The current plinth system is fucked, I am going on strike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
A plinth, for those of you who do not know, is an NPC statue of a player at spawn. The new setup at spawn for plinths is fucking dope, but the system for attaining a plinth is completely fucked up. A plinth is basically the highest form of honor towards a player in my opinion, and should require a great deal of work to attain. Only people who are honorable get statues in real life. You do not see statues of people in public parks of a random guy who won the lottery. You see statues of people who worked hard and did something impressive in their lifetime. Sadly, the same logic does NOT apply to the current plinth system. I do not know ace's opinion on this, so I cannot speak for ace when I say this. However, as a high level rank myself and seeing ace about to hit the top rank & get his guaranteed plinth, I have to question why on earth this plinth system was put together the way it was?! Why should someone who has just prestiged for the first time be given the same reward as someone who has prestiged 4 times, gone through the master prestige (which alone costs the same as 5 prestiges) and attained the status of drug lord? The answer is that they simply should not! I am not going farm or try to make money at all until this is fixed in protest of this [*Edit* Okay so I am still going to farm because I only have until July 11th to get to max rank(and I am a chronic farming addict), but you still should fix this for other players!!!]. It is simply unfair to those who put an incredible amount of time into earning a plinth the way it truly should be earned. On another note, if this was done because the top rank is an unrealistic goal for players, perhaps give a guaranteed plinth to players the moment they enter master prestige! With the new addition of the 4th prestige, entrance to MP is roughly the equivalent of the Scarface of last map. I am not saying this because I am MP, and if this is put into place I will happily wait to get to final rank for my plinth, as long as the system is fairly made so that Plinths are earned at the MP rank for everyone else. Also, before you say "Well this isn't last map, is it," I will let you know that it is in fact not the same map as the last, but that does not mean that last map was a bad example to follow. I thought ScarFace was a great point to get a guaranteed plinth! And I never even got to scarface! I got my plinth at second prestige, and I would agree that it was complete bullshit that I got a plinth so early! I felt guilty myself looking at plinth-less people a full prestige ahead of me who were farming toward the scarface rank to finally get their well-deserved plinth! Please, please, please fix this. I know you must have discussed it previously to implementing it, but it is unfair, and should be re-assessed. As for those who already have plinths; let them keep theirs, so long as no more people get plinths before they have earned theirs. Thank you.
-Harbey

Last edited:

jrd3044

AsstToTheOwner
Staff member
AsstToTheOwner
Hello Harbey,

This topic will be discussed during the meeting this weekend. @Spalw might reply later today.

Thanks,
jrd

Update
  • Drug lord status guarantees a plinth

Last edited:

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
The system is very simple, we wanted to incentivise the prestige ranks. We wanted people to actually do them.
We decided that it was a good idea for the prestige crate to contain a rare item which would win a very good reward - but we also wanted to guarantee it to players are a certain point to eliminate the random element.

You are guaranteed a plinth at Drug Lord Status, we have no plans to change this system as we feel it works well.
This is a bit premature in my opinion, as no one has found out exactly what the rewards for obtaining Drug Lord Status actually are yet.

However, I hope this helps explain things - we aren't going to change it :)
Thanks,
Spalw.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Thanks for explaining it. Perhaps I will agree with it more so once I see what the drug lord status brings.
Thanks for considering this!
-Harb

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
I take this all back! Drug Lord plinth is 10x cooler than a regular plinth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online