Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Racism

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackbleu

This is a very touchy subject and i'm very aware of this. I don't see no racism in the rules and I believe that is why some players think it is okay for racist things to be said on the server. Anyone in the world can join the server regardless of their race and I think we should have a positive environment.

I've on been on this server for a short period of time, its very lovely and I don't know if this has been an issue before. Today I experienced something I haven't before, it was mind blowing seeing 2 people act like this. There was racist comments against people of colour, Asian, and the Jewish religion. They were very inappropriate and if any staff would like screenshots of some of the comments that were said to msg me.

Thank you & my apologizes if this is the wrong place for this type of discussion. (i'm new:))

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
Racism is in the rules. Even though it doesn't say that it is not allowed specifically, there are other rules that can suggest that it is not allowed.
In the screenshot below, I have highlighted some of the rules that can relate to racism.
upload_2017-3-3_18-1-3.png
On our server, people do break rules. Our staff team tries our best to diffuse situations like this. However, we do not have staff on to deal with these situations all the time. People who do break rules will face the consequences by either getting muted or being banned.

Last edited:
S

SquareAngle

Mack, you have to realise that sometimes, /ignore is the way to go.

We live in a society where if someone feels any type of discomfort, that we should cry and cry and expect it to be resolved quickly. Safe spaces and all that shit.

I was there when it was all going down, and only 1 person was remotely racist, but I'm guessing he was being ironic.

By "racist terms" I am guessing you are referring to the "N word". Well sorry to burst your bubble, but the N word isn't racist. It's how you use it. For example: saying someone is white doesn't make you racist, it's saying what the person is. Saying the person is (insert insult) because he is white, is racist.

You've gotten them mixed up. The N word is referring to the colour of the persons skin - where's the racist connotations in that?

I would like to clarify. Being racist is wrong. But no one was racist apart from that 1 individual.

I remember quite clearly, your values was that "only black people are allowed to say the n word" which sorry to say, is a pretty ignorant thing to say. That's like me saying because I'm a male, that "males are cunts and should die!" But I'm guessing, cos I'm a male, it's all fine right????

As for your crys about how "people were racist towards blacks, Asians, and Jewish people (??? Tf? Since when did a religion become.... sigh). You clearly got mixed up. You were twisting words around so that you yourself, could see it as remotely racist, whereas it wasn't, just you being sensitive. If you had paid attention, I had said this: "N word, white chocolate, and yellow people" in one sentence. My point is that we could all offend each other, but it's how we respond to it that matters. I commented on all these different diversities, as shown, it is easy to insult all. As already stated, it's how you respond to it, which clearly, is shown from this thread.

Now, the icing on the cake is how in this thread, you not once seem to bring up people whom are white. Yes, in your whole cluster of how the world has "done you wrong, oh woe!" You do not once seem to bring up "white chocolate" as something being racist. Whys that? Because in your ignorant mind, you seem to think that only people "of colour - black and white ain't a colour, but, if you insist, that would mean that white is also a colour - can be racist, which has to be to me, the most mind boggling thing about it all. Ironic, as to some, that can be seen as discriminatory. Hm. Caught you out on that one, haven't I?

Just felt like giving my point of view.

I'll just leave this here:

Last edited by a moderator:

mackbleu

How can you say this when you were the one saying these comments? I've had both of you on /ignore since this. I'm not ignorant and have a very open mind but not to people like you.
I do not care about this anymore nor do I want it to continue. If you have anything else to say privately message me.

Edit by admin: Merged posts together.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.