Dismiss Notice
Please feel free to join our website today! We're happy to help with anything, or maybe just to have a discussion or introduce yourself!

Building Contest Weekly Building Contest - Week 1 (June 20 - June 27)

Discussion in 'Weekly Event' started by Dakotaa, Jun 20, 2016.

1. Dakotaa

Dakotaa Owner Staff Member Owner

[​IMG]
    We've decided to try out a new community even, weekly building contests.

Each Monday, a new contest and theme will start. You have until Sunday to submit your building/design through a reply to that weeks thread. The top 3 buildings (selected by staff) will win prizes. We also will allow players to contribute money to the prize pool, much like the Death Race. Prize pool contributions must be greater than $30,000 to be noted. There will be a thread listing all the people who have contributed.

Rules:
    • Build must be in your faction land, or have proof that you made it.
    • Build must be on MCDrugs. (Take screenshots without F1/hidden GUI on to prove)
    • Police are allowed to have the exception of the farm not having crops, so they can participate. Non-police contest submissions must include crops.

Judging
    There is no size limit, make it as big or small as you would like, but amount of resources used and time to build will be taken into consideration when your build is judged. Efficiency is also looked at, so a farm that produces 1 crop an hour likely won't win.
    Builds are judged by moderators and above.

Submission Format:
    Upload photo(s) for your build. You can also show a video, which will increase your chance to win if it shows off more, but photos are required. Try to include the general amount of resources used and time taken.

This Weeks Theme: Aesthetically Pleasing Farms

Reply with pictures of your good looking farm. We're looking for nice, well planned and generally good looking farms that show the effort put into making them, not just some tilled dirt in a cave!

Prizes:
    First Place: $2,000,000 and 500 Points
    Second Place: $1,000,000 and 250 Points
    Third Place: $335,500

First place winners also get their name in the winners thread, showing winners for each week.

Results

The sumissions were judged by Dakotaa, jrd3044, SaltySav, and Dawggy. The three winners picked were;

• First Place: juggernaut0085
    • Second Place: septer64
    • Third Place: Strafein
    • Runner Up/Honourable Mention: TruMatrix
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
    • + High + High x 3
  2. lord latenix

lord latenix Well-Known Member MVP

MonarchLatenix
    Junky
    Thanks for making the exception for cops. Previous comment deleted
    • + High + High x 1
  3. Tjorvi_01

Tjorvi_01 Member MVP+

Wait yes it is? He's participating in the contest?
  4. Nanoosher

Nanoosher Member VIP+

This is a fully automatic sugar cane farm that make around a stack of sugar cane in 80-100 seconds. The resources to make was 1000 pistons and about 25 hoppers for the collection system. It took about 8 ingame hours to make.

More images
    • + High + High x 3
  5. _Kitteh

_Kitteh Member

Welp, I can't make farms for shit so fuck this lol.
  6. Harbey

Harbey Retired Staff Retired Staff 2017 Map Founder MVP+ Contributor III Outstanding Forum Contributor

Hrby
    Smuggler
    I first started this farm 3 hours after the reset in may and I have slowly been adding onto it since. I have had some help along the way with finishing touches, but all in all I would say that a solid 20-30 hours have gone into the construction of this farm. Each floor earns roughly 150k per harvest, adding up to roughly 750k depending on how many times green terra is used. This farm has made me roughly 26 million in game dollars. It is my pride and joy, and 90% of the time I am on the server I am here farming. The wall of signs you see is a wall of autographs, including some of the coolest people on the server. This farm is probably one of the best farms for earning a lot of money on the server (other than ace's of course). http://imgur.com/a/wRtBm I nearly forgot! I also have a shitty looking hidden cane farm that people who don't have auto replant can use when they come to my base. I know it's not the best looking to put into a building contest but It is still a part of the farm so why not throw it in as well. http://imgur.com/a/jwJrX
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2016
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Septer64

Septer64 New Member

Here is the farm made by me (Septer64) and 14Squared.
    We spent around 100k on resources and it took between 5 to 6 hours over all on the farm.
    All the buildings in this build are of our own design.
    //imgur.com/a/ZCZqp
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2016
    • + High + High x 1
  8. TruMatrix

TruMatrix New Member

Here is my personal farm that I use for most of my farming. I have spent around 8 hours just working on the nether wart part of the farm. I did not keep track of how long it took to build the carrot farm. It cost upwards off 110k to buy all the wood and prismarine for the carrot farm aesthetics. I used other expensive materials in the nether wart farm such as coal blocks, glowstone, quartz, and netherbrick.
  9. Zhihu

Zhihu Well-Known Member 2017 Map Founder Contributor MVP+

Zhihu
    Smuggler
    Video is private TruMatrix :I
  10. TruMatrix

TruMatrix New Member

fixed ty :)
  11. juggernaut0085

juggernaut0085 New Member MVP+

Hi there,

I've been working on this project non-stop for the last week now ( been testing the builds out on creative servers ), and I think it's good enough to enter the building contest :) I've spent around 50k on resources for the build. ( some of which I bought too much of :p )
    It's supposed to be a medieval farm, with a windmill, a silo and a barn with a large amount of wheat crops surrounding it.

It brings in quite alot of wheat when farmed fully.

http://imgur.com/a/oTVx0

I hope you like what I did! :D
    - Juggernaut0085
    • + High + High x 2
  12. NoodlyApendage

NoodlyApendage Admin Staff Member Admin 2017 Map Founder MVP+

Here is my humble entry. Lots of help from Dank, Dale, Toker and Deminishki
  13. Dakotaa

Dakotaa Owner Staff Member Owner

Please post an imgur photo album.
  14. Nanoosher

Nanoosher Member VIP+

Shhhhhhhh
    • Dumb Dumb x 1
  15. NoodlyApendage

NoodlyApendage Admin Staff Member Admin 2017 Map Founder MVP+

16. Ezxhh

Ezxhh Member MVP

• - High - High x 1
  17. Ezxhh

Ezxhh Member MVP

So rigged aha :D
    • - High - High x 1
  18. TruMatrix

TruMatrix New Member

Where is strafeins post? i don't see it here. how can you win if you don't post a reply?
  19. Ezxhh

Ezxhh Member MVP

I am strafein, mc account not linked
    • - High - High x 1