Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Question for Admins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NerkVerse

Just a quick question for the admins. As this aint stated in the rules is saying Whalecum when someone joins Mutable/Bannable? not sure what the problem is with saying this that triggers some Mods/Helpers? Im pretty sure if people can throw the word nigga around without getting warnings even some mods ive seen and helpers use "nigga" im pretty sure saying something as harmless as whalecum shouldnt be that bad?

unspokenAdvocate

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
Depending on whether you have been warned recently, it usually warrants a warning or mute. (Like I said, depending on player history.) It's highly frowned upon, as it starts a players experience off poorly.

NerkVerse

But saying "Nigga" doesnt put a player off? cus the day i joined the server first thing i seen was a Mod saying Nigga. Whalecum isnt offinsive 1 slight bit. Sure if its in the rules that saying Whalecum isnt aloud im down for it. But i feel like that the word Nigga should be focused on more.

unspokenAdvocate

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
In the rules, they say as long as that word isn't used in a racist kind of way, it's allowed. People get into arguments over it frequently, and I don't quite like the word myself but that's just how it is, my guy. Excessive use is obviously not allowed, but using it casually isn't against the rules.

NerkVerse

Just makes no logical sense to me. Mods and Helpers get butt hurt over the word whalecum but yet saying Nigga is perfectly fine.

Fervent

I don't quite understand the logic behind this. I've seen the n word used negatively but nothing gets done for it, but someone who welcomes a user with "whalecum" warrants a warning? "Whalecum" is not offensive and it always meant to be a funny way of saying welcome.

Meanwhile the n word has so much negative connotation behind it and yet people are allowed to spam that without any problems?

I honestly want to understand the reason and logic behind why "whalecum" is not allowed, while other degrading terms are allowed.
And saying "because it's the rules" does not explain why, especially seeing as it's not listed anywhere in the rules itself.

Last edited:

NerkVerse

No i understand that and im not blaming you or the other Helpers what so ever. And im pretty sure you would agree if you would to walk out and say Nigga you'd most likely get knocked the fuck out. No matter how the word is used it is racist tbh.

ThorpePark

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP
It depends on your record of racism, abuse and how much of a disruption you're. If you made a racist comment or used 'nigga' to offend people or purposely be a dick then commands will be informed. If you said 'Tom my nigger' then I'm pretty sure there won't be punishment. Whalecum is usually spammed when people join, it doesn't give a good impression on new players. Personally I inform the rules and make sure people aren't racist. I would honestly agree that being racist is worse than saying whalecum!

Last edited:

NerkVerse

Thats makes no damn since what so ever. Mods/Helpers welcome a new user all the time whats the difference in saying whalecum? and if thats correct about the whole nigga. How comes a few days ago someone was calling me "Nigger" at the time 2 mods was on and i believe you was one of the mods ( i could be wrong ) the person didnt get a warning or muted? but instead i got a warning for saying stop being a monkey after the guy was calling me nigger and so on?

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
People saying "whalecum" makes them, and the server, look autistic, and it's fucking annoying. We don't want people getting spammed by that shit when they first join. The whole people saying nigga/nigger thing is completely different. It's a drug server, we're not going to mute for people using a "racist" word. If it hurts your feelings and you need a safe space because someone said nigger, you've got bigger problems.

ThorpePark

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP
Thats makes no damn since what so ever. Mods/Helpers welcome a new user all the time whats the difference in saying whalecum? and if thats correct about the whole nigga. How comes a few days ago someone was calling me "Nigger" at the time 2 mods was on and i believe you was one of the mods ( i could be wrong ) the person didnt get a warning or muted? but instead i got a warning for saying stop being a monkey after the guy was calling me nigger and so on?
If you're really upset and feel it is wrongly justified then please make a report with proof! I may of been on? But I just came back yesterday from a week holiday last night so I highly doubt it was me.

NerkVerse

Kinda fucked up really but whatever you say i guess. But thanks for letting know i can now use the word Nigaa/Nigger.

Fervent

I have not seen someone used "nigga" in that way before. It's usually extremely negative but you guys defend it as "it wasn't racist". It might not be to YOU but it is to others though?

Not to mention, you even allow people to call each other faggots/fags, and that's completely fine? But saying "whalecum" is somehow the most offensive word. If someone welcome me with "whalecum", I would laugh and be like "damn this server is chill af". But sadly, when I joined all I saw was "nigga" and "fags" and that made me not want to talk in chat at all. And it's starting to really put me off of the server more than ever.

NerkVerse

If you're really upset and feel it is wrongly justified then please make a report with proof! I may of been on? But I just came back yesterday from a week holiday last night so I highly doubt it was me.
Like i said im not sure if it was you or not. this was about sometime last month?

Fervent

Ah, I see. You allow people to bully others in your server, but when people try to have fun and be funny is somehow autistic.

This is a fun server and I enjoyed the things I could do on it, but I realized if there's a problem, it's best to ignore and not say anything since none of the concerns are taken seriously. I understand why the chat is so toxic now.

Thanks for the reply!

NerkVerse

I may of been AFK dude.
Yeah maybe but like i said i aint got problems with it or anything it was just a question thats all. But after what Dakotaa said makes me wish that i had never donated to this server. A server that lets bullying happen shouldnt be running in my eyes. Sadly thats the only downside about the server is the bullying thats allowed on this server. Aint got no problems with Helpers/Mods as they only follow whatever the Admins/Owners say

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
upload_2017-7-16_20-37-34.png

However, this topic does come under the 4th rule...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.