Dismiss Notice
Please feel free to join our website today! We're happy to help with anything, or maybe just to have a discussion or introduce yourself!

Add Sea Pickles as new high value drug

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kuuy123, Jul 28, 2020.

1. kuuy123

kuuy123 Active Member MVP+

kuuy123
    Producer
    So I was recently doing some exploring, and came across a Warm Ocean biome. While browsing the coral wiki page, I learned about sea pickle farming. They have some interesting growth mechanics, which I think could add a fun challenge for players who just keep building the same kind of farm.

They require bone meal to spread to other nearby blocks, but this only be done underwater. In addition, they must be on a coral block, and only spread to other coral blocks.

The only issue I can think of is that there currently aren't any drugs that need bone meal in order to farm. I don't know if there's a reason behind that.
  2. Parrot4KTV

Parrot4KTV Member

I could see this happening
  3. Conches

Conches Helper Helper VIP

I feel like it might be really complicated since it it needs to be underwater and it needs bonemeal and that might be hard to explain to newer members, but it is an interesting idea!
  4. chickenchit

chickenchit Mod Staff Member Moderator MVP++

ChickenChit
    MassProducer
    You could already farm these if you really wanted to, and smelt them for lime dye, which is already a drug.
  5. MassProducer

MassProducer Helper Helper MVP

MonarchLatenix
    Junky
    I like the idea, but since this crop will be unable to be automated (I think putting bone meal in dispensers is still disabled?) and is a pretty slow farm, the price line between it being a crop nobody wants to farm and a crop that becomes too powerful to stock on boosters is extremely thin, but if a price line in the middle of those two can actually be done it would be cool
    Additional idea price the sea pickles themselves fairly conservatively, and add it as an ingredient to a drug formula where a small amount of it gets combined with a larger amount of an easier to farm drug to increase the price.
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2020
  6. kuuy123

kuuy123 Active Member MVP+

kuuy123
    Producer
    I like the idea of it being an ingredient in a drug formula! Sort of like vines. I can definitely see that working!