Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Unfair Drug Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItzChuck

If your going to have a drug up, you need to have it actually able to gain profit off of.

Cactus is extremely low, requires a lot of work to make, and plus the fuel to smelt it to sell..

Could you consider Upping some drug prices to a reasonable amount we can work and grow with?
Thank you, ItzChuck

Mod_Mod_Mod_Mod

Mod
Staff member
MVP
2022 Gold Founder
2023 Gold Founder
While I will admit some drugs just are not worth farming, Cactus is not one of them in my opinion. As to why.
1.Cactus can be auto farmed, and is the easiest fully auto farm to build.
2. A 32 by 32 by 200 cactus farm will make easily 5 dubs of cactus per hour, and probably alot more.
3.You can easily build a fully auto smelter using lava buckets and hoppers.
4.If you have an effective skeleton farm, you can combine the smelted cactus with bone meal to make two lime dye. so that is basically $19+ per cactus, as long as you have a auto skeleton grinder.

I will admit that there are some drugs that have been excessively nerfed, however, I will not agree with your cactus argument.

Ziexd

2017 Map Founder
Contributor II
MVP+
DrugPass I
Hey Chuck!

Prices are constantly being changed, almost every week the prices are adjusted/modified according to the statistics. Cactus can be easily mass-produced, that's why is current has such a low price. It isn't too hard to make things like an completely auto cactus farm. That's why the price of cactus is so low. You could look online, or on YouTube how to make an auto cactus farm and you should find some killer guides! You can also always make the Cactus green into cactus dye by combining it with Bone Meal, it makes 2 lime dye. Lime dye also sells for a little more!

Hope this helped!
~Zie

Last edited:

unspokenAdvocate

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
If you'd like some help finding something better to farm, I'd recommend this thread.

In my faction, we farm cocoa beans and wheat and turn them into cookies. It multiplies profit, and makes it time worthy.

We also farm beetroot using an auto-farming device.

Just find what crop works the best with your abilities!

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Hello,
Drug prices are changed all the time. The players of the server change the prices (theoretically) as we change the drug prices depending on how much of a certain drug is sold.
The drugs are not being nerfed, they are being balanced. Not many factions/players have lots of different drug farms.

Edit

S

SquareAngle

It's hard to balance the drug prices. When you lower / make one higher, you have to lower / higher a different one, ect. It will never be fully balanced, but what you have to do, is simply calculate which would be easiest to grow and sells the best compared to how you get the drugs yourself. Compare price to the difficulty of growing them. Find the best option.

For me, even though I have found it takes long to plant, nether wart is a great one because its got a good price considering you do not have to cook them, and you can get bigger quantities of them. Personally, the only problem is the time it takes to replant. However, this is the same for wheat potatos and other soil drugs.

The real downside, is that you walk slow on soul sand, meaning it does take longer to plant. To combat this, I suggest you get your herbalism up in MCMMO, as it will plant some of the crops automatically without you needing to. In theory, that would mean if you have a high enough level, you would only need to harvest and not plant them, as, with a high enough level, it would plant it all for you. However, you would have to be a VERY high level.

ItzChuck

Yea I mean, I already have a 50x50x50 cac farm soo, that's basically why.

I understand cactus can be highly taken advantage of, but at least make it able to gain some profit. Very hard to do so with the amount of work needed.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Your mindset of this is completely misguided.
The philosophy we had coming into our new drug balancing wasn't very complex.

We want things to be interesting and diverse. We want the prices to represent the current trends in the economy and the difficulty and the ability to make any given drug automated. Being AFK for three days in a cactus farm is completely different to replanting wheat, for example.

Your point about cactus is completely flawed. We cannot base our prices from a small cactus farm, due to the extensive ability to automate them. We base the cactus price on the humongous farms that can automatically produce 10's of dubs per hour.

I completely fail to understand you bringing up profits - amount of time required to establish an automatic farm is the cost of startup, you will have ongoing revenue from that farm over a long period of time with little to no other work what so ever.

Diversify your farms or work on volume instead of profit margins. It's really simple.

S

SquareAngle

Your mindset of this is completely misguided.
The philosophy we had coming into our new drug balancing wasn't very complex.

We want things to be interesting and diverse. We want the prices to represent the current trends in the economy and the difficulty and the ability to make any given drug automated. Being AFK for three days in a cactus farm is completely different to replanting wheat, for example.

Your point about cactus is completely flawed. We cannot base our prices from a small cactus farm, due to the extensive ability to automate them. We base the cactus price on the humongous farms that can automatically produce 10's of dubs per hour.

I completely fail to understand you bringing up profits - amount of time required to establish an automatic farm is the cost of startup, you will have ongoing revenue from that farm over a long period of time with little to no other work what so ever.

Diversify your farms or work on volume instead of profit margins. It's really simple.
That's deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online