Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Shortened Ban Appeal - darkbrewery

darkbrewery

Member Name darkbrewery

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: darkbrewery

Length of Ban: 7 Days

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Temp Ban

Staff who banned you : GoodChum

Staff who dealt with you : none

Staff who have warned you previously : none

Reason for ban on record : Hacked Client - Xray

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : They thought I was xraying. Apparently they pasted in a dummy vault to try to catch x-rayers.

What is your explanation of this reason? I was mining around a faction claim, branching out like I usually would when looking for vaults. My minimap showed a large hot pink box underground at my approximate Y-level. Naturally I mined towards it.

Goodchum claims this is evidence of xray. It certainly is not.

I only installed this mod to raid after i saw other senior players using it. Minimap has been deemed acceptable and is used widely by many high level players. Evidenced by the attached screenshots posted by both Lurnn and Glucose. All links prove that these players use minimaps to raid, scanning the players current y-level.

bit (dot) ly/32PmIDd
prnt (dot) sc/tmwzob
bit (dot) ly/2OOCYw1

Why should we unban you? I thought that minimaps were allowed as this is what is stated in the server rules. I now understand that its unacceptable to use a mod like this to raid.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I will remove minimap permanently from my MC install. After discussing it with my faction, I've been told it is actually an illegal mod when it scans more than just the world surface.

How can we trust you again? Won't happen again.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? I appreciate the diligent work you do to keep MCDrugs a fair and level playing field. I deeply apologize for pushing the boundaries in an attempt to gain a competitive edge.
I personally despise X-rayers and feel ashamed for potentially stooping to their level.

GoodChum_

Contributor III
MVP++
The function of seeing the small area around you in Y was said by Dakota to be allowed which is what the "big players" use. You used it during a raid which is equivalent to an xray as it is an advantage to something you would not be able to see otherwise. This part of using it while raiding was going to go under staff evaluation at the meeting as this function of seeing the Y axis was never reported to higher staff before now. However, it is fairly obvious that using it to raid would never be allowed, as you did use it to raid along with the fact it was still under investigation, which means you should not be using it at all.

That being said as it was not xray I will shorten your ban to 3 days for using a mod in a way that is not allowed and will never be allowed. From your appeal i can see you understand why you will be staying banned. See you in 3 days.

Latest posts

Members online