Invalid Welcome Msgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

4william20

Thought I'd start using the template so here we go
4william20
Reporterer and Saltychong
Saltychong:MVP++ Reporterer:none
Issue: For the past few days these players have been saying "Welcome to MC-Drugs!" to almost every player that joins.
Why this issue is important: It's very repetitive and I believe it to be spam because every time I look at chat I see "Welcome to MC-Drugs!". I understand the importance of new players being welcomed but being sent to every new player it loses the inclusivity, just causing flood in chat.
Screen Shot 2019-06-21 at 4.14.50 PM.png

Thank you to whomever may review this report,
~4william20

libxrty

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
2021 Founder
2023 Gold Founder
Thought I'd start using the template so here we go
4william20
Reporterer and Saltychong
Saltychong:MVP++ Reporterer:none
Issue: For the past few days these players have been saying "Welcome to MC-Drugs!" to almost every player that joins.
Why this issue is important: It's very repetitive and I believe it to be spam because every time I look at chat I see "Welcome to MC-Drugs!". I understand the importance of new players being welcomed but being sent to every new player it loses the inclusivity, just causing flood in chat.
View attachment 2201
Thank you to whomever may review this report,
~4william20
Yeah, it does cause a bit of flood. When you have multiple people joining at one time, you don't need to welcome each and every one of them individually.

1 per page is good.

kadewyd

I agree with @Parrot2019 . If there's multiple people joining at once, I feel like one big "Welcome" or "Welcome new players" would probs be the best. If 3 people all join within the span of 10 seconds, there doesn't need to be 3 welcomes. But then again, sometimes you can't tell if another person is gonna join and you just wanna say welcome to that new person right away. (Take a shot every time I said "welcome").

4william20

"1 per page is good." I agree
Edit: If it's more personalized and not just a copy and paste message, that adds more authenticity rather than murmuring the same message every time a new player joins.

Last edited:

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I see you are a new forum member 4william20
Welcome To The MC-Drugs Forums!

Zach20

I Agree with this but also, i feel like welcoming should not be looked down upon, as staff have started to unnecessarily mute people for welcoming, even when that person isn't spamming, I do agree that the issue in this report was legitimently spamming, but i feel like some other players who did only send 1 welcome message per page have been being muted for this, I feel like there needs to be a rule put in place just for welcome messages due to the high amount of people mentioning them now

Tzunami_

Agree with this post, and was told to bump it by staff. It gets really annoying to have players sending the same, bland, cliche message every 10 seconds to all worlds. It's a automatic keybind and isn't sincere. Plenty of players have voiced their concerns in chat and agree with this sentiment.

Myself and several other players grouped together and welcomed every player to show how annoying it gets. After less than 10 minutes staff were threatening to mute us. It's and obvious disruption to chat and not necessarily, especially when 2-3 players join at once and people are sending out the same message 2-3 times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.