Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Accepted Ban Appeal - EthanBoiii

EthanBoiii

Member Name EthanBoiii

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: Used to be TaxEvader666, now EthanBigHammer

Length of Ban: Permanent

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : Minecraft Perm

Staff who banned you : NovaSeepa

Staff who dealt with you : NovaSeepa

Staff who have warned you previously : none

Reason for ban on record : dox threats/sending malicious links

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : I sent an ip grabbing link to a player through discord, and doxed him. (if it makes it any better I didn't send his IP to anyone on the server)

What is your explanation of this reason? Okay let me explain the entire context behind this situation. I was banned on June 6th of 2020. A member of an opposing faction named SE kept antagonizing me and my faction, and one day I let it get to me and I did exactly what he wanted to happen to me. He would do things like go invis in the pit and splash us with poison, talk trash to us, and overall just be really annoying. One day around 4 am I get a mysterious message from him over discord that really scared me. I had never spoke to him anywhere other than the Minecraft server before, and he sends me something along the lines of RIP your hedgehog. My pet hedgehog had recently passed away do to a sickness, and I was still pretty upset over it. I also had not told anyone in the server about this, so when he even said my hedgehogs name I got really creeped out, and knew that he found info on me in some creepy stalker way. The fact that it was 4 am, I was really creeped out, and I wasn't the most mature of a person made me not think very rationally. After he had sent me numerous death threats and pictures of guns, I IP grabbed him and doxed him. I understand that this was not the right thing to do in the situation and really dumb, but I was not thinking clearly and let him get to me. I have already tried appealing once around a week after this happened and got denied. Even in SE's appeal (which was accepted) he couldn't help himself to not spread lies about me. He states that he found out this info because there was a rumor on the server that I killed my hedgehog. This is obviously completely false, there wasn't even a rumor because like I said I didn't discuss my hedgehog or much about my personal life at all on the server.

Why should we unban you? I think that I should be unbanned for a few reasons. One of these includes the fact that I have never been banned before this and have been a long time player on the server who has stayed unproblematic for the most part. I completely acknowledge the fact that IP grabbing SE was the wrong thing to do and I regret what I did now, but in the heat of the moment I slipped up because I was scared about the death threats I was sent. Normally I would not be scared about a death threat but I had felt really nervous because I had no idea how he found out this information about me, and I wanted to spite him for making fun of my deceased pet and being a total creep to me.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I will try to avoid as much conflict as possible on the server, and I now understand that when I have a real problem with a player I should not just take matters into my own hands, but leave the situation alone once I report it to an admin.

How can we trust you again? I have matured a lot as a person since then, and after looking back on this event for more than 6 months, I understand that what I did was wrong and will not do it again, and I will try to stray as far away as I can from getting into a situation like that again.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? Please try and look at this situation from my perspective. I'm pretty sure if anyone got death threats at 4 am from a stranger and had their pet who had just passed away insulted they would be thinking pretty irrationally and not make the best decisions.

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
Considering the nature of this appeal I think it would be more fair to let the staff team make a decision on it rather than reviewing it by myself. I will bring it up at our staff meeting tomorrow.

NovaSeepa

Admin
Staff member
Admin
MVP++
Hi EthanBoiii, after discussing it with the staff team we have decided to accept your appeal. Obviously you are aware that what you did was wrong and will not be tolerated, but with the amount of time that has passed and the circumstances surrounding the original ban we feel it is appropriate to give you another chance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.