play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Advertisement Wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamabi

MVP+
High,
Often i see in chat people offer or ask for stuff or help. We can use the playershops for goods but the shops are
always rented and its very hard to get a shop. Also a lot of shop are out of stock or sell stuff nobody needs. With /ah you can only offer one thing at the time and you can't ask for things you need. And when you ask or offer in chat its only read by those who are online with you at that moment and you are not allowed to spam so you can't keep asking or offering on and on ;).
Soooo i was thinking if it would be a good idea to make a wall where people can rent signs to ask or offer for goods or help ?? Like a buy/sell/trade only with signs and when you offer or ask for help you can be mailed by people to make a deal. Maybe close by the playershops and only for those who don't rent a shop already.

And just to say it; Mc-Drugs is a great server with a very dedicated team but also a nice community to play with !

Mamster aka mamabi

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
An idea we have had before in various forms, but it's near impossible to automate well.
It's not worth the amount of work required.

mamabi

MVP+
Isn't it possible to make like small playershops only used for signs on the same rent conditions as the playershops ? That way signs can be automatically removed after a few days.

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I'm sure this will be discussed in a staff meeting, however - we're already unhappy with the amount of required admin maintenance for shops and are working on solutions to our current problems, to allow shop rules to be enforced in a more automated fashion.

Many thanks for the suggestion, if anyone has anything to add - feel free! :)

Ninoriff

VIP+
Why not just make an ad board with no "special" features, have it cost like 10k for a week have the admins note it down when the sign was placed then when the weeks up the ads go down. I think it'd be a good idea for people to advertise many things not just things you can sell such as bases faction, recruitment, etc.

GotEdit

Contributor II
MVP+
Why not just make an ad board with no "special" features, have it cost like 10k for a week have the admins note it down when the sign was placed then when the weeks up the ads go down. I think it'd be a good idea for people to advertise many things not just things you can sell such as bases faction, recruitment, etc.

If people are selling things, they normally say in chat e.g. "Selling blaze rods, message me." Therefore, is no need to have a sign placed in spawn saying that they are selling things. I understand that this could be fairly useful to have and for people to use but I think that it would be annoying for the admins that keep on getting messages saying "can you place this sign for me?" over and over as many people will want to sell things around the same time. People can easily just say in chat that they are selling items.

Hope you understand this.
~Edit

ContextualWolf

VIP
I have no clue what plugins you guys run for things like protections, but what if you could find a 5x5 wall, select each 1x1x1 regions a block away from the wall, thus creating 25 individual regions fit for signs.
I dont know how you could figure this out, but just a suggestion, that you have a prompt that allows the player to select which region, expensive ones at eye level and towards the middle, less expensive on top, etc.. Listed using an A-E and 1-5 system, that gives the player the permission for that 1x1x1 region for the amount of time they buy. He/She can then use a sign to advertise his shop, or whatever he wants. Blocks other than signs will be removed (the one non-automatic piece) by a moderator/admin, and his time remaining will be eliminated and banned from future use.

Keep in mind, this is just a suggestion. I have some practice with plugins, but I'm no expert. I do think this can go somewhere, but it definitely needs some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.