Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Invalid Not necessarily a report but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Berry Fusion

Hi my name on Minecraft is MustafaOzay (a Turkish guy hacked my account, and I can't change the name back yet). I have been on the server for around five or six days and in that time I've put in a pretty big chunk of time (87 hours,) however recently I built an awesome machine for farming cocoa beans after getting sick of replanting to try to make the most efficient farm I could.

I built a machine where I stand in place and hold the plant button while the machine bonemeals, breaks, and stores the cocoa beans via a hopper and mass chest storage system. My initial version of this was pretty small and had minimal storage. I used this farm for awhile with ABSOLUTELY NO ISSUES. I then made a second version with a big amount of storage using the same redstone design but in a slightly more compact way. After a few days of using this an admin (NoodlyApendage) tp'd to me and broke my machine and afterwards told me it was causing lag and that the piston/redstone block clock I was using was causing it (supposedly there is a plugin that allows him to see where the lag is coming from or where most server resources are being spent). Fair enough it was a pretty laggy/buggy clock and people in chat were complaining about lag, I just didn't consider my machine could cause an entire server to lag. So I changed it to a much simpler and less resource intensive comparator clock and continued to use it while Noodly was still online with no issues. I then used this same farm for several more days while many more admins/owners came and went without a single problem. Eventually I had farmed up a pretty decent sum of money and was ready to move onto a bigger and safer base. I invested around a million in resources to build and for my rank/mcmmo level thats quite a bit of money and took a lot of grinding. I made a pretty big obsidian base entired based around an industrial version of this machine (with the same less-resource intensive clock because I knew well the other one was not allowed). I used this for around two or three days until today Noodly logged on and tp'd to me broke my machine and spammed my base with signs saying this farm had been disabled by an admin (although I had been using it for awhile throughout the day while he was online and even asked him to check it out to see if it was ok and got ignored). No one was complaining of lag at the time and the server was running with zero problems. When I said something to Noodly in chat another player even said something along the lines of "it's not lagging, it's your computer." My machine was causing zero issues and there was no reason for it to be destroyed. (He also then later tp'd to my base randomly flew around and left which leads me to believe he was just checking if I was using it again and has no real way to determine that it is causing lag.)

I personally feel that Noodly just does not like me as when I first joined I liked to talk shit and have been muted by Noodly twice for being an asshole. Fair enough, I am an asshole, but that should in no way effect how the rules apply to me.

To be clear I have nothing against Noodly, I just feel he is being biased and there is a no way a machine as common as this could possibly be against the rules as it is a well known and wide spread design.

TL:DR:
I made a fully auto cocoa farm, Noodly broke it and told me to make it with a different clock, I did it was fine. I made a new version he destroyed it and spammed my base with signs.

Last edited:

Bindon

VIP
it is an administrators job to keep the server running smoothly, if your machine was indeed causing lag then you shouldn't build it again as it can cause issues for other players on the server.

The server only has a certain amount of resources to keep up with the amount of players that it hosts everyday, even simple designs can cause lag based on how inefficient the design really is.

Last edited:

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
We try to keep the server lag-free. If you have pistons, dispensers or other redstone resources constantly being powered then it may cause lag and display on our system.

For future reference, you should communicate with an admin before starting the farm so they can make sure the farm will be safe to use. In some cases, the farm will be disabled due to it producing lag. In that scenario, you should not reconstruct any sort of build like that and use it without approval from an admin.

If you want 100% confirmation if an auto farm is allowed or not then I would speak to Dakota.

For any other inquiries, feel free to PM me.
Thanks,
gotedit

If you are wanting to report a player/staff member then please use the correct reporting format.

Berry Fusion

it is an administrators job to keep the server running smoothly, if your machine was indeed causing lag then you shouldn't build it again as it can cause issues for other players on the server.

The server only has a certain amount of resources to keep up with the amount of players that it hosts everyday, even simple designs can cause lag based on how inefficient the design really is.
My point exactly is that it was not causing lag. I would really appreciate it if people would actually read the entirety of thread before responding.

Bindon

VIP
My point exactly is that it was not causing lag. I would really appreciate it if people would actually read the entirety of thread before responding.

Evidently, if it were not causing lag then it would not need to be disabled by an administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.