play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Public Player Shops

Should this be added?

• Yes.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • No.

Votes: 6 85.7%
  • Yes, but only if a few tweaks are added.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyco7

Its against the rules to make public chest shops (I think) And I want that to change... But with a few twist's.

If this is implemented into the game, here's what should happen. Chests should be RENTED instead of placed. You can sell anything including drugs at your own price! Every real life day, depending on how many you rented ( 2000 a real life day per chest ) you will be charged. So it will prevent new players from selling wheat for overpriced to save chests for more experienced players. So basically its risk reward. You can make or lose money. Also make sure you can cancel the payments any time. Another thing i THINK would be cool is faction chest's. Lets say someone is selling a diamond for 2000 and there is 4 members. when a diamond is bought, each member of the faction will be given 500 dollars.

Problems:
Lack of space for chests, a new place would have to be added.
Who should be able to set shops. (Leader? Member or above? Some random guy in no faction?)

AtomicBomb

MVP+
While it's a good idea and it would be cool to implement, it's blocked for multiple reasons that we won't go in to. Again, it would be cool to see, but it just won't happen.

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
With the limited number of player shops I understand your idea. However, the concept you're speaking about is very complicated compared to already existing options. Why would someone rent out a chest in a public shop at a cost, when they could simply place an item in the auction house or private sale with /trade and get 100% of the profit? Also regarding drugs being sold in these chests, it makes very little sense to have a public player shop sell drugs when someone could just walk out the door and have a cop frisk them away. The current player shop rules already forbid selling drugs, the rules would apply to a public player shop as well. If you want to sell your drugs you can sell them to the drug selling npcs.

Furthermore, the faction chest idea sounds good in theory, but a faction can have up to 30 players. Unless you're selling very expensive items the profit per member would be negligible, and the items that sell for the most are probably crate items, which only take one person to acquire. For example, if I got a jackhammer from the crate I certainly wouldn't sell it and split the cost between my faction members. You'll probably run into more situations of faction members freeloading off the faction chests without contributing. If your faction only has a few members it's much easier to just split the profit manually.

Currently shops only have a max rent time of 1 week, and inactive shops are automatically put up for sale very often. If you are interested in having a faction shop you should keep an eye on shops that are about to expire and grab one when you can. The shop owner can add other players to their shop.

Pyco7

[QUOTE="

Currently shops only have a max rent time of 1 week, and inactive shops are automatically put up for sale very often. If you are interested in having a faction shop you should keep an eye on shops that are about to expire and grab one when you can. The shop owner can add other players to their shop.[/QUOTE]

Wait, there is already shops IN the server? How come i haven't seen them?

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
Yes, the player shops are in /spawn. Go north out of the spawn building and to the right. If you need to find anything else in spawn type /map in game and follow the link.
A common practice is for a faction member to rent out one of those player shops and then give access to a few other members. The members can add people to their shop with /as addfriend [name]. Once added the players can set up chest shops to sell items (instructions on the billboard above the player shops in the front).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.