play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

The State of MCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
As some people know, MCD is not a money grab at this point, and most of the good players either have quit or are thinking about quitting. The server has been forced to become a constant manual grind where factions are virtually nonexistent, and pvp is rare unless forced. People who have played for over a month eventually get bored of the game because it's a repetitive grind. This was where autofarms became appealing to players. Autofarms allowed people to put in work upfront, and sit on a slowly working money-maker. Because Dakotaa / Spalw decided to prohibit these farms due to the lag issues caused, some players are thinking about quitting due to not wanting to sit through a repetitive grind for 100 hours.

Our suggestions:

Bring back autofarms: Players would rather have the tps be down to 16 than be not allowed to make autofarms.

Add incentives to pvp with factions: TrumpCS has already suggested this, but it was turned down. However, I believe that this would be a great way to add to the livelihood of the server. Adding pvp results in more action, and leads to more people wanting to come back to get that action. Putting up king of the hills at different parts of the server in warp wild would be a great feature.

Bring back 1.7 cannoning and 1.8 pvp. Add extra faction power for players to allow for bigger bases and more claims, make TNT a less valuable resource by making creeper spawners easier to get: It is obvious for most players to see that 1.9 cannoning is broken and 1.8 pvp is the only competitive format of pvp. This would attract a lot more experienced factions players than are currently playing the server. Extra F power would allow more walls on bases if 1.9 cannoning is implemented. TNT being less rare would allow the large 1.7 cannons to function.

Last edited:

Paxsation124

MVP+
I would have to agree. Adding better cannoning and fixing broken plugins would bring back players and improve MCDrugs in the long run. Certain things like not being able to see your boosters or not getting to find out who x-rayed your base is pushing people away from the server. From what I can see most top factions are going inactive and MCDrugs is losing its appeal to most.

Last edited:

olicon

Mod
Staff member
Contributor
MVP+
2023 Gold Founder
I do have to agree that I would definitely prefer 1.8 PvP, but it is just as I say: a preference. I think that 1.9 PvP is just as competitive as 1.8, but uses mechanics that require more precision. I believe both are good in their own aspects.

As for the decision to remove the farms, I think that was definitely with good intention in that the high staff just want to provide a smooth experience for all players. These massive scaled automatic farms heavily hindered the aspect of everything else in the server, which is why the rules behind them were enforced.

I can say with confidence - speaking on the behalf of the ex-leader of the faction - that X2F has died for the most part because the leader did not enjoy some of the "buggy" gameplay that @Paxsation124 refers to. I am just repeating his words and they do not reflect my opinion.

I do not have an opinion on 1.7 cannoning.

Finally, my opinion on 1.8 PvP is that I think only a few people are really good at 1.9 PvP which makes it incredibly one sided - this is why factions like Kings of the North prosper; because they have amazing PvPers that are good at the learning curve. If the server DID switch over to 1.8 PvP, I believe a lot more players would be "good" at it and it therefore might influence combat a lot more which also influences Factions.

p0six

MVP+
I do have to agree that I would definitely prefer 1.8 PvP, but it is just as I say: a preference. I think that 1.9 PvP is just as competitive as 1.8, but uses mechanics that require more precision. I believe both are good in their own aspects.

As for the decision to remove the farms, I think that was definitely with good intention in that the high staff just want to provide a smooth experience for all players. These massive scaled automatic farms heavily hindered the aspect of everything else in the server, which is why the rules behind them were enforced.

I can say with confidence - speaking on the behalf of the ex-leader of the faction - that X2F has died for the most part because the leader did not enjoy some of the "buggy" gameplay that @Paxsation124 refers to. I am just repeating his words and they do not reflect my opinion.

I do not have an opinion on 1.7 cannoning.

Finally, my opinion on 1.8 PvP is that I think only a few people are really good at 1.9 PvP which makes it incredibly one sided - this is why factions like Kings of the North prosper; because they have amazing PvPers that are good at the learning curve. If the server DID switch over to 1.8 PvP, I believe a lot more players would be "good" at it and it therefore might influence combat a lot more which also influences Factions.
Most competitive factions server players are much more adept to 1.8 pvp, which is why having it would be good to attract more players.

1.7 cannoning allows for all the complicated sand stacking cannons, which is why it is objectively better for competitive factions.

Like I said in my main post, most players would rather have a 4 tps drop than the inability to use auto farms.

PS: I don't think I've heard of these amazing pvpers in kings you're talking about with the exception of Ziexd

Last edited:

ImHog

MVP+
I agree, I have been playing this server for 3 years and this is one of the reasons I am actually thinking of going to a different server. Please bring back the server that we had 1/2 years ago...

unspokenAdvocate

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
They literally said as long as your farm doesn't cause lag, you can use auto farms. How about give their lag solution some time before you try to change a bunch of stuff

p0six

MVP+
They literally said as long as your farm doesn't cause lag, you can use auto farms. How about give their lag solution some time before you try to change a bunch of stuff
There is no method of shroom / pumpkin auto harvest which doesn't involve "causing lag". Shrooms and pumps might as well not be drugs after this update. Dakota has said that pumpkin farms which only harvest when pumpkins grow are also not allowed, according to TrumpCS

Releasing lots of water is the only way to collect shrooms unless excessive amounts of hoppers (millions of dollars worth) are used. Even using those hoppers, there's no mechanism to harvest the mushrooms. As for pumpkins, if reaction-based harvest and timing-based harvest isn't allowed, there's no mehanism to auto harvest them. Cactus is dogshit due to the extremely low prices. 50 dubs of lime dye = 8 dubs of bread.

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I'll try my best to explain why many of the statements in this thread are untrue, and how many of the suggestions contradict themselves.

MCD is virtually a money grab at this point
I don't know where that's coming from, and I strongly disagree, but that's a topic for a whole other thread.

most of the good players either have quit or are thinking about quitting
I don't know about this, either. Maybe by "good players" you mean your friends that you think are good. Many of the actual good players, the people who have the most experience on the server, and don't just call themselves good because they use pro pvp resource packs, are still playing.

The server has been forced to become a constant manual grind
No, it hasn't. Automatic farms are allowed. We banned two types, there's hundreds more you could make. And the drugs that are harder to automate have a much higher price, so you either automate for little money, or do some work for more money.

where factions are virtually nonexistent, and pvp is rare unless forced.
Once again, this statement is subjective. All the factions and people pvp that you talk to may be gone, but there's still hundreds of active players on the server.

People who have played for over a month eventually get bored of the game because it's a repetitive grind
This is expected. Players who rushed to Druglord are going to get tired of the game, they essentially completed it. Drug servers are a grind, that's the nature of them. If you have ADD, please go join a minigame server or something.

This was where autofarms became appealing to players. Autofarms allowed people to put in work upfront, and sit on a slowly working money-maker. Because Dakotaa / Spalw decided to prohibit these farms due to the lag issues caused, some players are thinking about quitting due to not wanting to sit through a repetitive grind for 100 hours.
Again with this. I banned a couple types of automatic farms because they caused considerable TPS drops/lag spikes. As I said in chat a couple days ago, I'd rather piss off a couple big factions than have a laggy server that is uninviting to new players.

Bring back autofarms: Players would rather have the tps be down to 16 than be not allowed to make autofarms.
Autofarms are allowed. And no, they would not rather have a laggy server, I can guarantee you that.

Add incentives to pvp with factions: TrumpCS has already suggested this, but it was turned down. However, I believe that this would be a great way to add to the livelihood of the server. Adding pvp results in more action, and leads to more people wanting to come back to get that action. Putting up king of the hills at different parts of the server in warp wild would be a great feature.
Obviously you did not experience the KOTH we tried last map. I can tell you that it would not bring up PvP very much.

Bring back 1.7 cannoning and 1.8 pvp. Add extra faction power for players to allow for bigger bases and more claims: It is obvious for most players to see that 1.9 cannoning is broken and 1.8 pvp is the only competitive format of pvp. This would attract a lot more experienced factions players than are currently playing the server.
No. We have implemented many other ways to raid other than cannoning, and we are not going to switch two major game mechanics. 1.8 PvP is a boring, uncoordinated mess. If you hope that the main MCDrugs server will have 1.8 PvP, you're wasting time.

not being able to see your boosters or not getting to find out who x-rayed your base
We've tried fixing the booster problem, but it is out of our control. The developer who made the plugin has completely abandoned any support he gave us, and his coding was a mess, making it difficult for us to change the plugin. As for the xray, players usually can see who xrayed their base when the player is banned.

Most competitive factions server players are much more adept to 1.8 pvp, which is why having it would be good to attract more players.
You make the mistake of believing MCDrugs is a competitive factions server. We had Gangs instead of Factions for a long time, we switched to Factions for the ability to claim land. We do not advertisize the server as mainly factions orientated. Therefore, we will not base the way we run and change the server on what other "competitive" faction servers do.

Like I said in my main post, most players would rather have a 4 tps drop than the inability to use auto farms.
I think this is the most ridiculous part of this thread. Obviously it's a bit of a hyperbole, but 4 TPS is dreadful. 4 TPS, or any TPS under 10, would render automatic farms unusable, due to how long it would take for them to work. PvP would be extremely laggy, with players not being able to eat correctly, and teleporting/rubberbanding around. I'd rather the server run fine and have 50 players than run shitty and have 150.

I agree, I have been playing this server for 3 years and this is one of the reasons I am actually thinking of going to a different server. Please bring back the server that we had 1/2 years ago...
1-2 years ago? You'd like the server laggy and with 1/3-1/2 of the current population? I think you're just a bit nostalgic, because the server is at the best it's ever been right now.

There is no method of shroom / pumpkin auto harvest which doesn't involve "causing lag".
Yes, there are many. You're allowed the types that don't cause lag, which there are many of. Please actually take the time to read the post about the new rule.

Releasing lots of water is the only way to collect shrooms unless excessive amounts of hoppers (millions of dollars worth) are used. Even using those hoppers, there's no mechanism to harvest the mushrooms. As for pumpkins, if reaction-based harvest and timing-based harvest isn't allowed, there's no mehanism to auto harvest them. Cactus is dogshit due to the extremely low prices. 50 dubs of lime dye = 8 dubs of bread.
Mushrooms are (were) priced so high exactly because they're hard to be automated. There are mechanisms to harvest pumpkins automatically, you can use block update detectors. Cactus is priced low because the whole process can be completely automated with the right setup.

MCDrugs is at the best it's ever been at. Many of you may not like the changes we make to the server, but they are proven beneficial. If you don't like the server, we're always open to suggestions, but don't get offended/angry if we reject them.

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
As some people know, MCD is virtually a money grab at this point, and most of the good players either have quit or are thinking about quitting.

To finalise Dakota's thorough and accurate reply, MCD is anything but a money grab. Coming from an inexperienced player with a history of being a nuisance and a waste of staff time and resources this comment is insulting.

MC-Drugs in it's current form is the result of literally thousands of hours of work from hundreds of individuals who have dedicated their time to the community as a whole - over the course of 5+ years. Our operation costs are now order of magnitude of 2013-present, our donation rewards have only decreased in their effects in game and we maintain that we're a leader in fair donor rewards in our genre, feel free to refer to any other dead Drug Server to compare the relative degrees of "Money grab".

I firstly suggest that you apologize for making such a misguided and insulting comment under the veil of suggesting how to improve MCDrugs or start a proactive conversation & secondly evaluate if the real problem in this situation is you.

We welcome any and all suggestions, given in a polite manner. This is anything but.
MCD's player count reflects the hard work and dedication of the entire team of people who have built it, as always - we're working tirelessly to improve.

p0six

MVP+
I didn't want to be the one to post this. I asked other people to copy paste what I wrote, but they said they didn't want to, despite agreeing with me. Pax said that he wouldn't do it because he's helper, TrumpCS was afk at the time, Daddynexus didn't want to post it, etc. My point is, this post didn't get 10 dumb votes. I was extremely reluctant to disagree with you and Dakota because of the power you hold on the server, but the server was extremely boring and this was the last thing I wanted to do as a last hope before I quit.

Please at least notice the 8 up votes. The only dumb vote not put in place by Dakota and you was a troll vote by little5layer.

p0six

MVP+
I'll try my best to explain why many of the statements in this thread are untrue, and how many of the suggestions contradict themselves.

I don't know where that's coming from, and I strongly disagree, but that's a topic for a whole other thread.

I don't know about this, either. Maybe by "good players" you mean your friends that you think are good. Many of the actual good players, the people who have the most experience on the server, and don't just call themselves good because they use pro pvp resource packs, are still playing.

No, it hasn't. Automatic farms are allowed. We banned two types, there's hundreds more you could make. And the drugs that are harder to automate have a much higher price, so you either automate for little money, or do some work for more money.

Once again, this statement is subjective. All the factions and people pvp that you talk to may be gone, but there's still hundreds of active players on the server.

This is expected. Players who rushed to Druglord are going to get tired of the game, they essentially completed it. Drug servers are a grind, that's the nature of them. If you have ADD, please go join a minigame server or something.

Again with this. I banned a couple types of automatic farms because they caused considerable TPS drops/lag spikes. As I said in chat a couple days ago, I'd rather piss off a couple big factions than have a laggy server that is uninviting to new players.

Autofarms are allowed. And no, they would not rather have a laggy server, I can guarantee you that.

Obviously you did not experience the KOTH we tried last map. I can tell you that it would not bring up PvP very much.

No. We have implemented many other ways to raid other than cannoning, and we are not going to switch two major game mechanics. 1.8 PvP is a boring, uncoordinated mess. If you hope that the main MCDrugs server will have 1.8 PvP, you're wasting time.

We've tried fixing the booster problem, but it is out of our control. The developer who made the plugin has completely abandoned any support he gave us, and his coding was a mess, making it difficult for us to change the plugin. As for the xray, players usually can see who xrayed their base when the player is banned.

You make the mistake of believing MCDrugs is a competitive factions server. We had Gangs instead of Factions for a long time, we switched to Factions for the ability to claim land. We do not advertisize the server as mainly factions orientated. Therefore, we will not base the way we run and change the server on what other "competitive" faction servers do.

I think this is the most ridiculous part of this thread. Obviously it's a bit of a hyperbole, but 4 TPS is dreadful. 4 TPS, or any TPS under 10, would render automatic farms unusable, due to how long it would take for them to work. PvP would be extremely laggy, with players not being able to eat correctly, and teleporting/rubberbanding around. I'd rather the server run fine and have 50 players than run shitty and have 150.

1-2 years ago? You'd like the server laggy and with 1/3-1/2 of the current population? I think you're just a bit nostalgic, because the server is at the best it's ever been right now.

Yes, there are many. You're allowed the types that don't cause lag, which there are many of. Please actually take the time to read the post about the new rule.

Mushrooms are (were) priced so high exactly because they're hard to be automated. There are mechanisms to harvest pumpkins automatically, you can use block update detectors. Cactus is priced low because the whole process can be completely automated with the right setup.

MCDrugs is at the best it's ever been at. Many of you may not like the changes we make to the server, but they are proven beneficial. If you don't like the server, we're always open to suggestions, but don't get offended/angry if we reject them.

"Good players" refers to kingsofthenorth members. Look at the list of players in that faction, and then actually count how many play the game.

Please link to a pumpkin / mushroom farm which doesn't "cause lag".

No one pvps with enemy factions unless it is forced, which means a shitty raid with a shitty cannon is occurring. There is no incentives to pvp outside of when you are raided and forced to.

Not wanting to sit through 100 hours of repetitive bullshit doesn't count as having ADD.

Koth is just one way to incentivise pvp.

I have to go for right now. I might edit this later.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I didn't want to be the one to post this. I asked other people to copy paste what I wrote, but they said they didn't want to, despite agreeing with me. Pax said that he wouldn't do it because he's helper, TrumpCS was afk at the time, Daddynexus didn't want to post it, etc. My point is, this post didn't get 10 dumb votes. I was extremely reluctant to disagree with you and Dakota because of the power you hold on the server, but the server was extremely boring and this was the last thing I wanted to do as a last hope before I quit.

Please at least notice the 8 up votes. The only dumb vote not put in place by Dakota and you was a troll vote by little5layer.
Using forum votes to gauge players response to suggestions is next to useless. There is a much larger audience to account for than just you & your faction buddies.

If you started your post with something other than an insult you might have gotten somewhere. But your attitude here is the same as in game and teamspeak. As evidenced by your ban database history.

You're in no position to exclaim as to why specific factions or even players have stopped playing. What so ever, that argument is moot.

Regardless of your response to Dakota's very clear replies to your specific issues, I urge you to clarify or apologize for the initial comments.

p0six

MVP+
Using forum votes to gauge players response to suggestions is next to useless. There is a much larger audience to account for than just you & your faction buddies.

If you started your post with something other than an insult you might have gotten somewhere. But your attitude here is the same as in game and teamspeak. As evidenced by your ban database history.

You're in no position to exclaim as to why specific factions or even players have stopped playing. What so ever, that argument is moot.

Regardless of your response to Dakota's very clear replies to your specific issues, I urge you to clarify or apologize for the initial comments.
Ok, I apologize

aaaaa1022

I agree with part of what p0six said on this matter. Sadly, there is not much left to do for those further advanced in the server because:
1. There is VERY little pvp anywhere. I constantly hunt for someone to fight at warp wild or prison or the arena. I rarely find any.
2. Once you build a manual farm you are done, then you just constantly farm and farm and farm which gets very boring and repetitive. As in automatic farms you could add on to them which took time or try new things with them. They were just more entertaining to make/have than the typically 64x64 wheat farm that took maybe an hour to make.
3. The last thing I wanted to say is the comment you said about only banning 2 farms, the automatic mushroom farm and the automatic pumpkin farm. If you think about it, a big automatic cane farm or even cocoa bean would cause the same amount of lag so they would be banned as well? Those farms (if big, which is the only way to really make them worth it) use a lot of redstone and pistons and I don't see how they wouldn't cause close to the same issues as the other farms. So options are mainly limited to manual which is just hours of boring and repetitive farming which is absolutely NO fun, or a big auto cactus farm which as p0six said, is pretty much shit, coming from someone who has a 100x40 one that did me no good really.

I hope some of these ideas of p0six and others are thoroughly looked at as, he is right, many big players of this server are becoming bored or fed up and want to quit. In the long run most will not quit but I can almost guarantee their playing time will decrease dramatically if nothing changes. Just to add another idea in the pot as well, I would like to put forth the idea that maybe you could just limit these automatic farms to a certain size to maybe reduce the lag yet satisfy the members of the server somewhat. Just another idea in the pot, hopefully everything is taken into consideration and something may happen. As the money grab situation I have no comment and do not wish to insult this server or the staff. I know that bigger servers are harder to run and maintain happiness within all members, but I still think ideas should be looked over as this new rule has made many people upset/angry and become discontent or bored with the server. I hope this forum thread sparks something new and fun within the server to keep me and many others playing and not bored.

EDIT* - The whole insulting thing I believe has blown out of proportion. Yes, it was unnecessary of p0six to insult the server and owners as he did, but I don't believe it was the right move for Dakotaa to fire back at p0six, his friends, or ImHog with insults as well. It doesn't look too good. I just wanted to express my opinions on that as insulting from both sides were foolish and unnecessary.

Last edited:

NerkVerse

Only thing i'd really agree on here is the PVPside i've only spotted a few people in the wild And when this has happened its normally them being protected by noob protection even tho they have diamond gear on. I think most of the players now just sit at spawn and do nothing finding people in the wild can be a pain its the same when your base gets raided they normally wait till you come offline so you cant do shit. The idea with the whole ranking up from junkie to druglord was a good idea and i love servers or any game type where i feel like im moving up and doing something but once you hit your goal tbh nothing more or else can be done. i think thats pretty much expected tho. But yeah it can be hard to find anyone in wild on this server and i think thats just due to the amount of people that sits at spawn

Turmp

MVP+
KPRyGnF.jpg

ha get it the state of mcdrugs jajajajajajajaja

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I don't know why you guys keep saying that the server is a grind now. It was always a grind. Just because we banned the mushroom farm design, which was only really in use by a lot of people for the last couple weeks, doesn't change anything. Drug servers are grindy, I don't know what you expected when you joined. If you want it to be easy, there are many other drug servers that allow you to automatically craft and sell drugs. These servers, however, have a very low player count, go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.