Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Unclaimed stuff getting Xrayed suggestions

Do you like how the staff handles xraying?

• Yes

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sick

VIP+
Guys, it really pisses me off to see that there are people who xray on this server. It sadly can't be stopped, because the hackers will always find a way around everything. I just got xrayed, and now people have probably sethome inside of my farm and I have no way to get them out. The staff tells me I need to have "evidence", but me, and lots of other people don't really have a clear picture of what "evidence" is and there's nothing that we can do about it! I think that there should be a way that the staff members could possibly find out who xrayed.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Evidence is getting a video or screenshot that shows that person x-raying or hacking.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
We handle Xray as best as we possibly can, we will never return items lost due to xray. However, if we have solid proof or a first eye account from a verifiable staff-member we will issue the player a temporary ban.

We used to use a Block logging plugin to verify who made nondescript xray holes but due to performance issues with 1.9 we're currently searching for an alternative. I don't feel this poll is specifically that useful, as the only thing we could change would be returning players items for which got lost due to xray - however we simply cannot do this, as many players would simply take advantage.

Hope this helps clear this up,
Thanks.

MoshyDesigns

VIP+
The best thing you can do right now is have a base far from spawn and claim it. X-rayers can't get in if it's claimed.

As for plugins to stop x-raying, I believe spigot took out their orebfuscator, but the download may still be around as a plugin. Try this out.
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/orebfuscator/

A quick solution that I used to do as admin on a server was to place empty chests under the surface around spawn. Most x-rayers start using their xray immediately on joining and will see these chests and go for them. Assuming you can see who opens chests / breaks blocks, you can find people fairly easily using that.
I guess the argument to that would be "what if someone finds it legitimately?"
I don't think that's too fair of an argument. I've never seen a normal player randomly dig up a spot directly where a chest is.

If orebfuscator is not updated, then I'm not too sure as to what can be done. Brings us back to the 'keep chests out of your farms and keep your base claimed'.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
We're well aware of these types of plugins, and we have no intention of using any type of "client" side block changing plugin to combat xray. Every single plugin that does that is garbage, as there is no way to achieve that reliably without client side mods.

There are other ways of finding where bases are than randomly digging, entities for one, any minecarts, item frames, etc. Increase the entity count and can give away an underground base.

Regardless, our ongoing plan is as always - Staff such as myself often watch players and check for xray when possible and we plan on getting a new block logging plugin to combat xray when staff aren't online.

This is all there is to be said,
Thank you all for the concern.

Creeper

If orebfuscator is not updated, then I'm not too sure as to what can be done. Brings us back to the 'keep chests out of your farms and keep your base claimed'.
If you faction protect your base it shows people where it is meaning so power factions can come along with a ton of tnt and blow it to smithereens. I havent faction protected my base because of this reason and still leaves the vulnerability of X-Ray can't win either way really. I agree X-Ray plugins are awful when performance is involved but just saying that faction claiming your base isn't always a good idea especially since power factions will destroy your base even if there is nothing of value but rather just for something to do

Joshlyxox

You need to be tactical and smart with it, build about 1000 blocks from your spawn point, me and @Killah had a 100x100 wheat farm unclaimed for about two-three months, it only got raided because it was insided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online