Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - AndrewGrizzly

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewGrizzly

Member Name AndrewGrizzly

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: Dexerity

Length of Ban: Permaban

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Permaban

Staff who banned you : Lurnn

Staff who dealt with you : Lurnn

Staff who have warned you previously : No warnings

Reason for ban on record : Doxxing

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I was banned for saying one of the player's names in the main chat and the state that they are in... This player previously told me in the main chat and I brought it back up it was in the conversation

What is your explanation of this reason? the definition of Doxxing is as follows: " search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent." I had no malicious intent I just said their name and their state in a situation where it went with the conversation. And I did not do a deep web search to find this information I was told by the person

Why should we unban you? This is the oddest ban ever all I did was say the name and apparently that means I'm doxxing... Again they previously told me this information in conversations a while ago in chat and I remembered it and said it again

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I won't say peoples names in the main chat without their permission

How can we trust you again? I guess you can trust that I won't say peoples names again after they tell me

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? This is the oddest ban I have ever seen I see people saying their names in chat all the time I was also given no warnings what so ever I just said the name and boom I got banned within the next couple of minutes

AndrewGrizzly

I would like to add that i was not questioned about the situation by staff... Lurnn just pointed out that i said the name and i got banned

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
You came back off of an exploiting ban and within 5 minutes you were saying things like
You commented on her first name "[12Jun2020 04:51:12.930] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [VIP+] [Hawt] Dexerity: its [INSERT IRL NAME]" Which wasn't the biggest of deals,
"[12Jun2020 04:51:17.390] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Chemist] [MVP] maxypad: ope okay"
[12Jun2020 04:51:23.487] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Chemist] [MVP] maxypad: thanks
[12Jun2020 04:51:24.940] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [Chemist] [MVP] maxypad: for that
The above logs clearly show she was unhappy about what you did as she didn't want people to know that info and after seeing this you either decided that it would be funny or something so you continued saying there full name and home state,
[12Jun2020 04:51:37.536] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [VIP+] [Hawt] Dexerity: [INSERT FULL NAME]
[12Jun2020 04:51:38.996] [Client thread/INFO] [net.minecraft.client.gui.NewChatGui/]: [CHAT] [VIP+] [Hawt] Dexerity: [INSERT STATE NAME]
I have replaced the names and state as to prevent anyone else from learning about this persons details, upon discussing this with the higher staff we decided that due to the context of the situation your ban appeal has been denied.

AndrewGrizzly

I have looked a previous ban appeal that got accepted for doxxing and the person who put up the ban appeal showed that they searched up the victims ign to find out their real name. I did not even search anything up i literally looked at snapchat and said indiana because we had a conversation that included them saying which state they live in. Again i had no malicious intent whatsoever and i did not do anything special or illegal to obtain this information

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I have looked a previous ban appeal that got accepted for doxxing and the person who put up the ban appeal showed that they searched up the victims ign to find out their real name. I did not even search anything up i literally looked at snapchat and said indiana because we had a conversation that included them saying which state they live in. Again i had no malicious intent whatsoever and i did not do anything special or illegal to obtain this information
The context of the ban appeal you are referring to is quite different, and to say there was no malicious intent is hard to believe as the person clearly showed that they were upset with you posting their first name in chat so you obviously must have known how upset they would be if you put there full name and home state. You also had no reasoning to post this info, info that could lead to anyone on the server actually looking them up and causing harm.

AndrewGrizzly

Yes i have made a mistake and i will admit that. I do not believe this deserves a permanent ban because this situation had no warnings what so ever. I fucked up but at the time i did not understand how serious the what i did was. I fully understand now that i was able to think about the situation. This does not deserve a perma ban.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Yes i have made a mistake and i will admit that. I do not believe this deserves a permanent ban because this situation had no warnings what so ever. I fucked up but at the time i did not understand how serious the what i did was. I fully understand now that i was able to think about the situation. This does not deserve a perma ban.
"Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied."

Furthermore, MCDrugs has always had a strict policy as such when it comes to Doxxing & or DDoS cases where we nearly almost give out perm bans for them.

AndrewGrizzly

Have you read the definition for doxxing? This is not a doxx... "search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent." This is bs in my opinion i did not serach for this information and i had no bad intent at all! I would love for you to tell me how this is a doxxing case. Basically all i did was a shitty move i didnt do anything that deserves this punishment.

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
Have you read the definition for doxxing? This is not a doxx... "search for and publish private or identifying information about (a particular individual) on the Internet, typically with malicious intent." This is bs in my opinion i did not serach for this information and i had no bad intent at all! I would love for you to tell me how this is a doxxing case. Basically all i did was a shitty move i didnt do anything that deserves this punishment.
If you want to argue that your ban was incorrect by definition feel free, but you just admitted yourself that what you did was wrong and fucked up and even if it isn't by the books definition of "Doxxing" we don't and won't tolerate such behaviour.

AndrewGrizzly

I would love another staffs opinion on this because this is just fucked up. You cant just tell me a made up rule after i broke it. I put some money into this shit not much at all but i feel like it got stolen with this ban.

AndrewGrizzly

And also tell me a ban reason because you just said "even if it isn't by the books definition of "Doxxing" we don't and won't tolerate such behaviour." So whats the reason

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
I would love another staffs opinion on this because this is just fucked up. You cant just tell me a made up rule after i broke it. I put some money into this shit not much at all but i feel like it got stolen with this ban.
The ban was decided by Dakotaa and during this whole appeal process I have been consulting with an admin.
And also tell me a ban reason because you just said "even if it isn't by the books definition of "Doxxing" we don't and won't tolerate such behaviour." So whats the reason
Releasing personal info about a player is why we banned you.

AndrewGrizzly

It is the player's own fault that the information was released. Again I was told by the player their first name (in public chats) and their snap has their full name in it. This player also said the state they live in in the public chats at one point

Lurrn

Retired Staff
Staff member
Retired Staff
MVP++
PvP Tournament Winner
2021 Gold Founder
It is the player's own fault that the information was released. Again I was told by the player their first name (in public chats) and their snap has their full name in it. This player also said the state they live in in the public chats at one point
So at first, you claimed that you got there state from an old snap conversation, you also claimed you had "Guessed" there second name which made us think that you must have done the research to possibly dox them, you are backpedaling and changing your story so much it's near impossible to believe you.

OldManCandy

Admin
Staff member
Admin
This ban will not be reversed. Since you want another staff to input on it then this is another staff input on it... We have always had a strict policy about releasing players names, states, addresses etc in chat. Appeal Denied. Thread will be closed as there is no more information needed in this conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.