Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Invalid Report - Helpers Neon/Herby

xXRlineXx

MVP
Your IGN : xXRlineXx
Player to be reported : Herby/Neon
Player being reported Rank : Helpers
Describe your issue in detail :

I first approached herby asking for help wit a raid, I haven't used wither before in the game and I had a few questions on how it worked. I said I might need help with the raid but I told him that I was going to try it first with my faction. As soon as I said the faction name he was very quick to ask questions like: What kind of building it was or where it was or something like that. I didn't think anything of the identifying information as at the time as I was under the impression I was speaking to a staff member about raiding advise and I even specifically asked him multiple times not to say anything to anyone. I didn't think anything more of it, he didn't say he was telling anyone or even reply at all and I didn't ask any further questions. I spent hours getting to the building and stacks of TNT to clear land to get to it and used the only wither heads I had to spawn a wither. After a few more hours of destroying thing with the wither a faction member goes to the base and starts taking everything. Later found out he told them right away even though I was asking a STAFF member for help in game and asked multiple times to not disclose the conversation. They also waited until I had wasted all my TNT and heads and spent all that time and money getting there. (I forgot to mention the first question he asked was "is it claimed" I guess to try and see who was being raided so he could inform them)

Why do you feel this is worth a report :

It's idiotic that he has a staff badge but has the ability to abuse my trust to him as a staff member. The ONLY reason I answered his questions pertaining to the raid or information on the base itself was because he was a staff member and I was under the impression that the information given wouldn't be abused especially after my explicit request not to share the information. When I asked him why he gave that information out he claimed that I wasn't approaching him as a staff member. As if he doesn't have a big blue "H" for helper in his name. He also said he had a "contract" with the other faction, as if that surpasses his duties as a member of staff. Also, how am I supposed to know what factions are allied with this staff member? Why should his obligations to allied factions come before a member of staff. I obviously wouldn't have told him if I know he was allied or if I knew that I wasn't actually talking to a member of staff but rather a player. He abused my trust for the MCDrug staff and he abused his title as helper.

Attached Evidence here :

I don't have screenshots as I wasn't under the impression that staff would tell a random player information about questions that were asked. He also didn't inform me he was telling anyone so I had no reason to. However I'm sure you guys keep text logs.

Helper Guidline Snips -
--
As a Helper you are required to answer questions, and kick and mute players appropriately
--
Answering questions is a main task that Helpers are required to partake in.
--
Do not let your friends control your actions as a helper (Allied Faction?). Being biased will get you demoted, as you are supposed to be fair to all players in how you use your power as a helper. You are to handle your friends the same way that you would handle someone you do not know.
--

--
I would appreciate comments from @Dakotaa and @GotEdit on this. There defiantly needs to be a definitive line between STAFF and PLAYER interactions.

Last edited:

Neon_Ender

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP+
Your first flaw in this report is that Harbey did not say a word to me about the raid. The building which you were raiding was my PERSONAL vault and I happened to log on as you were raiding it. It was quite obvious due to the Wither health bar on the top of the screen. I own the vault so therefore I am allowed to take my own belongings and move them to a different location so they cannot be raided, regardless of my Helper privileges; it's quite simple.
Second, Harbey and I, are not required to play the game any differently than the other players. I did not have to just let you raid my vault. The only reason Harbey was there was because I knew you were going to make it in, and I figured it would be good to have one of the best PVPers on the server there to help. Furthermore, Helpers are appointed to answer questions and moderate chat for the most part. Helpers are also not considered to be staff members.
Although I was not online at the time, the way you describe it makes it seem as if Harbey handled his job exactly as it is intended to be handled. He helped you understand how Withers work and sent you on your way. There is absolutely no cause for action here. It is a simple instance of raid and counter-raid. Accept your defeat and move on.

Last edited:

xXRlineXx

MVP
Your first flaw in this report is that Harbey did not say a word to me about the raid. The building which you were raiding was my PERSONAL vault and I happened to log on as you were raiding it. It was quite obvious due to the Wither health bar on the top of the screen. I own the vault so therefore I am allowed to take my own belongings and move them to a different location so they cannot be raided, regardless of my Helper privileges; it's quite simple.
Second, Harbey and I, are not required to play the game any differently than the other players. I did not have to just let you raid my vault. The only reason Harbey was there was because I knew you were going to make it in, and I figured it would be good to have one of the best PVPers on the server there to help. Furthermore, Helpers are appointed to answer questions and moderate chat for the most part. Helpers are also not considered to be staff members.
Although I was not online at the time, the way you describe it makes it seem as if Harbey handled his job exactly as it is intended to be handled. He helped you understand how Withers work and sent you on your way. There is absolutely no cause for action here. It is a simple instance of raid and counter-raid. Accept your defeat and move on.

He already admitted to notifying you because he "had a contract" with your faction. But as you point out you're not a member of staff I don't really think your opinion is really relevant here. He also gave me zero relevant information. Only asked details about the base/raid. He didn't give me any sort of "help" on withers.

Furthermore, I'm not sure if you've read your own Guidelines but it specifically says " Do not let your emotions affect and control how you react, and how you staff." By that we can conclude that you are a member of staff.

Last edited:

Neon_Ender

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP+
He already admitted to notifying you because he "had a contract" with your faction. But as you point out you're not a member of staff I don't really think your opinion is really relevant here. He also gave me zero relevant information. Only asked details about the base/raid. He didn't give me any sort of "help" on withers.
He notified another member of my faction who had no idea where the vault was and had no way of contacting me without being on the server. That "contract" is called being Allies, this too, is quite simple. I feel as if I have been very clear as to why your argument is invalid. Have the Admins check the chat logs to confirm that I was not informed of any raid. You were raiding my personal vault and I defended it and you got triggered like a little girl. Sorry, move on.

xXRlineXx

MVP
you got triggered like a little girl. Sorry, move on.

Acting professional

• Do not let your emotions affect and control how you react, and how you staff.

• If a player is giving you a attitude or being disrespectful, keep your cool and punish them appropriately.

• If a player is trolling/intentionally being annoying, do not give them the reaction they are trying to get.

• Try to defuse the situation efficiently and professionally.

Neon_Ender

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
VIP+
"By that we can concluded that you are a member of staff." What? lmao
Go ahead and edit your post again and make that make sense. But I am dropping the conversation here in order to stand by for higher staff. You are enticing an argument of which I do not wish to be a part of. I'll let the Admins handle your idiocy.

Last edited:

Joshlyxox

This will be investigated further, I'll make sure to get Admins to read the logs, please be patient. Thank you for the report.

Regards,

Joshly

PS: Before I ask a higher staff member to check the logs can you tell me what time this happened (estimate is fine) also can you give me full IGNs. Thank you.

Last edited:

NoodlyApendage

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
2017 Map Founder
MVP+
Dear xXRlineXx,

I would like to point out that Helpers are not staff and therefore are not bound to the no scamming staff rule,
this is why helpers don't get advanced tp commands and have the same ability other than mute and kick. At this point from what I can tell Herb has not broken any rules and is completely in the right to have done what he did.
There defiantly needs to be a definitive line between STAFF and PLAYER interactions.
Helpers are not staff.

Noodles/PinkCunt

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
If you came to him as a "Helper" and were needing help this will be dealt with. We can have the higher ups pull the logs etc to check... Please be patient while we figure this out. Thanks.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Im pretty sure this is in black in white, written right in his post. He asked me for help with a raid, which is asking for my help not as a helper (because it was not a server-related question in any way) but as a player on the server with raiding experience. I asked if it was claimed because I was going to help him raid it, which is the help I assumed he was asking for. The helper guidelines state that [answering questions] "shows to Admins that you know the server rules, know a bit about the server and it’s plugins and know how to cope with players." By this statement, one could conclude that the questions that a player, as a helper, is to answer are ones regarding server plugins and server rules. In my eyes, if he was truly asking for help to me as a helper, he would have insisted that he simply wanted to know how withers work, and would not have given me the faction name (which I asked for, but didn't need to give if he just wanted information, not raiding assistance). Because he gave the faction name, I presume that he meant to include me in the raid, which voids my helper position entirely. All of this, along with the fact that the player he raided was not the one to receive my warning (rendering the warning that I did give to be useless, abuse or not), lead me to believe that he does not have the grounds here to have a valid abuse case.

I am sorry about your confusion here, xXRlineXx, and I can understand your frustration.

-Herby

*edit
I should add a few things here.
*You asked me no specific question about withers
*If you did have a question that you wanted answered by staff, you could have asked in main chat rather than messaging me and giving out the name of the faction.
*I did not message neon, but a member of his faction (who was the only person online in the faction at the time) the message said something like "Hey I think someone is raiding one of your faction claims" which is about as generic of a warning as could be. I received no response from the player I messaged (I can't remember who it was), and that was the entirety of my warning. When neon logged on, he asked me to help defend his vault. That's it.

Last edited:

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
Thank you Harbey for responding. Until we have got the logs from a higher up, we aren't going to assume anything. So until then, please be patient until we can get them logs.

Thanks,
Edit.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
Its been over a week since this report was filed.
@xXRlineXx - Top staff have been fairly busy throughout the past week. I will try and get one to take a look at this ASAP (Probably within the next 3 days). Sorry for the long wait.

Thanks,
Edit.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
I'm already demoted, rline

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Hello, apologies for the delay on this report in it's entirety - we have all been extremely busy.

There has been a reassesment of Harbey's helper position, we intend to discuss this in the upcoming staff meeting however it is completely unrelated to this report / situation.

I hope this helps, thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.