Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

[Pro Tip] Modify your Resource Pack to show when crops are grown

kuuy123

MVP+
Hey guys,

I'm mildly intoxicated and thought it would be a dandy idea to post a Pro Tip thread about what I did to make my life easier. This is what my Nether Wart farm looks like:
c56Ztbp.png

As you can see, something is a bit different? Can you tell what it is? No? I'll tell you. The grown Nether Wart is blue. That's because I took the default Nether Wart texture and tinted it to blue in my Resource Pack.

It's pretty easy to do:
  • Take your mc-drugs Resource Pack folder and unzip it to a folder
  • Go to the /assets/minecraft/textures/blocks/ folder and put the following image in:
  • TKakgNM.png
  • Zip the folder back up and select that Resource Pack
There you go! You're done.

edit: Save the small, blue Nether Wart image by right clicking and pressing "Save Image As"

matt9522

MVP+
Did you just drop the picture in the name "TKakgNM.png"? I dropped it in the directory you specified and zipped the pack back up and my resource pack still doesn't recognize it.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Did you just drop the picture in the name "TKakgNM.png"? I dropped it in the directory you specified and zipped the pack back up and my resource pack still doesn't recognize it.
You have to change the name to: nether_wart_stage_2

Here is mine:
nether_wart_stage_2.png

Last edited:

Sarge4ID

this is brilliant man. what if the official resource pack could do something like this with some of the crops that are hard to tell if they are ready to be harvested yet? Maybe they could turn a darker or brighter shade of their current color.

Zhihu

2017 Map Founder
Contributor
MVP+
Did this with Carrots, Wheat and Nether wart, looks pretty good.
2017-06-03_00.13.07.png
2017-06-03_00.13.31.png
2017-06-03_00.13.39.png

Latest posts

Members online