Menu

play.labs-mc.com 0 PLAYERS ONLINE
Join Our Discord! 0 MEMBERS ONLINE

Accepted Ban Appeal for ping joke

Optiv

Member Name: Optiv/Optiv#0001 Discord

Ban appeals are for when we have made a mistake, or there has been a significant change in the circumstances.
These are the only reasons a ban appeal would be accepted. Appeals for "apologies" or just admitting you did wrong will be instantly denied.

In Game Name: Optiv

Length of Ban: perma

Nature of ban(ie, mine craft temp banned or TS3 perm ban) : minecraft server/in game

Staff who banned you : bradderzwrld
Staff who dealt with you : bradderzwrld

Staff who have warned you previously : nobody, 1 time instance but some people commented after the fact

Reason for ban on record : "DDOS Threats" (this was not a ddos threat)

Why do you think you were banned?(what you think the admins thought) : They thought that ping actually does anything. I said "ping play.mc-drugs.com" (This does not do anything) and it would be a "ddos attack," which it isn't. We are all constantly pinging the server host constantly and infinitely as we play the server. Your pings are logged on your computer but you don't always see them. Pinging a server I am connected to does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING because it basically just pulls up a log/connection report.

What is your explanation of this reason? The mod did not seem to understand how ddos attacks work.

Why should we unban you? I was playing with a few friends and if I am banned here we will have to switch servers which would be very annoying.

What measures will you take to prevent this from happening again? I guess I can't joke about things that scare people that don't know or care about how that system works.

How can we trust you again? Ddosing minecraft servers is stupid, I don't even really know how to ddos people if I even tried, and don't see why I would want to.

What else would you like to say to the admins who will review this case? I think that there should be some tolerance for stupid jokes like this. Or you might actually stumble upon the wrong person who gets too harsh of a punishment and ACTUALLY wants to ddos you guys because of the abusive atmosphere of the server.

Below is ingame chat log for the joke I made. Not to mention the ip is wrong in the first place, you need a numerical ip to really ddos somebody, and this whole situation is stupid. I tried talking to the moderator but he was too closed minded and would not listen to what I was trying to say.

upload_2021-1-31_19-47-54.png

bradderzwld

Retired Staff
Retired Staff
MVP++
2021 Gold Founder
Appeal Accepted.

Firstly, In the future I would also suggest against critiquing the expertise of players you know nothing about as this appeal contains both incorrect information and comes off slightly rude.

Secondly, as I stated in our discord messages the server has a zero tolerance policy for any of this behavior, including jokes. We want absolutely none of this on MCD and will continue to enforce this. However, I have (and always intended to) accept this appeal.
Any further behavior like this will result in a permanent ban and appeals will not be accepted.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.