Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Denied Ban Appeal - Erick Bloomquist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Member Name Erick Bloomquist

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: Crocogator17

Length of Ban: 2 Hours

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Temp Ban, Impersonation of a Cop/ being difficult with staff

Staff who banned you : Willifolts

Staff who dealt with you : Willifolts, CJHuber, Irlabiche

Staff who have warned you previously : Not sure who, but someone has

Reason for ban on record : Impersonation of a Cop/ being difficult with staff

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I think the administrative team mate a severe error on their call here, and I'm pretty upset about it. It's only a 2 hour ban so I don't really care about being banned in itself, but I just want the owner, or higher ranking admin to be made aware of what happened.

What is your explanation of this reason? I was walking around wearing purple armor and I was suddenly approached by Willifolts. There was a slight disagreement in chat, of Willifolts telling me to take off the armor as I "looked too similar to a cop". I was not impersonating a cop, I wasn't wearing the same armor as a cop, and I wasn't doing anything a cop does. I was just walking around minding my own business.

Also during the disagreement I'd like to mention that one of the admins or mods said "do not wear any dyed armor in spawn" Which is not a server rule. I cannot believe they would add a rule to the server in the middle of an argument, and then ban me potentially based off of that. That is incredibly immature behavior.

Why should we unban you? I think the admin team has made a severe error in banning me and I hope you will take my request seriously.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I think the errors were made entirely by the administration team. If purple dyed armor looks too similar to blue so I can't wear it, then why is diamond armor allowed? That is also blue and could be misperceived as impersonating a cop. and I'm aware that sounds ridiculous but that's how ridiculous Willifolts sounded when he banned me. If Purple is too similar to blue, then why isn't light blue diamond armor not allowed? It's just completely dumbfounding to me how your administrative team could make such a huge error and I truly hope you realize what a mistake they have made.

How can we trust you again? The real question is how can you trust your admin team again after they made that big mistake.

I am sticking to what I said before, and this banning was not a result of my actions, but a result of Willifolts not being able to tell the difference between purple and blue.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? If Willifolts is the one who reviews this, I would like to say I do not hold a grudge or harsh feelings against you. I recognize everyone makes mistakes. I would just like you to acknowledge the mistake you have made.

Thank you for taking the time to review my appeal.

Edit: I got my ban extended for "use of an alt" I literally got off my family computer for 20 minutes and came back and that was the message I saw. What. The administrative team is completely incompetent. I should be given reparations or something for all the trouble your staff has given me.

willifolts

Admin
Staff member
Admin
I just want to point out some context here that you failed to include. You had been warned and banned twice already before this incident. The purple dyed armor you were wearing was also enchanted, which made it difficult to tell from the enchanted blue armor that cops normally wear.

The intention of the “Dont impersonate cops” rule is to ensure that there is a clear difference between drug players and cop players. You knew what you were doing, and were trying to find a loophole in this rule. By running around in the dyed enchanted armor with the stick, it would have been very easy to trick new (and even some of the more veteran) players into believing you were a cop, especially at a distance.

While my statement of “don’t wear dyed leather armor in spawn” was not specific enough, your argument about diamond armor is as ridiculous as it sounds. There is a clear difference in both texture and hue of the two armors, unlike the enchanted blue vs enchanted purple leather armor.

Your intention was to impersonate a cop, while also trying to skirt the rules. Others on the staff team agree with me. The ban is justified and will stay.

I just want to point out some context here that you failed to include. You had been warned and banned twice already before this incident. The purple dyed armor you were wearing was also enchanted, which made it difficult to tell from the enchanted blue armor that cops normally wear.

The intention of the “Dont impersonate cops” rule is to ensure that there is a clear difference between drug players and cop players. You knew what you were doing, and were trying to find a loophole in this rule. By running around in the dyed enchanted armor with the stick, it would have been very easy to trick new (and even some of the more veteran) players into believing you were a cop, especially at a distance.

While my statement of “don’t wear dyed leather armor in spawn” was not specific enough, your argument about diamond armor is as ridiculous as it sounds. There is a clear difference in both texture and hue of the two armors, unlike the enchanted blue vs enchanted purple leather armor.

Your intention was to impersonate a cop, while also trying to skirt the rules. Others on the staff team agree with me. The ban is justified and will stay.

I literally said I had been warned before. that's not me leaving out context. Also to acknowledge your rule about distinguishing between cop and drug players, I literally didn't do anything though. My actions impacted no one at all, so it's stupid to ban me. I wasn't chasing players around as a cop, or using it to sneak drugs past other cops. I sat on a tree, wearing purple armor. I'm so glad you protected the community against a tree monkey wearing purple leather pants. Good work administrator. keeping the streets safe.

my intention was not to impersonate a cop, it was to wear frickin purple armor. Like you can't just ban a color. That's stupid.

Also saying that diamond armor has a bigger difference compared to purple, thats completely subjective. it's light blue and blue, and then blue and purple. blue and purple are different colors, light blue and blue ARE the same color with just a different hue.

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
If it were just purple enchanted armour you might be able to argue this, but it wasn't. You were warned for cop impersonation previously, and instead of listening you tried to circumvent the rule by changing your armour colour slightly. There is absolutely no reason to stand around enchanted leather armour with a stick in hand unless you're trying to look like a cop. Your inability to follow such a simple rule after several warnings from multiple staff is pathetic. Here is the rule as seen in /rules for your reference:
D7vf6yN.png

Also, regarding your alt. We can see what accounts are on your IP. You logged on with a new account shortly after your ban. This was not an error on our part, the account's previous name is even nearly identical to your current one.
D06JThQ.png

cTzyuZl.png

Your ban will stay. Thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.