Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

A list of new shit

After reading this post, do you believe we should get rid of /list?

• Yes

• No

• I like turtles

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Today in my biology lecture, we were learning about chemical bonds. During this fascinating lecture, I took some time to make a list of some ideas I thought of for the server. Some of them are more drastic changes than others, and I in no way am suggesting that they are all amazing ideas. I did my best to make these additions/suggestions as non-op as possible. Im sure I will be criticized by some higher staff who will argue that these are completely op and/or will ruin the server gameplay, and it is fine if you think that. I am open to feedback and additional suggestions, and half of the point of this post is to conjure up some new ideas for the server from you guys. Here are my ideas-

As Professor Howard talked about how Methane bonds with a Carbonyl group to form an alcohol, I got this genius idea of how cool it would be if on mcdrugs you could have a zeus staff that shot lightning at shit. So this idea is an Extremely Rare item you can get from the Weapons Crate at spawn. Basically its a stick that has /lightning bonded to it so that when you right click, you cause lightning to hit your target. This would have a cooldown determined by higher staff (maybe 5-10 seconds or so) to make it not op. I think it would be pretty sick.

The next part of the lecture was about carbohydrates and other essential molecules that made up all life on earth; Nitrogen, Carbon, Hydrogen, and Oxygen. During this, I created a diagram in my notebook of the current donor system of mcdrugs, and I created a new one also. So basically how my new system works is that there are now five donor ranks. This new, 5th level donor rank would cost $150 and would have the following perks (give or take some, and with addition of any that high staff may add)

Options for the tag of this 5th rank: Elite, Legend, Sponsor, etc.

*First of all, there would be no additional sell shop for this rank. The highest sell shop would be the mvp+ shop. This could be changed, but thats up to the high staff.

*The ability to place disposal signs, though a ban will be administered if said player uses them to make an unraidable base.

*The ability to run /tree with a 15 minute cool down. This would allow max-donor level players to have quick access to wood in times of need. For example, if they were at warp wild and needed a boat, (since all of the trees there are gone) they could simply do /tree and get some wood, instead of having to go retrieve wood.

*(Here comes the "Completely ruins all gameplay" idea, but hear me out)
The ability to /enchant. Now before you tell me to go fuck myself, I think that if it had a big cool down (like 24 hours or 48 hours, or even once a week) and if it could only be used to apply vanilla enchants, this would be a totally reasonable addition to the server. It isn't THAT hard to get a vanilla enchant, and this would just make it more quickly accessible to an max-donor.

*The ability to disguise yourself as a mob in spawn. This is mostly a derping around feature, and it wouldn't really affect drug running since it honestly would be easier to catch a player disguised (as a bat, for example) than it would be to catch them invis. Obviously this would be disabled in the normal world.

*Access to /broadcast once per day. I have seen this on other servers, and it is an awesome way for players to advertise their goods or services, and a way for players to call people out or make jokes with each other.

*20 sethomes

In addition to this new rank and donor rank system, I have another idea regarding donations that I think will greatly improve the amount of people who donate. Basically it is a wall at spawn (outside on a wall sort of like the brick walls on the path straight out of spawn last map) that will show each donor rank, and then list the perks for each rank underneath in a clear way. Trust me on this; if players walk by the donor ranks every time they leave spawn, and they are constantly reminded of the awesome shit they will unlock if they donate, they will donate a lot more. I know because in my experience on servers, I was much more tempted to buy ranks when they were presented in this manner. I will make an example of this wall at the castle to show you (staff) what I mean.

That pretty much sums up my ideas for donor ranks, but I have a few more ideas regarding gameplay.

*Remove /list, since it allows players to see cops online and makes the removal of /listcops pointless. Players would still have the tab button which they can use to see who is online. They just wouldn't be able to see their rank. Keep in mind that I was completely against the removal of /listcops at first, but I now see the value in improving cops odds of catching players. It enhances gameplay greatly.

*Bump up the sell price and commission for cops. Cops are a crucial part of the challenge of mcdrugs gameplay, yet they are underpowered in my opinion in terms of moneymaking ability.

Here is the idea that I want the most for the server-

*First, when a max ranked person runs the command /ireallywanttodothis, they will reset and receive a dark blue [*] in their /nick right before their name (for example, *Herby) to signify that they were once at max rank. Second, their personal faction power is locked at 25 so that their attaining max rank won't be all for nothing, and they can still go through the experience of running through the ranks again. I personally really want to go through them all again just for the satisfaction of doing /rankup and prestiging (and that awesome farming grind we all love).

Thanks for considering all of this shit, and feel free to respond and/or post additional suggestions below :)

-Herby

Last edited:

LITTLE5LAYER

MVP+
Why would a drug server have donator ranks called different types of ores?
/list is on every server so would probably be bad if it was removed.
If you want to be reset I've seen an Admin reset someone before.

Last edited:

Hrby

2017 Map Founder
Contributor III
MVP+
Outstanding Forum Contributor
Little5layer
My point of the ore system wasn't necessarily set in stone. I was suggesting the concept of a fifth donor rank, and I couldnt think of a rank that went with the vip/mvp system so I created the ore system for an example. I would be open for suggestions for a fifth rank name based on vip/mvp. Any way to incorporate a fifth rank would be fine. My main suggestions for the donor ranks were the existence of a fifth rank, and the wall of donor ranks in front of spawn. how they add the fifth rank is up to high staff (if its added at all)
[Update on this: I have edited out the ore system and added a sensible rank that goes along with vip/mvp. Problem resolved]

/list is a needless command since tab shows the players online. /list just tells you ranks, and thus is an alternative to /copslist, which was removed for good reason.

The option to reset is not what I am proposing, as it already exists. What I am proposing is that there are small perks to resetting as a Drug Lord, so that it is not a complete reset. Im not sure that other people know of the command /ireallywanttodothis, as it is only available to drug lords. I should have addressed it in my post, but yes. This command resets a drug lord to junky, and it already exists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.