, I can see the point you're trying to make.
Personally, I think player shops are something akin to a rare commodity. Making them easier to get would diminish their value. Bargain or negotiate with an owner of a shop if you want one so badly. I'm sure SOMEONE will sell one if you offer enough money. Player shops already have some FPS drops associated with them. Adding more would also make that problem worse for them.

Not only that, there are already shops being freed up. I've counted 3 in this morning. Most of the shops are owned by players who've been online in the past 7 days, as well. Staff can't monitor everything, so you should politely inform them if you think they missed a shop that's been rotting for a while, instead of making this angry forum post. Some player shops are empty because they need to be worked on. Again, report to a staff member if you feel their inactivity becomes a problem, but have some discretion.

Player shops aren't something you NEED to have. I was anxious to get my first shop, too. It can take time at first. Save up money, or look around as much as you can to see a buy/rent opportunity.

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Shops aren't supposed to be something that everyone can have. There's a limited amount in order to actually give them value as real estate. Adding more would only bring down their value, as well as making the markets even more confusing as there would be more shops to search through for players looking to buy/sell, as well as staff moderating them.

Zarembo

If it's so confusing and such trouble to moderate, why have them in the first place? I believe in "do it right or don't do it at all". Even if you were to add 20 shops, not everyone would have one. And for the shops being valuable real estate.....they are and it's a damn shame to see 20-40% of shops being empty, or out of stock, or owned by banned players......what a waste. Doesn't seem like proper moderation there....

You also mention adding shops would bring down their value. Perhaps this would be true if you added 100+ shops and/or reduced their $5k a day rent. This rent alone makes shop owners with limited funds really try hard to make a shop work. You can tell shops run by people with more money than they know what to do with.

And to DetectiveConan, shops do become available, true, but most people can't drop school, work, sleep, in hopes that they log on at JUST the right moment and not have someone there already waiting. It's not as easy as you suggest. When it comes to reporting shops, not my job to police people. If I were to become staff, then it would be my job, but this is why I don't want to be staff.....I already have a job and I don't need another one (that doesn't pay).

This was just my 2 cents. Not meant to stir the pot but to make the owner/staff aware of a concern voiced by myself and a few others that I've seen.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
If it's so confusing and such trouble to moderate, why have them in the first place? I believe in "do it right or don't do it at all". Even if you were to add 20 shops, not everyone would have one. And for the shops being valuable real estate.....they are and it's a damn shame to see 20-40% of shops being empty, or out of stock, or owned by banned players......what a waste. Doesn't seem like proper moderation there....

You also mention adding shops would bring down their value. Perhaps this would be true if you added 100+ shops and/or reduced their $5k a day rent. This rent alone makes shop owners with limited funds really try hard to make a shop work. You can tell shops run by people with more money than they know what to do with.

And to DetectiveConan, shops do become available, true, but most people can't drop school, work, sleep, in hopes that they log on at JUST the right moment and not have someone there already waiting. It's not as easy as you suggest. When it comes to reporting shops, not my job to police people. If I were to become staff, then it would be my job, but this is why I don't want to be staff.....I already have a job and I don't need another one (that doesn't pay).

This was just my 2 cents. Not meant to stir the pot but to make the owner/staff aware of a concern voiced by myself and a few others that I've seen.
Your argument to "do it right or don't do it at all" is ridiculous. Player shops are fine how they are right now, you're one of the very, very few players to have complained about them. Making new shops would only add shops deeper behind the others, which few people would check out.

Savannahhh

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP+
The shop system has worked fine for 2 maps - and we get very very little complaints about it. It isn’t our fault that you haven’t managed to get a shop yet. There is plenty of oppotunities - when admins unrent shops, there is often bidding wars, and you could easily find a player willing to sell their shop.

Complaining about shops always being out of stock is also ridiculous - a shop sells things, people buy them, and they run out. It’s run by players, who, like you, can’t drop sleep, work, or pause their lives for minecraft. We closely monitor the shops to make sure players are constantly restocking - but things are often sold because they are popular, and they will run out.

As soon as a player is banned permanently, we unrent/auction their shop - however if it temporary, we will leave it.

Adding more shops would achieve nothing. The amount we have now is small enough people will actually go through each shop, and large enough that a decent amount of players will own shops and a variety of items will be offered.

I see no issue in the shops - the only problem here seems to be you can’t get one.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
If you aren't already aware, you can list items on the /ah to sell things easily when you can't afford a shop.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
To add to this post... I myself monitor shops daily and have unrented at least 6 shops in the past 48 hours. If a shop is not unrented then they are not breaking any rules. Moderation of the shops is not an issue. Just be there when one gets unrented for your chance to get one. Hope this helps. :) If you see an empty shop we give them 3 days to stock as they may have just gotten the shop and not had time to stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.