Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Possible Fix for Eating Lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
As many of you know, when the server is lagging (tick rate is low, usually below 14), eating takes much longer than normal. This is especially problematic in PvP.

https://github.com/NoCheatPlus/NoCh.../nocheatplus/checks/inventory/InstantEat.java

Is it possible that NCP is recognizing players as eating faster than expected and cancelling the consume event?
Could an admin try changing line 58 from
final long expectedTimeWhenEatingFinished = Math.max(data.instantEatInteract, data.lastClickTime) + 700L;

to

final long expectedTimeWhenEatingFinished = Math.max(data.instantEatInteract, data.lastClickTime) + 500L;

I don't know how time is being measured, but the 700L could be tweaked to lower numbers and tested from there and fine tuned. If this is a bad approach to fixing eating lag, I apologize as I have no experience with Java, and only minimal knowledge of C++. Nonetheless, I think I speak for everyone when I say it would be great if eating lag could be resolved soon.

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hi,

Thanks for this suggestion. However, the command you have access to is very inaccurate. The server certainly does not average "14" tps.
I can confirm that this is not an NCP error, and it may have something to do with ping-spikes among other issues.

We're constantly working to improve the server's performance.
Thanks!

Last edited:

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
Hi,

Thanks for this suggestion. However, the command you have access to is very inaccurate. The server certainly does not average "14" tps.
I can confirm that this is not an NCP error, and it may have something to do with ping-spikes among other issues.

We're constantly working to improve the server's performance.
As I alluded to in my other thread, :) We spend plenty of money on the server's hardware, and if you have an issue with how you entirely assume we spend our donations feel free to have a real chat to us, instead of talking shit behind our backs :D
Thanks!
No one is talking shit behind your back. The lack of vigor and optimism (or at least from what I've seen, call me delusional) is depressing. I have no problem saying it directly to you, so don't accuse me of petty shit like talking behind your back. I've also never mentioned, let alone SPECULATED, how anyone spends their budget. Also, I'm not sure you know what the hell you're talking about either, seeing as you called it a "command". I pulled a line directly from NCP; it's not some "command" that I "have access to", and the source code of NCP is certainly not "innacurate". The passive aggression is really unnecessary for someone who preaches about having a civil conversation on the forums. I have been nothing but direct and honest with you, and it'd be nice to see the same from others.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I was referencing the command in which you're using to judge the current "Tick Rate".

Everything else I said I stand by, and feel is accurate from what I can tell.
Thank you for the suggestion, I have no plans to change what you're suggesting.
Hope this helped, :rolleyes:

Spalw.

AnemoneSpotted

VIP
I was referencing the command in which you're using to judge the current "Tick Rate".

Everything else I said I stand by, and feel is accurate from what I can tell.
Thank you for the suggestion, I have no plans to change what you're suggesting.
Hope this helped, :rolleyes:

Spalw.
I wasn't going exclusively off of /tps. I was going off of the fact that at times, it takes almost 8 seconds to eat a piece of steak, and MCMMO skill timers (cooldowns, active durations, etc.) are extremely slowed down. Also, spikes in /tps do coincide with tick rate drops. I'm not saying it's a consistent and accurate measure of the server's true tick rate, but every time I notice I'm getting a lot of "ghost blocks" (or desync, not really sure what the term is for I mine blocks and they are broken client side, but still existent server side), or I notice that eating takes slightly longer, surely enough, /tps shows an abnormally low tick rate. I'd really like to have a mature conversation, but I can tell by the :rolleyes: that it's not as easy as I'd hoped.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online