Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

‘Ban Appeal’ Suggestion

asaprocky

I think it would be a great idea for players to have a one time option to purchase an unban through the website. Why might you ask? Besides the straight up hackers a lot of people probably get caught then realize how much they enjoyed the server and honestly learn the lesson in itself through that way. Most importantly it would be a great way for this server to start bringing in more support. I think a lot of people would be open to this idea and frankly I don’t see anything wrong with it a lot of other servers do it for those very reasons and I think this one should to. It would help both player and staff member's and also the rule breakers a chance to redeem themselves. You might ask ‘why give them the chance to go right back to rule breaking?’ because that individual decided it was worth it to spend real life money to continue to play which shows they really want to, and staff can punish the players forever/indefinitely if they fuck up again. Any comments would be appreciated, I think it’s a wonderful idea and a healthy debate is welcomed. P.S I believe a 10$/15$ onetime unban option through the shop should 100% be added to the server, just maybe a lot of old players could come back if allowed/given a chance.

bradderzwld

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
This used to be an option but was removed a while ago I believe.

I don't speak for the whole staff team but our current ban system provides plenty of opportunities for players to play the server as intended. Outside of second offense hacking bans, we don't really give out many permanent bans, so I see this as only relevant to these types of bans. Using your own current situation as an example, you have the opportunity to come back and play in 7 days. You are already given that second chance. On top of this, permanent bans are removed on map reset. This is effectively a third chance.

The main reason people suggest purchasing unbans is to give players another chance, but players clearly already get plenty.
Not all, but a large majority of players that get permanent bans just aren't nice people either. Often this is a maturity thing and having to wait for a map reset is beneficial for them and their contribution to the server.

TLDR:
Players already get multiple chances.
Do the crime, do the time.

asaprocky

I think paying for unban is stupid, dont break the rules and you won’t get banned
I agree with you the principal probably contradicts itself, but for the server it would be a great boost in revenue probably, and also show which players are more serious about their ban. As in they care enough to spend real $ on it.

Last edited:

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
I agree with you the principal probably contradicts itself, but for the server it would be a great boost in revenue probably, and also show which players are more serious about their ban. As in they care enough to spend real $ on it.
I'd rather uphold the integrity of our punishment system than allow the types of players that are notoriously shitheads back onto the server, even if the latter would be more profitable.

MrFragtastic

Paying cash money just to regain access to a Minecraft server you literally just got banned from, for fucking up somehow, is hands-down N.S. one of the sweatiest things someone could achieve. Especially since they do a ban reset along with the map reset every spring. So long as you aren't blacklisted you can try again next map, but if you are blacklisted then you done (a). Really Messed TF Up (b). Acted straight up retarded as all hell to the point they just couldn't even anymore with you or (c). both. People get away with doin/sayin some pretty fucked up stuff on here so to mess up bad enough to achieve an immediate ∞blacklist ban you had to have done some just plain dickhead stuff and shouldn't have an option to buy a second life. If you can't take it on the chin and except the penalties when hit with a ban then don't take risks or try to get better at hiding your fuckery. People trying to buy a damn do-over if you do end up selling them be sure to bundle unbans in with 3x 1hr All Drug Boosters, and a years premium account. Charge $200 for it and make it the only way to get the unban

asaprocky

Paying cash money just to regain access to a Minecraft server you literally just got banned from, for fucking up somehow, is hands-down N.S. one of the sweatiest things someone could achieve. Especially since they do a ban reset along with the map reset every spring. So long as you aren't blacklisted you can try again next map, but if you are blacklisted then you done (a). Really Messed TF Up (b). Acted straight up retarded as all hell to the point they just couldn't even anymore with you or (c). both. People get away with doin/sayin some pretty fucked up stuff on here so to mess up bad enough to achieve an immediate ∞blacklist ban you had to have done some just plain dickhead stuff and shouldn't have an option to buy a second life. If you can't take it on the chin and except the penalties when hit with a ban then don't take risks or try to get better at hiding your fuckery. People trying to buy a damn do-over if you do end up selling them be sure to bundle unbans in with 3x 1hr All Drug Boosters, and a years premium account. Charge $200 for it and make it the only way to get the unban
I couldn’t even get myself to read this novel, I respect your opinion though haha.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online