Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Police system improvements

Status
Not open for further replies.

matthiasss_

VIP+
Introduction

Hello,
I've been creating a list about some cool new features and improvements the police system could get.
Please note not every idea will be as good as the others.
There's also a possibility that I posted an idea that doesn't make sense and I didn't think trough.

Ideas

1# Removing of the /copslist command.

For me it doesn't make sense you're able to check how many cops there are online.
If a drugrunner gets the ability to check if there are cops online they won't go to run drugs.
It's already hard for cops to make money and I think that removing this command will have a great impact on the money making of cops. I would keep the message that pops up when a player is on duty so it's not to hard.

2# Making more use of the police station
I like the idea that cops are able to use brewing stands and anvils in the police station so I would keep that.
But every police should get there own little police cabinet to store some items.
I would make the room were cops sell there drugs open (There is a room behind the dude selling the drugs). AND I would add a new npc selling cheaper guns for cops, not amazing profit but like 10-15%.

3# The taser

I would like to introduce a new item: The taser.
I don't know wich item to use for this because I don't know wich items are still able to get a new texture.
This weapon will be given to a cop as a kit /kit cop with a cooldown of 1day. (This can improve with items later on ).
The player gets a taser wich has 5 charges before it breaks.
It has the ability to blind people for 3 seconds. It's a longrange impact weapon that has a distance of 6 blocks.

4# Cooldown

I like the cooldown on the stick that you have to wait a few seconds to strike again. But I would change it when you hit a player thats carrying drugs you should be able to hit instant again untill you hit one that's not carrying drugs.
With the cooldown: You hit player A with drugs, get a cooldown. Player B can run away (carrying drugs).
Without the cooldown: You hit player A with drugs, get no cooldown. You can hit player B (carrying drugs). When you hit player C (not carrying drugs) you get a cooldown.

5# Carrying guns

If a player is carrying guns a cop should be able to arrest them and get 75% of the gun value. Considering it's a roleplay you don't see evryone running around with guns in a city (Except for America).

6# Increasing jobs reward
Cops should get 25-35% more money of the jobs since they are the people who protect the city and have a hard way getting drugs. Once you reach a decent rank in the cops you won't make such big money of the jobs but you will be able to catch more runners. By adding this the new fresh cops also have a chance to slowly rank there way up.

7# Updating the /swat command

I reached SWAT and I've been playing around with the command. Here are my suggestions:
The swat armour is VERY weak against people in prison because people going to prison selling there drugs 80% of the time have good armour. I would suggest adding an NPC in the police station to upgrade ur own /swat command example I want protection 2 instead of 1 on my chestplate and I pay 50-100k for it. I want knockback 1 on my sword I pay 50-100k for it. Maybe even also the option to add guns to ur /swat command. Keep in mind when ur in prison and there's multiple dealers there they will target a cop and there's no way you have a chance. It would make being a cop also alot more fun because u can customize ur own gear.​

All these ideas are just concepts and are open for improvements.

NOTE:
- This list will be getting updates.
- Sorry if I made any spelling mistakes.

Last edited:

Tjorvi_01

MVP+
For me it doesn't make sense you're able to check how many cops there are online. If a drugrunner gets the ability to check if there are cops online they won't go to run drugs.​

I do, because I like to live dangerously :3
i-like-to-live-dangerously_b6e28243d11.png

DrunkenSniper

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Thank you for your suggestions.
Responding in order to them

1. We will discuss keeping or removing the ./listcops command in the near future
2. Regarding cop storage. We don't want cops to be able to store valuable material in a completely safe area. It is fair for players to have vaults and to have enderchest, but not for cops to have a save haven advantage. We will look into adding a gun npc
3. Tasers will be added very shortly along with kits for cop ranks

Again thank you for the suggestions

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The first suggestion was currently being implemented tomorrow (planned) already.
The second suggestion is great, and we used to do exactly what you suggest. Each cop was allocated a locker. But I agree there needs to be development on the station.
We have had / currently have(however disabled) a taser. There are some issues with the item and we plan on working on it in the future. However, we hoped that the new items for the SWAT were a good compromise for this right now :)

Again, guys! We're still looking for suggestions on cops, please let us know if you have any!

matthiasss_

VIP+
The first suggestion was currently being implemented tomorrow (planned) already.
The second suggestion is great, and we used to do exactly what you suggest. Each cop was allocated a locker. But I agree there needs to be development on the station.
We have had / currently have(however disabled) a taser. There are some issues with the item and we plan on working on it in the future. However, we hoped that the new items for the SWAT were a good compromise for this right now :)

Again, guys! We're still looking for suggestions on cops, please let us know if you have any!

I will be updating this list frequently so keep in touch :)

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
From a donator's standpoint, I can see how removing /copslist is helpful for cops. However, donors have /near, and can use this to see what cops are at spawn. Perhaps instead of removing it altogether, you could just remove it from non-donors because donors will just use /near anyways, though it will simply take them longer to do so since they will have to carefully read through every name /near brings up at spawn. This would not prevent players from seeing cops at spawn, it would just make donors waste an extra 30 seconds trying to pick out names from /near. My suggestion is to make /copslist a donor command.

matthiasss_

VIP+
From a donator's standpoint, I can see how removing /copslist is helpful for cops. However, donors have /near, and can use this to see what cops are at spawn. Perhaps instead of removing it altogether, you could just remove it from non-donors because donors will just use /near anyways, though it will simply take them longer to do so since they will have to carefully read through every name /near brings up at spawn. This would not prevent players from seeing cops at spawn, it would just make donors waste an extra 30 seconds trying to pick out names from /near. My suggestion is to make /copslist a donor command.

I get what you mean but by making it a donator command you are making the game more pay 2 win to sell drugs wich will have a negative effect on the f2p players.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Im just saying that if /copslist was to be removed, I would just do /near and sift through those names to find out the cops who are online. Getting rid of /copslist doesn't stop donors from knowing what cops are online, it just makes it much more of a hassle. Also, people who pay for ranks deserve some small advantages seeing as how it is their donations that keep the server running for everyone.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
also, the /copslist command isn't that big of an advantage seeing as how a cop could just camp out off duty and then just go on duty when they see a player going towards the drug house. This happened to me all the time last map, it is actually a great strategy for cops to trick players into thinking there are no cops online. Perhaps instead of removing the command, cops could just figure out how to use it to their advantage

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
It's a very simple fix, it isn't like it's hard for us to block /near from the spawn.
There is also a warm-up time that is certainly sufficient for a cop to not abuse being offduty to hide.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Well since this is going to absolutely break the current gameplay of drug running, drugs should sell for more at the drug house since now a large amount of inventories will be going to the cops.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
The current drug running style for most people is as follows. 1. do /copslist. 2. if there are no cops, sell. 3. if there are cops, do /near and if they are far enough away, sell.
The new drug running style will go like this. 1. go to spawn 2. go invis and sell 3. if you are not invis, you run blindly towards the drug house and pray
Currently, most intelligent players probably have a 90% success rate of selling. After the removal of /copslist, I'm guessing that percentage will drop to about 50%, if not less. There are going to be a lot of salty, pissed off players. To compensate for this, unless your goal is to cut non-cop players income by half or more, you are going to have to change some prices. This is the logic I use

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Also I am guessing that this change will bring more cop players to get online and go on duty, so drug runners will be having to get past like 5+ cops, further decreasing odds that players actually reach the drug house to sell their product

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The "Most intelligent" as you seem to propose, will pay attention to when cops go on duty. It really won't have that huge of an impact, and the current cop system / income is far too low. There are plenty of strategies that the "Most intelligent" could possibly come up with to combat more?(I wouldn't say more cops would go on duty, that really wouldn't change. As the cops that play at the time you play have and will always play at that time)cops being online. It's ridiculous to propose that this would impact the economy in such a way that we need to provide junkies more money. The spawn was designed around this in mind, there are multiple drug dealers with many different routes.

Respectfully, I think you're entirely wrong.

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
Just my input on this, with the new spawn it's really, really easy to sell drugs. With multiple places to go, there's more spots for the cops to cover. They're wearing bright blue, so they're not hard to spot. It's already hard enough for cops, removing /listcops, and /near in spawn would help them, but wouldn't make the selling success rate 50%. I predict that as the map progresses and more cops rank up, they will soon use SWAT gear and spend more time near/in the prison, leaving more chances for players to sell at the drug house.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
I am stubborn when it comes to change, which is why I disagree. However I definitely see how this is needed from a cop's perspective, because literally nobody sells when there are multiple cops online. No doubt it would have a positive impact on the cops. I guess the only way to see it's real impact is to see it in action. I am not trying to start an argument at all, so I apologize if anything was taken in a negative way. As for intelligent people noticing cops going on duty, what if you just got online while there were like 4 cops online? You would never see them go on duty, as they would already be there. Oh well. Invis pots were made for this very purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.