Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

A not so simple, simple fix for MCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zibru

After talking to various members of the community, I have composed some major issues with MCD as well as some objective suggestions:
  • Faction Tax Plug-in
The Faction system has always been a part of MCD Until recently, recently being the past 2 maps It has been nothing but perfect. There is only one thing that I would like to recommend for factions , 1. being /f tax
Faction tax is detrimental but the fact that it is maxed at 10k is just simply stupid, factions are a privilege to be a part of, many people take advantage of this, consider this scenario, Timmy a new player joined the server then join faction x, Timmy is given access to the f home, a farm and can be considered by society "a leech" Timmy makes hundreds of thousands, sometimes millions of dollars from "leeching" from faction x and he only has to pay 10k a day, now does this seem fair? Absolutely not. There should be no limit on faction taxation for individual players. It is understandable that MCD does not want to fix something so irrelevant but as this article goes on it would make sense to fix all these little big issues.

• PvP/Raiding
One can make the argument that it would not make sense to go back to previous versions of the game, but as we all know humans make mistakes, Minecraft 1.9+ is one of them. The argument can be made that >1.9 is better in every way, and I believe this to be true, I also think many others believe this to be true. MCD should switch back to 1.8.9 And here is why: 1.8.9 has the best TNT mechanics and PvP mechanics. I had a discussion with an owner earlier, and what i say next i hope has no offense to him, but 1.12 is fucking shit, is really is, some could make the argument that going back to a previous version would be retarded and that is understandable, but swapping the server to 1.8.9 woulda increase the amount of players and overall moral, dakotta said to me that he likes the 1.12 combat however, he is not the one raiding/PvPing in it. If it is too difficult to change versions then offer a solution make 1.7-1.8 PvP in 1.12 or 1.13 considering next map, It is possible and other servers have done it before, If the majority of the players want this it should at least be token into consideration and experimented with not simply blown a way with a "nah"

• Final
Ive been playing on MCD for a while know I love it and all I want is whats best for it and its players Feel free to add anything that I missed thanks

-Lance

Zibru

Something that I would also like to add that I forgot is The disabling of elytras and getting them in high tier crates such as prestige or master as a very rare item and have End and nether reset every 6 months or just have longer resets or no reset for end and nether at all

Mac_Milller

Contributor
A much as I appreciate the suggestion, I think switching back to 1.8.9 would be a terrible mistake. 1.12.2 has many bug fixes that 1.8.9 does not have, and as I'm sure most everyone knows, bugs are possibly the worst things to affect a server. Also in my opinion( I know I will surely get hate for this), the 1.8.9 combat system is rather dull. Don't get me wrong, 1.8.9 is a great version, but when you are on a multiplayer platform, I personally think the cons outway the pros.

On the argument of the /f tax, isn't your proposal contradictory? If a player's tax can be set to whatever the owner wants, then the owner would in-turn be leeching off of the players by setting it to something ridiculous. Even at the current cap of 10k, owners still make a good bit of money off of players. For example, if an owner were to set a cap of 10k for all faction members(even though this would probably deter many from joining[low ranks in particular]) and if they had, say, 17 faction members, that would be a quick 170,000$ every tax day. I know many players wipe their asses with 170k, but in a short amount of time that would provide a good sum of money for the faction/faction owner.
Still, you did make some very interesting and rather compelling suggestions.

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Thank you for your feedback.

We have made our position on the PVP system very clear, many times in the past. We have no intention of running a legacy PVP system.

Faction tax isn’t anywhere near as simple to balance as you make out. You’re neglecting to think of a casual group of friends, who can only play a couple of hours a week. Those players make no where near that kind of money, but do not deserve to have their faction disbanded because they can’t afford super high tax.

Factions are not something we want to prevent people from using. Our aim was to add some kind of cost, in the same way that a $0.15 plastic bag at a checkout of a supermarket makes you think twice before you get one. We think the faction tax achieves that.

We will likely make some changes for next map, and take the feedback, not only from this thread but also the feedback form available on the front page.

This is just my interpretation of the situation. This specific issue hasn’t been discussed by the staff team in a long time, so Dakota or other staff may or may not have something to add.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I love 1.8.9 pvp. But this pvp requires much more skill making it more fun so i dont want pvp changed :D

p0six

MVP+
PvP Tournament (Not Winner)
Constructive, as always.
Constructive: serving a useful purpose; tending to build up.

to be constructive is to be adding onto something with more detail. This would follow the format of yes, and. In the post you made yesterday, you said you didn't like the suggestion and gave why. This is unconstructive.

what i'm getting at is that you either don't know what it means to be unconstructive, or you're putting me to a standard that nobody else is put to. Either way, this post made me extremely upset.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Also the server moving up versions is amazing because it doesn't just let new people google "1.7 cannon schematic" "1.7 base design schematic"
they have to actually adapt and learn as will everyone next map making it overall more fair and fun. The fact that you cant come around to the learning curve and maybe a few agree with you doesn't mean a change like this should happen
You said 1.8.9 has the best pvp mechanics you cant state such a thing since its merely your opinion and maybe the opinion some of your friends share with you.
Anyone who likes to play games at a competitive angle and enjoy the skill curve parts of it will agree 1.12 is more fun for many reasons not just any noob can come on and pvp on here you have to learn

Last edited:

StopTakingUsernames

Also the server moving up versions is amazing because it doesn't just let new people google "1.7 cannon schematic" "1.7 base design schematic"
they have to actually adapt and learn as will everyone next map making it overall more fair and fun. The fact that you cant come around to the learning curve and maybe a few agree with you doesn't mean a change like this should happen
You said 1.8.9 has the best pvp mechanics you cant state such a thing since its merely your opinion and maybe the opinion some of your friends share with you.
Anyone who likes to play games at a competitive angle and enjoy the skill curve parts of it will agree 1.12 is more fun for many reasons not just any noob can come on and pvp on here you have to learn

Just to clear this up, I don't take schematics of cannons. Gotta build them yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.