Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

News 2021 Spring Update

Dakotaa

Owner
Staff member
Owner
hMCRkBa.png

Reset Schedule Change

With the annual server reset coming up, we've decided that this is the best time to make some changes to how server resets will work. Many players think that one year is too long for a single map, and we agree. Starting with the next server reset, we will be testing a new reset schedule, with a full server reset every 3 months.

This is a big change from how things have worked for the last several years, but we are confident that it will improve gameplay. With the first quarterly reset only a few weeks away, here are some of the new things that we'll be seeing next map:

• AuctionHouse will be back.
  • Player shops will be able to purchase items along with selling.
  • PvP will bereverted back to 1.7 mechanics.
  • Cannoning mechanics will be reverted to 1.7 mechanics.
  • Mushroom prices will be increased 150%.
  • Slow falling potions will be removed.
  • Coinflip and Double boosters will be added.
  • Police will be removed.

Return of Withers
Wither are back!

Many complained that they were unbalanced previously, so we have made some changes. Withers still cannot be spawned manually. Instead, they will spawn randomly around the world, near the positions of players. They will target the nearest player, blasting through any blocks necessary to reach them. We hope that this will create some exciting and fair raid/defense opportunities.

Rule Updates
We've decided to make some fairly major rule changes:
  • With server performance being consistent, we have decided to roll-back the farm rules. All automatic farm types are now allowed. However, you must first acquire an Autofarm License. NovaSeepa will be processing the license applications, so the current estimated time to acquire a license is about 6-12 months.
  • X-ray hacks have plagued the server for years, and most experienced players have had their based x-rayed at least once. To combat this, we are no longer allowing bases to be built underground. Our hopes are that this will completely eliminate the possiblity of being x-rayed.

Pit Chat Change
A small change has been made to the Pit. To keep Pit discussion on topic in game, any message that is not just "pit" will be blocked.

Stonks

MVP+
It's about fucking time the staff of this server actually implemented a good update. I've been playing this server for 5 years and this map was, by far, the worst experience I've had. I was actually about to quit, but this update makes everything better again. The only thing I disagree with is the 150% mushroom price increase. This is definitely not enough, as they will still be below their original price. Great update but you still have a lot of work to do on this server before I can see it actually being successful. Please fix everything else, or I am going to cancel my monthly membership subscription.

bradderzwld

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
It's about fucking time the staff of this server actually implemented a good update. I've been playing this server for 5 years and this map was, by far, the worst experience I've had. I was actually about to quit, but this update makes everything better again. The only thing I disagree with is the 150% mushroom price increase. This is definitely not enough, as they will still be below their original price. Great update but you still have a lot of work to do on this server before I can see it actually being successful. Please fix everything else, or I am going to cancel my monthly membership subscription.
We're trying our best

jakeman5

• AuctionHouse will be back.
  • Player shops will be able to purchase items along with selling.
  • Cannoning mechanics will be reverted to 1.7 mechanics.
  • Slow falling potions will be removed.
We were in a call and read this and everyone got so excited. Now we are all sad. Lmao.

Spleaf

a 3 month server reset cycle is far too short for those that want to enjoy having the time to play, going through the ranks would almost be completely pointless if everything just starts from scratch every 3 months... I was looking forward to coming back since I saw the other things being changed but not sure its worth my, or anyone else's time now given that the resets will become so frequent I thought it was absolutely perfect before having one reset a year or perhaps every 6-8 months would make it much more fun, anyways carry on just an opinion from a long time player...

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
a 3 month server reset cycle is far too short for those that want to enjoy having the time to play, going through the ranks would almost be completely pointless if everything just starts from scratch every 3 months... I was looking forward to coming back since I saw the other things being changed but not sure its worth my, or anyone else's time now given that the resets will become so frequent I thought it was absolutely perfect before having one reset a year or perhaps every 6-8 months would make it much more fun, anyways carry on just an opinion from a long time player...
To be clear this post was this part of this year's April Fools update. Here is the link to the real reset annoucement: https://mc-drugs.com/threads/2021-reset-announcement.11518/

Latest posts

Members online