Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Shortened Ban Appeal - cherryplant

Status
Not open for further replies.

cherryplant

Member Name cherryplant

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: cherryplant

Length of Ban: 24 hours, (one day)

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Temp banned

Staff who banned you : NovaSeepa

Staff who dealt with you : NovaSeepa

Staff who have warned you previously : NovaSeepa

Reason for ban on record : Cotinuing argument after being told to stop

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I was muted after I got into an argument with someone and continued after being told to stop.

What is your explanation of this reason? I was angry and with the heat of the moment I wasn't thinking properly, and I believed I was going to be muted if anything not banned. I was also banned as opposed to the guy who was arguing with me in the first place which isn't fair.

Why should we unban you? Because I made a mistake and if the other guy got muted first, and not banned at all, why not me?

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? Not arguing with people again

How can we trust you again? Because I learned my lesson and will not argue

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Thank you for taking your time

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Appeal denied.

Upon revision of the logs, the situation was clear.
A group of players were being exceissively toxic, and in those situations we steadily increase punishments when people fail to ingore the constant warnings from staff. You were very well aware that staff were trying to deescalate the unneccessary arguments you were causing, and you failed to coopperate in anyway and continued being excessively toxic.

Two minutes before your ban, a player was issued the same punishment as you - which you ignored and continued to be toxic.

I am in no way convinced that if I unbanned you, you woulnd't just join back and be exactly as toxic as you were upon the ban.

The ban was justified and will not be removed.

I'm further reviewing thise case, sorry for the delay, standby.

Last edited:

Spalw

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
I left my original post up, as I'd like people to understand the reasoning behind this decision - as without context it would seem very hypocritcal.

We recently made some changes to the way we plan to handle situations like this for next map, we often use a system called "Ladder Banning" in which there is a group of people (Ussually friends), who pile onto a situation. We will issue a general warning telling people to stop, and then the first person to ignore the request will recieve a punishment, the second would receive a further harsher punishment and so on. This acts as a deterrant to deescalate out of control situations.

Imagine police in a prison, as staff, we're often outnumbered ten or twenty to one, so we need tools like this to prevent a seriously toxic environment.

The exact messages which got you banned were deserving of a ban, this is clear - and I don't believe that the situation was communicated clearly enough to players. Although, you absolutely should have used common sense to understand that you shouldn't have gotten involved.

You were being a jackass, which you acklowdge in your appeal. I have shortened your punishment to a two hour mute. This situation arose due to a miscommunication between myself and our staff team about our updated practices for dealing with group toxicity.

We aim to make this even more transparent in the future.
I hope that makes sense, if you have any questions let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online