Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

axe and shields.

GhostByDay

I am wondering why there is no Axe or shields PVP. I think it adds a layer of strategy on when to use which item. I'm sure there is a logical explanation on why it is non existent on the server, but I've been thinking about it for a while and can't seem to figure it out. anyone that knows or have any guesses please respond.

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
While I can’t speak to the shield thing, I believe the prevalence of swords over axes is largely due to how crate items are implemented. Doesn’t make much sense to try and get a high powered pvp axe when there are so many high powered swords available. Plus since axes are disabled in mcmmo for pvp it even further reduces their usefulness.

GhostByDay

i believe adding some crate items for axes may make PVP more diverse even if MCMMO is disabled on it. axes do have their advantages, being able to destroy armour, and break shields while doing more damage. maybe adding some custom enchants that are exclusive to axes as crate items may make pvp more fun. you could add enchants like CHOP, which can do heavy hits or take a lot of durability off a piece of armor, or a swing enchant that allows you to swing your axe in a 360 degree motion. or even an enchant that destroys shields in one hit. any of these would make PVP more diverse.

50PercentOff

2023 Gold Founder
i believe adding some crate items for axes may make PVP more diverse even if MCMMO is disabled on it. axes do have their advantages, being able to destroy armour, and break shields while doing more damage. maybe adding some custom enchants that are exclusive to axes as crate items may make pvp more fun. you could add enchants like CHOP, which can do heavy hits or take a lot of durability off a piece of armor, or a swing enchant that allows you to swing your axe in a 360 degree motion. or even an enchant that destroys shields in one hit. any of these would make PVP more diverse.
Its sword pvp because mcd is mainly pot pvp and while axes do more damage, you can hit way faster with a sword which leads to more DPS I believe

MrFragtastic

Its sword pvp because mcd is mainly pot pvp and while axes do more damage, you can hit way faster with a sword which leads to more DPS I believe
Just want to add a couple notes to this. He means the offhand is used primarily as a pot slot due to the server's meta being mainly pot pvp. Also MCMMO potions are enabled as well, so shields aren't really competitive which leaves them as basically a "default kit" item only useful briefly when first starting out here. MCMMO Axes will likely break shields much faster too, not sure, but it's likely.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.