Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Particle Packs/Other things that give cops an unfair advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pizzasamuel

I feel like cops using particle packs and/or other things is unfair for the criminals. Using invis pots or other things is the only way criminals can get past the cops.

parcheesi15

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
There are plenty of other posts on the forums that explain why this is allowed, so I'll keep this short. Plenty of discussions have been made between players and the staff team and between the staff members themselves and we always come to the same conclusion. Players have plenty of other advantages over the cops. I would suggest waiting to sell when cops are not online or saving up to buy a horse.

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
If you are interested, here is a thread from back when this was first brought up.

To give a more complete answer than Parcheesi, the use of particle packs isn't as big of an advantage as it's made out to be. You can edit the particles in a texture pack to change the shape/colour, but you can't make more of them appear or change the overall size.

As far as the staff team's opinion on the use of these packs, I'll quote Dakota from the thread I linked above:
This resource pack is not similar to tracers or xray; it neither gives the person the ability to see the exact direction/angle that a player is at, or show players through wall.

This resource pack is in no way different from resource packs that change visiblity in other ways, for example, low fire resource packs, and nobody has ever complained about someone using those.

As Parcheesi suggested, you can wait until there are less cops on to sell or attempt to get a horse, however you do have other options. You can team up with other players/faction members and have one act as a lookout for the cop's location. You can also wait for a cop to go after another player and then run a route in the opposite direction. There are also 4 entrances out of spawn, the three on the ground floor and the ladder to the roof on the second floor. You can always adapt your selling route to the cop's camping spots.

If running drugs just isn't your thing, you can get money from other methods like selling to the player shops or selling from your own, then rank up to Chemist and put up mule jobs. There are plenty of players on the server who love to do mule jobs and they're very good at getting past the cops. You risk losing the drugs as always, and you have to pay a cut, but it keeps you out of jail and leaves the drug running to the players who enjoy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts