Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Revamping the Cop system

Do you think the cop system should be re-designed?

• Yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joe Biden

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
The current cop system has been in place for... I don't even know how long. What I do know is that it is a really important part of the server. However, I've noticed that the cops lately haven't been very active, and people are resigning within only weeks of becoming cop. Adding cop ranks is a great idea, but I feel like even with a few prestiges, cops will never feel as fulfilled on the server as druggies.

I propose; bear with me on this; that the cop system is completely reworked into a new system. Here is my idea:
*All players will be able to do /duty
*Cop ranks remain, but they are not chat tags. Instead, your cop rank is only displayed when you go on duty. For example, it could say "[Recruit]Hrb is on duty"
*Cop ranks are determined by the total # of items frisked, not by the money gained from frisking. This would prevent players from using drug money to rank up. Also, cop Ranks gradually require more frisked items to rank up for each rank, similar to how mcmmo is ranked up
*Only your druggie prefix is displayed in chat, but your cop prefix can be seen if you hover over the player's name.
*Obviously giving everyone the ability to go on duty creates an OP system, because players who can do /duty can now have farms. To combat this, the value at which cops sell at should be reduced to 50% of the normal selling price. This will prevent players from using a buddy system to sell their friend's crops after frisking them, due to the amount they would get from running the drugs themselves being far higher.
*Players can only go on duty at spawn (like how it is now)

This is a very broad idea, and requires more thought to fully implement, but I'd love to see some form of a revamped cop system put into place. I think that this idea could work. Feel free to comment any ideas you might have

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
There are definitely changes to be made, we have never been completely satisfied with the way our cop system works and are always looking for player input to improve it. Even if these aren't the changes we need, the ideas and feedback is greatly appreciated and I urge all players to share their ideas no matter how daft they may seem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.